The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Special adhesive info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Hi guys!

Would you please tell me which special adhesive would act as a double-stick tape? It must be invisible and not too sticky so the cards could separate easily. Thanks for the info!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Products have different names/brands in different places. Where are you?
And how do you plan to separate the cards after they're together?

Maybe the 3M post-it adhesive, a dot of blue-tac ...or a photo-mount dot.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Thanks Jonathan,

Yes, a 3M post-it adhesive would certainly work
kimwizard
View Profile
New user
Muscatine, Iowa USA
48 Posts

Profile of kimwizard
Scotch makes an adhiesive that is advertized as permanent but is NOT. It works like post-it adheiesive. I use it on cards that need to stick together and can still be taken appart with ease. It is not a tape. It rolls on. It comes in a plastic , almost teardrop shaped container, about two and a half inches long and about half an inch deep. The container is red and white plastic. The width varies due to the shape, It leaves no residue and can be used instantly. It can be used and reused many times before you need to apply a new "sticky" area. It is inexpensive. Walmart carries it. You should also be able to find it at stores that cary office and school supplies. Sorry I don't know the name. I love the stuff.
Kim
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
Aleene's tack it over and over

https://www.amazon.com/d/Liquid-Glues/Al......0178QQ84

Kaliix,

Does this dry clear? Thanks.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, kimwizard wrote:
Scotch makes an adhiesive that is advertized as permanent but is NOT.

This is Scotch permanent double sided roller tape. Great stuff for quickly assembling gaffs but does not truly meet the OP request for invisibility. The pattern of glue dots it leaves on a surface is easily detected by the eye.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
Aleene's tack it over and over

https://www.amazon.com/d/Liquid-Glues/Al......0178QQ84

Kaliix,

Does this dry clear? Thanks.

I bought mine at either Walmart or JoAnns and mine dries clear - even states dries clear on back label (I use it on color jokers ala NFW) Mine came in a different color bottle though. I doubt that makes a difference.

As for sprays, I just found in the last month or so at JoAnns a spray called "Aleene's REPOSITIONAL Tacky Spray" According to back label - Restick over and over, dries clear and leaves no residue. **I have not used any yet but I have no reason to doubt it is true based on other Aleenes products that I have used** https://www.joann.com/aleene-repositiona......389.html
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
3M spray mount is what I used back in the day. Not sure if it’s still branded as such, but it worked great.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Zig two-way glue. Apply and let it DRY before coming into contact with anything.
If you apply and then stick something to it when still wet it's a more permanent bond -- hence the "two way" in the name.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2019, inigmntoya wrote:
Zig two-way glue. Apply and let it DRY before coming into contact with anything.
If you apply and then stick something to it when still wet it's a more permanent bond -- hence the "two way" in the name.

Zig is great stuff for some effects. I’ve only seen it in a pen and it applies a thick layer that can only pass a quick look if it completely fills in a dark area of the card.
I use it for a routine by Richard Sanders to make practice copies of the packet.
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
I had great results with 3M Re Mount.
You can easily make a "mask" with a sheet of paper and spray the re-positionable adhesive in whatever shape of form you like. After a bit of experiments, you will find precisely the level of "stickyness" you can get.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Special adhesive info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL