The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I did. not understand well.
is the effect the same he teaches in his live?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, IAIN wrote:
I hope this isn't the same base method as any kind of pseudo-psychometry routine but just ported over to tins...i'd be so annoyed...

I have to agree with you there, Iain. Intrigued by this, but it's a lot of beer tokens for 8 tins, and you could well be correct in your thinking. If it's the same as a $7.95 ATT I'll be annoyed too.......
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just watched the trailer for the ATT lecture. Menny shows Greg Wilson the exact same effect with 4 tins. It's $7.95 and is a 2 hour lecture. Makes the 'special' tins very expensive and superfluous imo.....
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I only have his ATT lecture. It certainly appears that the main effect using the altoid tins, which you can easily "gimmick" yourself, is the same effect and method used in Occultatum. It also appears that he has expanded this idea to be used with other items without the use of tins such as with bottle caps and your own business cards.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I switch to the lecture Smile
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
A question to those of you who have Menny's At the Table Lecture. Is it really a psychological method and is it really 100%?
You don't have to give too much away method wise. Just a simple yes/no will do. I am just having trouble wrapping my head around this. Whenever I have seen a psychological method being employed in the past, it has never been 100%.
Thanks in advance.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
A question to those of you who have Menny's At the Table Lecture. Is it really a psychological method and is it really 100%?
You don't have to give too much away method wise. Just a simple yes/no will do. I am just having trouble wrapping my head around this. Whenever I have seen a psychological method being employed in the past, it has never been 100%.
Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with psychology, except for the first phase or part which is more language based than psychology based. Just being cryptic here. At least with the presentation of the effect in the ATT lecture, you are always correct.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I have his ATT, which is really excellent. $8 is too low for what you get (so many good metal bending techniques, especially a wonderful one I didn't know about, yet I've seen many, many things on the subject).

It seems very plausible that this new release is identical to the trick taught at the end of the ATT, but who knows, maybe there is an alternative method, with some subtleties maybe, that he teaches here. I hope so at least, otherwise I don't see why he would release this effect.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I would have to wonder if the 49$ deal has more method ideas for repeat performances.
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
In “ At The Table Live Lecture Menny Lindenfeld January 4th 2017 video “ he is teaching the “The Kreskin Altoid Effect” which looks obviously like the main effect of Occultatum. However the new occultatum appears to have much more explanations, versions, options and handlings. I can imagine the ATT and Occultatum to be similar but also complementary. Anyway this artist appears to be very proactive and full of great creation. Probably somebody we should follow up closely.....

https://www.globalmagicshop.com.au/produ......ownload/
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm a big fan of Menny's work but this release doesn't do it for me. The only situation that I might envision myself performing this at is in a small parlor show. There's too many boxes to carry around and then there's a question of whether this is strong enough to trump something else in my show. If the boxes could somehow nest together then it might be more practical for real-world use. Perhaps somebody will prove me wrong and if so, I'll be glad to give it a second look.
Menny Lindenfeld
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Menny Lindenfeld
Hi guys.
I am really excited to finally release Occultatum. It's a project I have been working on for a long time, and I am happy it's finally out. Most of the material in this tutorial fooled so many people. Some of the greatest Mentalists have had NO CLUE how I did what you are going to learn in Occultatum. That is the reason I had kept it close for so long Smile

I have seen some here who are concerned that Occultatum is the same as what I'm teaching at ATT. Yes, in Occultatum I am teaching the version which is similar to the ATT. But this is only a VERY SMALL part of this project. Think of the ATT as a very short preview of what you get with Occultatum.

Occultatum comes with a two hour long tutorial. Where I'm teaching the following:

1) My original system using 2 UNMARKED boxes. (I first showed this to Max Maven back in 2006 and I fooled him with it). In ATT I am briefly talking about this, without going into details and I am NOT teaching this on ATT.
In Occultatum I am teaching a more advanced and upgraded version of the 2 boxes system with in-depth detail, psychology & tips.
This newer system is not only improved, but is much easier to execute than before, and is 100% bulletproof. The system of the 2 boxes is different than other methods on this tutorial and is very strong by itself.

2) I am also teaching the system I was explaining on ATT - but with much more in-depth detail, tips and ideas.

3) My advanced method with any number of boxes - which takes the system to a whole new level. (This is the most exciting part and is my personal favorite).

4) My full multiphase routine using boxes. Here I explain 2 options how to combine the systems into a multiphase routine. Also included here is a live performance of Occultatum.

5) My Occultatum routine using your own business cards (here someone signs the back of a card). This is a very strong routine by itself. And is a great way to hand out your cards.

6) The Occultatum routine I perform on stage using a real basketball (and there is a version with wine bottles too).

7) How to perform Occultatum impromptu with beer caps you find laying in the pub - no preparation needed.

8) How to perform Occultatum impromptu with beer caps versions 2 - in this version your eyes can be completely shut the entire time.

9) Occultatum impromptu version and method with borrowed disposable coffee cups.

10) Occultatum variation and method for performing with singed bills.

11) Occultatum variation and method for performing with singed coins.

12) Occultatum variation with beer coasters.

13) Occultatum method for performing with singed sugar packs.

14) Additionally you also get a bonus tutorial - where I teach something I call "The CHEAT Method". A method I was using a lot before I came up with the idea of the advanced system of Occultatum.

15) I have also provided the custom boxes (8 units) so you can perform right away. The provided boxes BTW are custom made for me and they are specially designed to make it even easier for you when performing with them. It's much easier to perform with the provided boxes than with regular mint boxes you buy out there.

100% of everything on this tutorial is tested material that I have been performing myself over the years in front of real audience. It is packed with a lot of material and in-debt info and ideas. I am sure you'll find it useful.

If you have any questions please drop me a line. I know you are going to love it. it’s so powerful.

Best
Menny Lindenfeld
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Menny:

I have already ordered your package, but this fine reflection reinforced my "buy" decision. Thanks for your creative work for the art.

George
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Menny, thank you for the clear explanations , congratulation for this project and welcome to the magic Café.
Menny Lindenfeld
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Menny Lindenfeld
Dr SH, Thank you for the warm welcome.
And thank you all for the great support & feedback.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
A Question for those who have seen the At the table lecture - what are your thoughts on the Kreskin Altoids routine as it looks really clean and Im on the fence with regards to purchasing Occultatum from Saturn Magic.

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Many thanks
Dr Rob.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Since my last post here, I have purchased Menny's At the Table Lecture mainly to watch the Kreskin Altoids effect. I know that Menny puts out quality products but I wanted to see if the routine suits my style of performance and character. I must say that I really liked the routine in his ATT lecture and this has definitely shed some light on what to expect from Occultatum. I can understand how Occultatum has its roots in the Kreskin Altoids routine and I can see that you definitely get much more in the Occultatum release than what is shared in the lecture. As Menny stated before, these 2 go hand in hand together and you get more routines as well as a more in-depth look in Occultatum.
As far as the psychological principle is concerned, without giving too much away, I can say that it's not a kind of "tell" that you have to spot on the spectator or a kind of force that makes them place it in a specific box. I am sharing this here because I think it is a big PLUS that it isn't this. That's what got me worried in the first place because I couldn't see how this would be 100% accurate if this was true. It is a different kind of psychological ploy that I have used many times in my work as well (for different routines obviously) so I am very comfortable with using it and I am extremely happy with the method.
I also liked the way the routine in the ATT lecture was constructed so that the methods cancel each other out. I am extremely happy with routines that do that. The methods cancel each other out so perfectly that I believe one of the methods is hidden in the add copy of Occultatum. Obviously, I cannot know this for sure as I don't have it yet, but after watching the explanation for Kreskin Altoids I went back and read the ad copy again and I thought to myself "Oh, that's very clever".
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Any reviews for the improptu beer caps routine? is totally improptu? just beer caps and a borrowed coin?
no prep for caps?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I too am interested in the impromptu beer caps and beer mats routine. Looks incredible. I’ve performed the beer bottles routine for years but that employed a stooge across the bar. Lol. This looks too good to be true. I hope it isn’t. Welcome Lenny.

Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2018, markhitton wrote:
Any reviews for the improptu beer caps routine? is totally improptu? just beer caps and a borrowed coin?
no prep for caps?

It is not on sale until 05th Feb so impossible to review as no one has it yet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL