The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which one Traveler or Quiver (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I wish I had the money to get a couple more, I can envision a Monte style effect using 3.
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2018, st3v13 wrote:
I definitely have a hard time fitting more than 4 coins without being noticeable. I believe the tutorial recommends thin objects.

I certainly think it's more suited to notes / billets.

I have tried it with coins yet as that's not what I'm looking at performing with it, but I am going to give a few different coins a whirl in it this week to see if the handling of it can disguise anything noticeable.
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
I wish I had the money to get a couple more, I can envision a Monte style effect using 3.

Wravyn,

That's exactly what I am getting the second one for. I was going for three but decided that having just the two and having the spectator hold one and I hold one would have a greater effect.

I've been playing around with routines as I've been handling the Quiver (sounds wrong) but like most of my routines they tend to come to me when I'm working on something else. Oh my disorganised creative mind.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Personally I feel that if you bring out one of these as a coin purse it is ignored and not scrutinized as a prop. IF you bring out two or three of these with tabs on them all looking identical you are screaming a gaffed case. You cannot hand these out for examination and while that is fine if you use ONE it is not if you use three. I love the creativity shown by my brothers on this thread, but I urge against this monte approach with this prop. Please don't hate me!

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coin’s across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2018, sOnrisemagic wrote:
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coin’s across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this?

=============
Quiver has now made a l;artge version. This one works to do the hide of a morgan shell or morgan sized coin perfectly. Ellusionist has the new ones. Select QUIVER and now you'll see a dropdown for size. Hope this helps you!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coin’s across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this? [/quote]
=============
Quiver has now made a l;artge version. This one works to do the hide of a morgan shell or morgan sized coin perfectly. Ellusionist has the new ones. Select QUIVER and now you'll see a dropdown for size. Hope this helps you! [/quote]

Thank you for that information I appreciate it. Do you know if they made the leather thicker?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Seems same to me on leather thickness but as the purse is taller/wider, toy don't see the coins in it and you sometimes could with the smaller one.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Cool, thanks again, much appreciated 👍🏼
mentalboy
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of mentalboy
I have both. One can do a lot more with the Quiver, including effects that don't involve coins at all. I use the Traveler just to carry coins around. Maybe I'm not getting enough out of it?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Note to those with smaller hands - the Quiver+ (bigger one) is harder to operate as the squeeze of the opening is larger. I love it as stated above in this thread and I feel safe hiding 2 stacked Morgans and showing both sides of this one where the original smaller quiver was risky. No talking with the big one either
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
A monte style effect can be routined with just one quiver prop. Use three cups or three pockets or three envelopes, etc. and have your spec guess where the coin or coins are. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jorge Betancourt
View Profile
New user
Monterrey, Mexico
62 Posts

Profile of Jorge Betancourt
Do you guys now if several small coins fit in the Quiver +? Around 15-20 coins, sizes would be like american pennies, quarters and nickels, let's say 15 in one side and three or four on the other. My idea is to take out the 15 coins from the purse, spectators choose a few coins and drop them on the Quiver, then I switch them, the other coins would be on the table during the switch.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Jorge Betancourt wrote:
Do you guys now if several small coins fit in the Quiver +? Around 15-20 coins, sizes would be like american pennies, quarters and nickels, let's say 15 in one side and three or four on the other. My idea is to take out the 15 coins from the purse, spectators choose a few coins and drop them on the Quiver, then I switch them, the other coins would be on the table during the switch.

That would work with the regular Quiver but would be better with the newer, larger Quiver+.

Good idea!
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Jorge Betancourt wrote:

That setup should work. You would be able to "hide" 15 to 20 coins on one side, but it sounds like with the plan you have that wouldn't matter as you'd pour out the full 15 and are really just doing a switch of 3 or 4. That would work as long as the spec doesn't have an opportunity to hold the Quiver or they might notice something...
AceTheInfinite
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of AceTheInfinite
I enjoy my Quiver.. I have two if anyone needs an extra.. pm me.
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
I have tried both Quiver and The Traveler- I only got the Traveler out of curiosity when my Quiver got pickpocketed (alongside 5 of my silver Walking Liberties).

I personally would say that the Quiver is better at coin switches and coin vanishes while The Traveler allows you to steal and stash coins better and do final loads. Quiver requires very little sleight of hand to accomplish anything with, while The Traveler requires you to to a metric ton of sleights to accomplish even the simplest effect. Thankfully, The Traveler also includes 3 hours of instructional video- nothing you wouldn't find in Bobo's, but it has good applications.

This said, I loved my Quiver for the 3 months while I had it, but I've had The Traveler for a while hence and have found it much more rewarding IMHO.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Are different and both have their place. They are both exquisite.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I have just bought the standard Quiver ...
I am even fooling myself with this as I go through the method.
The performer can have the spectator(s) open the coin purse and they will find nor suspect anything.

A true worker, and built to last.
The spectator is never going to find the secret to this one.

My best buy of 2019!
Highly recommended.
Hand your Hopping Half coins out for inspection!

Comes with great 30 minute online tutorial and routines.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I’d say for switches quiver (though I’ve only played with a knockoff), but my vote hands down is the real man’s coin wallet from tony Miller.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which one Traveler or Quiver (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL