The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Time Traveller by Kieron Johnson (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Just got word from Saturn my preorder is shipping today!yahoo!!!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2358 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Yes that's right, we are shipping International orders a few days early so you stand a chance of getting them on or around the release date.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
256 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Woooooooooo!
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
37 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Hey Mark I'm sure Cornwall is classed as international.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
That is an awesome consideration. Thanks Saturn Magic.... little things like that are not that little and imo win customer loyalty!
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7517 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is it just me or does it look like Randy is dressed as an astronaut when reading his posts?? Smile Smile
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Lol... now that you mention it...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Is it just me or does it look like Randy is dressed as an astronaut when reading his posts?? Smile Smile

Ha, it's funny you say that, because I just thought the same thing yesterday when I read his post!
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, pegasus wrote:

It does sorry randy I can’t wait to sign the rest of the books on Wednesday.

Hofuly every one should have it Blackpool weekend or a few days after.

I’m really looking forward to lecturing there Friday as well
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Guess I need to do a space themed act... wonder how LINKING RINGS might work... Got a set Somewhere...Smile. Wonder if time traveller has space traveller tricks lol
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
Guess I need to do a space themed act... wonder how LINKING RINGS might work... Got a set Somewhere...Smile. Wonder if time traveller has space traveller tricks lol

Maybe that could be volume two lol

Kieron johnson space traveler wit randy and his rings it’s out of this world,

Lol
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Sign me up for that volume too Lol!
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 11, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
Sign me up for that volume too Lol!

Lol I wil definitely think about it.

Kind regards

Kieron
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Just to let you no we’re be shipping out Thursday and I will have what’s left at Blackpool we’re not expecting to have any left after Blackpool.

Kind regards

Kieron
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Hi

Just out of interest

Can I ask is this a hardback or softback book ?

Thanks
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1015 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Softback
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Preshow Announcements Sample & INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Rindercella Story

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2018, kieronthemighty wrote:
Just to let you no we’re be shipping out Thursday and I will have what’s left at Blackpool we’re not expecting to have any left after Blackpool.

Kind regards

Kieron

Drat, I just found about this by listening to your guest appearance on the Magician's Advice podcast. I guess I must have misheard that the pre-orders would be accepted through this weekend.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
233 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
Review time - I have to declare an interest in that I am a friend of Kieron's - that said this review is unbiased.

This is a little gem of a book, my first response was this is the best thing I have bought in years combined with a selfish feeling that yes for Kieron's sake I want the book to do well, but if no-one else ever reads it then great....though that would be a shame because it has the potential to fundamentally change magic - a mindset as much as a book of tricks.

So what do you get? It's a little over 90 pages long and 13 tricks along with some bits of advice - waterproofing cards, flash paper etc

Invisible Ice - a superb, brilliant presentation of a well known trick that takes it to another level. Construction is simple, reset is a !@#$% (by which I mean each set up is single use)....and that in part is some of the beauty of Kieron's work. It requires a little more effort (sometimes) for a much bigger payoff. To those who put the work in the rewards are great.

Radley - an animal is chosen at random, the magician pulls out a balloon dog(bird was chosen), The magician makes the dog fly like a bird. It's fun, it's quirky and it also shows the sheer hard work Kieron puts into his work. It started out as a challenge to himself - putting helium into a modelling balloon doesn't make it fly.

Lolly 2.0 - a variation on Kieron's lolly production from fire. The lolly production has been part of Kieron's penguin lecture & I think Chaotic DVD. It feels like it has become almost ubiquitous in the UK - it' s easy to do, gets great reactions. This is an update with a second kicker ending.

Iced Tea - I was SO EXCITED when Kieron told me about this - I would have bought the book for this trick alone. A hot drink is turned to ice, no chemicals, no electronics. It doesn't disappoint. He's a devious little !@#$er and that's the truth! Love that man!

How to swallow smoke - just what it says. Learn to swallow smoke and bring it back up on command (you can talk etc in the interim between swallowing and returning). Comes with lots of health warnings though glycerine vapour is almost certainly safe.

Flower Power - a different variation of Lolly 2.0 and was demonstrated in Kieron's Penguin lecture. A pack of cards with prizes on is produced. spec chooses one. Cards are put back in the box. Spectators choice (a flower) is revealed using your favourite method and the card box is now shown to be full of soil. has the potential for a nice giveaway with a ribbon and a business card.

To the Max: your hands are shown empty a piece of paper is lit - a block of ice is produced. This was /is marketed as a stand alone trick and here it is in the book. I do a variation of this as part of my working set. - Very strong.

Boiling an egg with the power of your mind: an egg is borrowed (if performing at someone's home) or examined (if not) and held between the performers hands where it becomes hot and boiled. Expect screams with this one.

Light up the world. A deck of blank cards is introduced - each has the word "Off" written on it - a card is selected, the word off crossed out, and on written instead. The cards are shuffled. Magician pulls out a lightbulb which lights over the selected card. Pause for a minute - how imaginative is that?! a card is found in a very showy way using a lightbuld that lights while unconnected to any electrical source. Nice!

Taste the rainbow: A spectator picks the only red skittle from a pack of green skittles. One of Keiron's favourite effects.

Hot deck: A playing card is selected - you explain you have a prediction written on the card case - unfortunately it's the wrong one. The ink melts away under your control to reveal the correct card.

Diabetics nightmare: A walkabout version of the salt pour using sugar and a sharpie. It does not use a bulb or TT.

there is something for everyone here and the tricks are strong - to focus on them though (as I have) is perhaps to miss the point. Consider this "With the lolly palmed which frames the hand so it looks natural" there are details here which are mentioned in passing but reveal thinking on staging and effect - some nuggets there.

From my own experience Lolly 2.0, Flower Power and to the max are all solid workers - others like Iced tea I can't wait to put into my act.

It's a great little book and one which I suspect I will take more away from each time I read it.
Let the Entertainment Commence!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I got a signed copy of this from Keiron the Mighty at Blackpool & have read no effects yet but have read the introduction, forward & preface.

Am familiar with a lot of the effects & am really excited about owning this book as Keiron is a one off super hero.

There is simply no one like him & he is amazing.

Thanks Keiron for putting this into print you are a great creator, performer & a wonderful person.

Mike Donoghue
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
I managed to get a last minute pre-order in thanks to Mark at Saturn.

Unfortunately it seems that the Royal Mail tracking says it was sent to Australia instead of to the USA. Hopefully someone will realize that North Carolina is in a different country and continent and it will eventually show up here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Time Traveller by Kieron Johnson (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL