The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » A Couple Of Questions on The 3 Shell Game (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I 2nd the positive recommendation for the Ambitious Card's 3 shell case. The case securely holds the shells so they do not rub or bump on each other. Great job, Frank!
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I just bought a shell case from Frank at The Ambitious Card and it's very nice, high quality and something I would definitely recommend. Also, as I stated in another post, I recently bought some shells from Al at 3shells.com and they're just amazing. It's nice to buy professional props and items you're proud to use and display.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I think Michael Stehle's shells are among the finest on the market. They look great and handle well. I especially like his Alexandria Shells.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thanks for the kudos.
We just finished prototypes of the deluxe shell case.
It has another larger zipper pouch above the shell case for things
like a shot Glass, pea can, poker chips, chip stack, etc.

If interested let me know and I can track down some pix.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
I'd like to see pix of that deluxe shell case if possible Frank.

Pop, how does Michael Stehle's silver shells compare to the SFS Colorado silver shells (of which I own a set)?
I've honestly never contemplated purchasing any shells after I got the SFS Colorado shells, but Stehle's shells look very nice.
Are the Stehle silver shells Sterling?
Where does one purchase the Stehle shells?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Michael Stehle's silver Silverado shells are taller and bigger, and very nice. I still use the S4S Colorado shells. You can get in touch with Michael at the Gentlemen Shell Game Group on Facebook.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Thanks for the info Pop.
My S4S Colorado Silver shells just had a "COVID stay at home" dip in the silver polish, followed by a soapy scrub in the sink ... they look brand new (despite being many years old), and still ring like a church bell!

Interesting, since the lockdown I've permanently set up my practice mat with the SFS silver chain, my Colorado shells, my 3 disc monte, and my original SFS/Chris Reesman Chink-a-Chinks ... and I've never practiced so much as "lockdown practice" Smile
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Is that Gentlemen Shell Game group still active on FB? I searched for it and couldn’t find it.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Yes it is, The Gentleman 3 Shellgame Group is how it's titled.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Awesome. found it thx
CDKconjurations
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
36 Posts

Profile of CDKconjurations
Michael Stehle's shells are the absolute cream of the crop. His resin shells are the most realistic looking, and easiest to handle, shells on the market. His cast bronze shells ring like bells and have a beautiful patina. And lastly, his silver shells are a true thing of beauty (if you appreciate the richness offered by a silver shell) - and he uses .935 silver, which is actually a higher quality of silver than sterling (it contains less copper). All of Michael's shells are real works of exquisite, functional art, and I cannot recommend his products (peas are wonderful too) highly enough. Plus, he's just a great guy with which to communicate and deal!
CDKconjurations
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
36 Posts

Profile of CDKconjurations
Michael Stehle's shells are the absolute cream of the crop. His resin shells are the most realistic looking, and easiest to handle, shells on the market. His cast bronze shells ring like bells and have a beautiful patina. And lastly, his silver shells are a true thing of beauty (if you appreciate the richness offered by a silver shell) - and he uses .935 silver, which is actually a higher quality of silver than sterling (it contains less copper). All of Michael's shells are real works of exquisite, functional art, and I cannot recommend his products (peas are wonderful too) highly enough. Plus, he's just a great guy with which to communicate and deal!
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
His new breathtaker shells are very large and will play very well in parlor or street shows.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I used to hear that taking real shells, and putting wood putty inside to smooth them out worked well after a little sandpapering. I think I would try that first. Still leaves the "pea" though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » A Couple Of Questions on The 3 Shell Game (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL