The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mixing readings with Book tests/seances (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am writing about performing Book tests and in particular those haunted book tests that could be used for a séance. I am especially interested in performing Room Service and PHANTOMS. Do you think it would be overkill to pick up information from one of the sitters using a hot read? It would be like John Edwards doing a reading on someone and accidently picking up a little information from the person directly behind the person that he was reading. Or should I only pick up information from the book that I am using and maybe the spirit that has visited?

I have always looked at acts like séances and haunted type book tests as being more open and loose. If I could pick up information from an old worn book and even called a spirit to show up, wouldn’t it stand to reason that I also might accidently receive information from people in the room that are close to me? I sometimes over think things and is why I am asking. When I perform PHANTOMS I will sometimes walk around as if I am seeing things that aren’t there. It is as if I have entered that time period as I recall the hits that I receive. So does it make sense to also pick up vibrations and thoughts of the sitters as I receive hits from Room Service,PHANTOMS or a seance? How about throwing in a sensational answer also? .... To Much?

This idea can also be done with AREA and any other book test. If we could read a word that a person is thinking of, why couldn’t we also see a little more? What are your thoughts?

Best
Ray
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
I like your logic! The hot read's gonna make the routine very powerful and potentially very scary. As a spectator I always want a performance too meet my logical criteria, it stands to reason that a spirit would transcend the limitations of the book. Wish I could see it live, good luck!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4477 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I explored the idea of combining a book test with a cold read in my essay, "Maternal Bibliomancy," found in "The Supplemental OORT."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3496 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Interesting idea. Usually mixing hot and cold thing create a luke warm result but may not be the case here. I would think the two would compliment and strengthen each other.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mixing readings with Book tests/seances (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL