The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do you improve your drawing ability? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
Did it happen to you that you let the volunteer draw something, and he was drawing really well, so that even when you got the information, it was hard for you to draw anything even close to his original one? Does anyone here work on his drawing abilities?
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Your ability that you are demonstrating is mind reading, not your artistic talents. As long as your drawings are similar is proof enough that you picked up on their thoughts.
It's not a drawing contest.

Woodfield
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1275 Posts

Profile of Cervier
I guess I would if my show was about my displaying skills as a forger. I'm not and my show isn't Smile

As a mentalist, I show that I:
- either got the topic of the drawing, in which case all that matters is both drawings clearly represent the same object,
- or received some impressions about straight or curved lines, something here like this and there like that, and all that matters is both drawings obviously have the same general structure.
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You don't need to replicate the drawing either...

someone thinks of something
someone draws something
that something is in their mind - drawing/writing it down is usually just proof...

though the drawing is often a part of the routine, yet if we use words and so on, it needs to become an invisible part...

anyway - if its all about the mind, then you can invoke the other senses that would naturally help you reveal the drawing, you don't have to replicate it at all if you don't want to...

what does it feel like
what can you smell
how do you experience it
what are you compelled to do once you start sensing it in your mind
how do you receive the picture mentally? is it cloudy, do you see through their eyes...
all kinds of things...and all those reasons will have rules as to how you reveal it...

so you might feel the emotive state first of all
then they focus more
then you feel the texture but its still formless
then you get them to focus on it more
and so on..
I've asked to be banned
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Why not? Any skill you can enhance makes you better. I think everyone should develop better drawings skills. I have been painting and sewing since I was a child, I have a degree in fine art and I’m still always trying to develop my drawing skills. That said when I’m performing a drawing duplication the object is to duplicate the drawing in as few strokes and the least amount of time possible, so the skill used in the drawn image isn’t important so long as the conceit is conveyed.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
I had a volunteer that even when I told her to draw something simple, she drew a really complicated painting that I did not even know how to start drawing something similar. I take a p**k in real time. Then I told her to take a bigger board and stand back to back. But while I realized that I had no chance of painting something like that, I told her to concentrate on what she was painting, because I feel it's complicated. Then instead of painting it, I began to reveal details about the painting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do you improve your drawing ability? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL