The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Sharpie (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Flo
View Profile
New user
Paris
50 Posts

Profile of Flo
Hi,

I would like to use it in association with the Xpert
so I need to know if supersharpie "fits" with it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I totally agree! I never liked nailwriting.

With this, you can make the writing clear and readable.

I love it! Use it all the time.
Brilliant thinking Chris Smith,
Cheers,
James

Quote:
On 2004-06-16 04:43, tdaube wrote:
This was recommended to me and I bought it. I have to say, this is the best nail writer ever invented!

No more fishing around in your pocket to find some tiny pencil lead gimmick.

Just bring out your Sharpie pen that you use for signed cards anyway. Now you can make a bold, legible prediction whenever you want to.

I also like the fact that the gimmick makes a more readable prediction because it glides smoothly.

I'm wondering who else has this and what they think. I mean, I never liked using a nail writer before I got this.

tdaube
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
I like this thing too.

My only 'quibble' is that the blue 'thing' isn't black. Ok so maybe it could be a grey thing but black would definitely be better (sorry to have to be a bt criptic here).

The other minor point is that the sharpie should NOT be handed out for examination, as the instructions suggest. Examiners WILL spot something odd...As I said though it's a minor point. A pen is a pen is a pen. Who'd want to look at it?
tdaube
View Profile
Loyal user
Nevada
229 Posts

Profile of tdaube
...The other minor point is that the sharpie should NOT be handed out for examination, as the instructions suggest...

I hand them the pen to sign a card and they never suspect anything. I don't say, "Please inspect this pen."

tdaube
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 08:30, WanderingMagician wrote:
I like this thing too.

My only 'quibble' is that the blue 'thing' isn't black. Ok so maybe it could be a grey thing but black would definitely be better (sorry to have to be a bt criptic here).

The other minor point is that the sharpie should NOT be handed out for examination, as the instructions suggest. Examiners WILL spot something odd...As I said though it's a minor point. A pen is a pen is a pen. Who'd want to look at it?

This is a fair quibble. It bothered me too. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to make it black.

Does anyone have Daryl's bounce no bounce? Could a piece be taken off the clay ball and used ( would it stick to your thumb? )
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
If you don't want to use the blue thing, why not just use clear double s**** t***?
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 12:47, MagicChris wrote:
I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to make it black.

Follow the instructions for making it gray. Then do it again. After two tries, mine was invisible.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Quinn is right.

Just keep on using another sharpie and eventually that light grey color will disappear. My Super Sharpie is completely black. It even fools me.

Chris, have you come up with any new handlings? I am very interested in hearing them.

Steve
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Does it make a squeeky noise if you write on smooth paper, the way Sharpies usually do?
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 12:58, Larry Davidson wrote:
If you don't want to use the blue thing, why not just use clear double s**** t***?

Hmmm. Not sure. This might work well.

tdaube
View Profile
Loyal user
Nevada
229 Posts

Profile of tdaube
[quote
Does it make a squeeky noise if you write on smooth paper, the way Sharpies usually do?
[/quote]

I nave not found noise to be an issue.

tdaube
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Okay, I read all these posts and not one brings up this issue...

When the thing runs out/dries out, can I re-make the gimmick or replace the pen without purchasing another $40 NW?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 17:41, tmoca wrote:
Okay, I read all these posts and not one brings up this issue...

When the thing runs out/dries out, can I re-make the gimmick or replace the pen without purchasing another $40 NW?

It is VERY simple to recharge the unit. The gimmick does not need replacing at all. PM me for additional info if needed.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Okay, but what about the sharpie itself. When it runs out, can you attach or apply the gimmick to a new one or are you s.o.l.?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I PM'ed you.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Thank you everyone for your inner thoughts on this product. After reading the posts I have decided to purchase this item and must say it is great.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 20:19, tmoca wrote:
Okay, but what about the sharpie itself. When it runs out, can you attach or apply the gimmick to a new one or are you s.o.l.?

You just buy a new Sharpie from the store and take the cartridge out and out it in yoru Super Sharpie.

JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
I haven't had any problems with "squeaking" on the surface when in use. The way that the gimmicked part is designed, and the way that the tip is enclosed in said gimmick, I feel that it actually eliminates the possibility of the NW "talking". Very controllable. LOVE this item! Great work on a new classic, Mr. Smith!
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I do have this sharpie item, but still a question for me how to refill the gimmick when it's dries out.
PHI
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of PHI
Super Sharpie 8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Sharpie (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL