The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a particular routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Around 5-7 years ago I came across a mentalist routine utilizing the addresses on envelopes or in an address book. I have been trying my best to remember where I saw this and the effect, but can't for the life of me remember. I've searched through my book and video collection but haven't been able to turn up anything. Since I can't remember, could I have some recommendations on books or DvDs related to mentalism using a list of addresses, like say from an address book or stack of envelopes? Thanks.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I need more information about the effect and think this would come close to discussing methods in the open. I think it should go downstairs?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Senor Fabuloso, I'm not asking for the particular effect as I literally can't remember enough of the effect or method to help, but rather books or videos that contain effects in general that involve having a spectator pick/think of an address from either a list or a stack of envelopes and then being able to correctly devine the info they are thinking of. No need to go downstairs, as I'm not asking to discuss methods, only the books or DvDs that contain routines with this concept.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I'd love to talk to you about this but I have no DVD or book reference to share with you. What I do have is an effect that uses a well known gaff that may be what your looking for? It may even be my own although I don't know if it's original enough to claim it mine? PM me if you want to know what I'm talking about?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

I sent you a PM, thanks.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
You sure it was not dates from a appointment book the kind a slaes person may carry and playing cards. Bob Cassidy Chronolog sounds like what you may be recalling.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
There was a routine taught on a Penguin lecture with names and addresses. I am trying to remember who it was...
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 24, 2018, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
You sure it was not dates from a appointment book the kind a slaes person may carry and playing cards. Bob Cassidy Chronolog sounds like what you may be recalling.

This sounds familiar, and I have some of Bob Cassidy's work, I'll have to check it out. But I'm sure it was with the addresses, not the dates. Thanks!
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Docc Hilford's little black book test perhaps?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a particular routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL