The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rare books in ebook format (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2111 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I work for Ellusionist. When customers report piracy, I either report it to have it taken down myself, or I verify it and pass it on to the legal team, if it's not something I can report myself.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Why would one need to see the scan of a book to know it had been pirated? Wouldn't the existence of the scan be enough?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2111 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Because if it's not actually what it claims to be there's no grounds for action.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Why would one need to see the scan of a book to know it had been pirated? Wouldn't the existence of the scan be enough?

Lol. Are you a mathematician by any chance? Just pondering the existence of an object might suffice in a mathematical proof, but try that in court my friend and see what happens...
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2018, Mr. Woolery wrote:
Ebooks are a mixed blessing and curse. They allow a solo operator to publish his ideas (or her ideas) and sell directly.

Given the availability of Print on Demand and the costs involved, I tend to disagree with this.

Amazon.com, for example, has a POD arm "Createspace". No cost for print, no miminiums etc.

If I ever got to the point of either wanting to publish any ideas, I would RUN away from PDF and head towards POD, better control, better set up.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1077 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Reuben Dunn wrote:
No cost for print, ...

That is certainly not true. Createspace and any other POD company charges for printing. And those charges are very high, because POD is much more expensive than a standard print run when calculated on a per copy basis. On top you have shipping costs, deal with lost packages, returns, errors in the print, delays until it is printed and shipped. POD has its place, but it is hardly a perfect solution.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24204 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I must chime in here. I have had several of my publications released legally through Lybrary.com. All of these are totally legal. Chris is scrupulously honest about making sure the right people get the royalties.

I am aware of sites that sell bootleg copies of some of my material. I don't need to have actual copies in hand to know that this is being done. My friends tell me about them. I know who I can trust.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
344 Posts

Profile of hcs
I publish almost all of my works on Lybrary.com. Perfect service and Chris is a man of honor!
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4 and 5x5 Magic Squares * 120 A4-pages
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Personally, none. Keep them rare, and physical, so they don't get shared around and ruined.

agree totally.
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Keep the out of the hands of hobby people
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1607 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
"It Must Be Mindreading" is page for page the best mentalist book, hands down.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rare books in ebook format (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL