The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Loaded Invisible Dice (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Where can one get loaded invisible dice?

They showcased "Invisible Dice" on Scam School and said that the dice were not loaded. But because most arithmetic based effects rub me as a little bit to convoluted, because the math in my opinion is not well hidden. There are excemptions of course. I think a loaded die could make this effect stronger.

I would like to know where I can get some loaded invisible dice.

What I ment above is, how would you load invisible dice?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1350 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
I would just misspot them.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2018, Takwah wrote:
Where can one get loaded invisible dice?

They showcased "Invisible Dice" on Scam School and said that the dice were not loaded. But because most arithmetic based effects rub me as a little bit to convoluted, because the math in my opinion is not well hidden. There are excemptions of course. I think a loaded die could make this effect stronger.

I would like to know where I can get some loaded invisible dice.

What I ment above is, how would you load invisible dice?


I have some but I can’t find them.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2018, Takwah wrote:
Where can one get loaded invisible dice?


They're next to your mouse. Don't you see them?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3500 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I for one would just like to applaud the OP's correct use of the singular 'die' and plural 'dice'.

Regarding the question, Diamond Jim Taylor makes some gimmicked dice, if I recall correctly.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, Tim Cavendish wrote:
I would just misspot them.


Thank you for this idea, I have given this one a thorough thought, and it gave me one or two ideas, I am not sure it's what you originally had in mind though, but it sparked my creativity, whatever that means.

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, Woodfield wrote:
I have some but I can’t find them.


Can you describe what they looked like?

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
They're next to your mouse. Don't you see them?


Sorry, no, those were just regular invisible dice.

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I for one would just like to applaud the OP's correct use of the singular 'die' and plural 'dice'.

Regarding the question, Diamond Jim Taylor makes some gimmicked dice, if I recall correctly.


Thank you, I appreciate that, especially since you you didn't point out that it's 'too', not 'to' and that I ment to say 'exception' not 'excemption', though I believe that it works too.

Concerning Diamon Jim Taylor, which I ran by google and found that if I understand the pinguinmagic pitch correctly, they are real visible dice.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I watched the scam school episode and have some patter suggestion that could hide the math in the trick a bit.

Mentalist; If I were to give you physical dice you might think them loaded or gimmicked in some way? But if the dice were only in your mind you would know that they were genuine. Right? Great! Staring with but two dice like when playing craps in Monte Carlo role them on the table but don't try for any particular number. Statistically 7 will come up most often so if you've rolled a 7 that's OK.

(pause to see in the face of the participant if they in fact rolled a 7? if they didn't it doesn't matter)

Now even thought you rolled a 7 (or some other number) we don't know how your rolled them. It could be a 6&1 or 5&2 even a 4&3. Obviously you could have rolled another number and we just don't know what it is?

Thinking of just two numbers on dice is challenging for me to pick up from your mind but I want to complicate things even more and to make things harder on me. Take one of the die and hold it in your hand don't tell me which hand just hold it tight in your fist and mimic the same action with your other hand.

(this gives you an opportunity for a which hand effect)

Now do you remember the number on top the die in your hand? Good! Now you can present Mr. Taylor's effect to it's conclusion.

Now you have justified the math by "complicating" things making it harder for you. The addition of the which hand effect with nothing in the hand is also to distract from the math.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I for one would just like to applaud the OP's correct use of the singular 'die' and plural 'dice'.


Actually, in modern English, the singular and plural are both "dice".
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3500 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It's acceptable but not exclusively correct. 'Die' was the singular for the vast majority of the history use of the word and 'dice' as singular resulted from widespread misuse.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/dice-die/
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4432 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Take it from me, the singular of the word 'dice' is 'douse.'

(Just like the singular of the word 'mice' is 'mouse.')

Besides, you never want to hear me say the word 'DIE!' now, do you? ;-)
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I watched the scam school episode and have some patter suggestion that could hide the math in the trick a bit.

...

Now you have justified the math by "complicating" things making it harder for you. The addition of the which hand effect with nothing in the hand is also to distract from the math.


Thank you, I really appreciate it and like your approach a lot, it has a lot of detail and ingenuity. I shall learn from that.

Quote:
On Jan 26, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
It's acceptable but not exclusively correct. 'Die' was the singular for the vast majority of the history use of the word and 'dice' as singular resulted from widespread misuse.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/dice-die/


And it's not the only thing the english language is loosing, which I find kinda sad to be honest. In school they drilled us with the irregular verbs and I since see them on the decline too. Grammarly is a great site and I recommend it to everyone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Loaded Invisible Dice (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL