The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destiny Deck - Card Shark (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..20~21~22 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Just got back from the Magi-Fest and the highlight of the dealer room was without question the new Destiny Deck by Card Shark. I tried to find a link on their site but don't see it yet. I know it's been on Facebook so I'm sure someone will find it and post a link.

In any event, this effect gets my highest recommendation. There are multiple effects you can do with it, all of which are incredibly deceptive. However, the main Destiny effect was the selling point for me and it's a complete mindblower. In brief: you tell the spectator what their destiny card is, say the queen of hearts. You spread the deck face down and have them touch any card. You break the deck at that point and push their card forward (no switch). You then spread the deck face up to show the deck in sequential order. The card they touched is shown to be between the king and jack of hearts. You turn their card over and it is in fact the queen of hearts. You now turn the deck face down and re-spread but you leave the gap where it was before so they can still see their queen of hearts (face down). You now have them touch another card anywhere in the spread. You break the deck at that point and remove the touched card. You go back to the original spot where the queen of hearts was and show not only that the queen is now gone but that the cards surrounding it aren't even hearts anymore. You spread face up to show that the deck has somehow cut itself and that the hearts have moved to the new section where the spectator touched. Everything is still in sequential order and you show the new card touched is the queen of hearts. You can now move to a third phase which is an incredibly fair, incredibly visual card at any number.

Sorry for the boring attempt to describe the effect. I didn't do it justice so try to find the demo link. The effect is amazing from start to finish but it's the second phase that will really blow you and your audience away. There is no way the deck could have cut itself but it does just that. Jaws will drop as mine did. Simple to do. No sleight of hand involved. The deck is gaffed so you can't use it for other effects, you do need a table, and if you want to repeat it with a different card, you will need to buy another Destiny Deck (which I should have done and will be doing), but those are the only "negatives." The positives far outweigh the negatives here. Price is around $80 but absolutely worth it.

Card Shark has released a ton of genius effects, Cupid and Sympathetic 10 being my two favs with Get Sharky close behind, but I honestly think this is their masterpiece.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I think I saw a Performance of this on Chris Ramsay's channel.

https://youtu.be/66OpdgDgjBQ

Starts at 5:12
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
This is the card shark website for the effect

http://www.card-shark.de/thedestinydeck/
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Very Nice!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Nice effect but not a huge fan of the way these DD’s have been gimmicked.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I was thinking SF

I hope I am wrong

As with Dip - I can never get cards to work 100% of the time

Anyone have a Card Shark ID - does it work always [reliably?]

I think specs might feel the cards are 'wrong'

But it is a lovely effect - so I will watch for updates/reviews
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You are not wrong.
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
I thought they already made this deck because I bought it a couple years ago. Well, it's not made with SF, which is probably (hopefully) the difference. I would not be handing this to a spectator though.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
It looks fantastic and the routines are all great.

There were earlier demos that showed the spectators handling and shuffling the deck, so I’m not sure how that would be possible with the speculation above. That would also make the actual deck identical to Card-Shark’s Photographic Memory deck, which appears to have been discontinued?

I definitely plan on picking this up as I love the routines, but curious to hear if the deck has evolved since the previous release.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm a huge SF fan. This does not use SF. I don't want to say too much but the video instructions are very good and tell you how to care for, perform with and even repair (for lack of a better term) your deck should you ever need to. As for longevity, it's too early to tell. I've only performed in 5 times thus far. Fun to perform. Absolutely killed every time. As for the spectator handling the deck, I've not tried it. Don't see why you would ever need/want to. Again, I don't want to say too much, but the cards used are so deceptive, you will fool yourself.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks, Eric. Very much looking forward to this.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Any idea when this will be on sale ?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
They were selling like hotcakes at the Fest. I'm assuming they had a bunch made up for the Session, the Fest and then Blackpool and will release sometime in the coming weeks but I didn't not ask Christian. What's nice is that they have the deck in both regular phoenix cards and the new large index phoenix cards. If you haven't tried the large index cards, try them. I switched and now use them exclusively. (they look nothing like the old Bike jumbo index cards thankfully).
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Yeah, SF is amazing. I will buy this when it's available. Hopefully soon. Smile Thanks for the info.

In one of the trailers, it shows the spectators dealing the cards. Not sure I would go that far...
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Also, what's the difference between this and Photographic Memory? I have Photographic Memory already...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Not sure. I don't have Photographic Memory. As for the spec dealing the cards, I don't see why that would be an issue. They can't examine the cards but simple dealing should fly. I guess the closest analogy would be the Get Sharky deck. Although completely different in method, the feel of this deck is the same as that deck. So if you are comfortable handing that deck out, this deck has the same feel.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
What is SF?
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Thanks, Eric!

After looking around, I can't find my Photographic Memory deck. I think it must have been in my bag when it was stolen last year. Oh well. I'll buy this when it becomes available anyways.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
SF is Science Friction - also a Card Shark product

Ed
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Too bad it isn't also made with something other than Phoenix backs.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destiny Deck - Card Shark (79 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL