We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Coral Castle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have been transfixed on Coral Castle outside of Miami for over forty years, as you may know this amazing structure was built by Edward Leedskalnin. Ed was an immigrant from Latvia weighing in at a mere 99 pounds and just over five feet tall. It is almost impossible to image this man singlehandedly cut the slabs of forty ton coral, positioned them and carved it....yet he did. I have followed this amazing man and his accomplishments for many years, reading first hand accounts, books, etc. It seems an equally brilliant man has solved this mystery...even using items still onsightvat the castle. If you are interested in this topic the attahed video is a must see:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nOoCuDnmtyM

Chuck
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Remember the place where it stands today is the second location. He moved it there from the first location in one night. Cool place lots of connections to the solar alignments and other things. I was there early last year.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Yes, you are correct. Ed was beat up by local ruffians and decided to move the castle about ten miles away. After his death I believe his nephew inherited everything, in a tin box he found Ed's life savings of thirty 100 bills. Ed made money from giving tours in the castle and the sale of his pamphlets and a few thin books he wrote. These books and pamphlets ( reproductions ) are currently for sale on the Coral Castle website, I would strongly suggest purchasing these. One is on the subject of Magnetic Current....this all fits in with the above video I linked. Several of his machines were hand wound coils, solinoids, motor driven cutters, primitive Reed switches, etc...all powered by car batteries wired in parallel.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5543 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just when I thought I knew every American oddity, another shows up. Thanks Chuck! I had no idea.

Another one for the bucket list!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Ha! No problem....weird things seem to find me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Coral Castle (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL