The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Today I have build different new RexIgnis Box-Style.
The spectator is now sitting in front of the candle and the box is laying on the other side. Nearly invisible.

If you are using the remote, the spectator can hold his hand above the candle without having to lead him.
I make a Video later for you guys.

You can now choose which box you prefer.
Playing Cards, Matchbox or Cigarette box.

Questions? Then ask! ;-)

Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Looks great. When will these new versions be available for purchase?
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

From now.

Tomorrow we are updating the website.
I will keep you informed guys.
maarten81
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of maarten81
This is an absolute great effect and something completely different than anyting else on the market.
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Will post the link to the product page in th esecret section for anyone who like to get more information. PM me or Rainer if you have any questions please.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Really want this but out my price range unfortunately Smile
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
If you wanna know how the upgrade looks like Smile it's in full view and just notice how low you can go with your or the spectators hand:

https://vimeo.com/318395806
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I own the original version and am very happy with it, everyone has his own performance style, I am taking care when performing that the flame should flicker the least possible, as this could be a potential give a way

of the method, and also doesn't look as magical as a still flame imho.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I own the new combi version and it’s a fantastic piece of kit.
Rainer did a amazing job with this and his customer service is top notch.
Seriously this is a superior product and effect.
For owners I might share a small camouflage solution in the FB group soon.
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Live performance videos have been added to the product page. You are invited to take a look.

all the best
Thomas
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Hmmm... Can't find the new Videos or even the new Version with the Matchbox on the website. Where can I place my order? Where can I find the new Version? Can you give me a link? Thanks!!!
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
You are welcome here: www.signum23.com/en/shop

have a nice day
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Thank you! Send you a PM! Have a nice day...
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Hi all, I hope everyone's fine, and just felt it was time to share my experiences with Rex Ignis. I have received the matchbox version, first thing I literally need to say is that these ParaLabs guys are not normal people. Normal people would never think squeezing something like that into a matchbox. Like, normal people would KNOW this is next to impossible. And let's not even consider the engineering, but the IDEA behind Rex. Normal people wanting to achieve placing their hand above a flame without getting burnt would think of palming something, or using a special cream... Right? NOT THIS.

Ok, but... does it deliver? We all have examples of superb solutions that simply don't stand the test of real-condition performances. Well, the first victims of Rex Ignis were my wife and Kids. And make no mistake: they are the toughest audience you could think of. Especially my 13 year-old daughter. You fool her, you are good and your trick is ready. No one, after watching my hand stay above this flame for as long as I wanted, could fathom what they were witnessing. They tried but all got burned. Then they watched me again, placing my hand exactly where they had theirs a moment before. They inspected my hand very carefully, rubbed my palms, inspected the candle as well asking if it was a trick candle (?). The matchbox was left completely alone, undisturbed...

Then at night I took the matchbox to a lounge bar that has candles on every table. I don't need to tell you that the whole place stopped talking, drinking, flirting, eating, discussing business, you-name-it when they saw my hand above this flame for so long... I could see people at tables around me trying themselves to replicate what they were seeing and removing their hands fast, rubbing them laughing and looking at me with a weird smile...

This thing works better than I thought, and I still haven't charged it. The uses are endless, it can be a stunt, hypnosis, whatever you can think of... On a stage you can even place the matchbox behind the candle, and it won't even be seen. Not that it is a problem, but just saying....

Oh, I forgot about the NOISE. Well, it makes NONE. Nothing. Nada. THAT by itself is impressive enough to be mentioned.

Rainer, this is just an ingenious idea that was met with brilliant engineering and gave a very, very impressive result. I never expected to like it that much. Everybody knows I'm the prop-less weirdo, the most minimalistic of minimalistic performers. If it's more than a business card I don't like it. Saying I love this costs me a lot. But I can't lie.

Congratulations. There is no other word.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for your review Phedon.
I’d be curious to hear from owners of this if they feel the remote or spare battery are worth the extra cost?
How necessary is the remote and under what circumstances would you need?
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Thank you very much Phedon!!

I'm really excited to read your feedback!

If any questions around...please let me know guys...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2019, Rainer - ParaLabs wrote:

If any questions around...please let me know guys...

Well, there were a couple questions immediately above your post that got ignored.
But I’ll try PM’ing you.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2019, videoman wrote:
Thanks for your review Phedon.
I’d be curious to hear from owners of this if they feel the remote or spare battery are worth the extra cost?
How necessary is the remote and under what circumstances would you need?

Hello Videoman,

Personally I own none of the two you're mentioning, and I do not feel I need them. The autonomy is phenomenal and the remote... Well, you might find a use for it, but it is far from being necessary.

Just my two cents here Smile

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thank you Phedon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL