The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Shuffle System by Mark Calabrese (46 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Hi Mark,

This looks awesome, just a quick question does it have to be used with Bicycles, as I normally use Phoenix brand cards?

Either way I have a ton of ideas and applications that this will be ideal for, I have lots of tricks that only require a quarter memorized stack and to be able to let the spectator shuffle this freely, and still have control of my memorized stack is amazing!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Any cards can be used.

Edit to clarify - You can make the gimmick for any deck, and it is a pretty simple thing to do.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
This Super shuffle looks terrific. would like to read more about it from people who have it and have worked with it.
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Thanks for your answer Mark. I will wait for some reviews (mainly due to not being able to pay yet, rent was yesterday).
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, tomd wrote:
Thanks for your answer Mark. I will wait for some reviews (mainly due to not being able to pay yet, rent was yesterday).

Gotta get your priorities right. Rent, magic, food.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
In the live video demo I did notice that the spectator's "stack" was maintained throughout the sloppy wash procedure Smile
That is a good thing !
Long Island,

New York
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
Is this similar to Michael Webber's work on maintaining a stack?
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Sir Pharaul wrote:
Is this similar to Michael Webber's work on maintaining a stack?

No, the methods are quite different. Similar I suppose in the sense that he maintains a stack during the shuffle. Different in the sense that we have different ways of protecting the stack. I may be biased, but I believe mine is more versatile, easier to reset, and better hidden.

Mark Calabrese
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
This looks great. Knowing Mark and how he pays the bills by performing, this is going to be good. Not to mention I know Mark has been busy working on this for the last several years. When I perform, most people cannot shuffle so I resort to this washing style. After doing a shuffle like this, then producing 13 cards in a suit, that would KILLLL. Even just having a set of 4 or 5 cards (poker or aces) this will still kill.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Mark, thanks for posting the multiple demo videos...this looks absolutely amazing.

Has the appearance of real magic Smile
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, 252life wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, jf4viva wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, pegasus wrote:
What really, really annoys me is when certain magic creators only pop their heads in here when they’re selling something. Smile Smile Smile

I’m trying to figure out what the complaint is here. You Can’t complain about the video or the product so you complain About my frequency of usage of the Magic Café?
You just reminded me why I never go on here unless I’m promoting something.

Mark Calabrese

Amen brother

Hey Mark..... as far as I am concerned....
I had no complaints about the product....as a matter of fact I think it is a great idea for those who want to perform Lenart Green style slop shuffles without putting the same time to practice.
More importantly, I would like to thank you for the private video showing a full, uncut performance.

I still feel that ALL magic demos need to have an uncut performance. Audience reactions are more distracting than useful and the special effects are not required. A quality routine or technique will stand on it's own merits.
I appreciate your responsiveness
Long Island,

New York
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hope this is not just an e——-c l—p around a small packet of cards
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Just got it and watched part of the long download with explanation.
The tool looks great and can be used for different situation. Regarding the trick itself I actually don’t know if is anything new.on the market. Reminds me a lot fan white x jimmy falon card trick.
Overall a great tool for greats trick ... not that original but still solid.
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, Fero wrote:
The tool looks great and can be used for different situation. Regarding the trick itself I actually don’t know if is anything new.on the market. Reminds me a lot fan white x jimmy falon card trick.

Which part isn’t original? The method or the trick? Because the trick itself was never claimed to be. It is the gimmick that is being highlighted as new and original. In the demo I say you can use it to make your preexisting effects stronger. And Dan White’s trick on Fallon is called “shufflebored” by Simon Aronson.
Seems like you don’t know enough to say if something is new or old or original or not.

The gimmick is original. The trick is derivative but what’s possible is only possible with my gimmick

Mark Calabrese
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Not that Mark needs my help, but to back up his point - the way I intend to use this has nothing to do with what was in the demo at all, but I am not sure it could be achieved as cleanly with any other method I know of.

Maybe in the future I'll find a solution that works better for me, but for now this is exactly what I want and need, and it does exactly what it says it does.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Not that Mark needs my help, but to back up his point - the way I intend to use this has nothing to do with what was in the demo at all, but I am not sure it could be achieved as cleanly with any other method I know of.

Maybe in the future I'll find a solution that works better for me, but for now this is exactly what I want and need, and it does exactly what it says it does.

I would love to hear what you intend on using it for. Pm me if you’re willing to share

Mark Calabrese
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'll shoot you a message on FB.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, jf4viva wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, Fero wrote:

Which part isn’t original? The method or the trick? Because the trick itself was never claimed to be. It is the gimmick that is being highlighted as new and original. In the demo I say you can use it to make your preexisting effects stronger. And Dan White’s trick on Fallon is called “shufflebored” by Simon Aronson.
Seems like you don’t know enough to say if something is new or old or original or not.

The gimmick is original. The trick is derivative but what’s possible is only possible with my gimmick

Mark Calabrese

Hej Mark
Probably I expressed myself wrong but English is not my mother tongue.... the tool is original, looks well made, invisible and fantastic for those kind of tricks. The trick itself reminds me Dan White trick and of course I didn’t mean it’s the same but has some similarities. And I repeat myself again saying the gimmick is original and ingenious and can help out doing those kind of tricks without any sleigh of hands.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but how long will the gimmick hold up and is it a)replaceable or b)construct-able?
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, tmoca wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but how long will the gimmick hold up and is it a)replaceable or b)construct-able?

The gimmick will hold up for an indefinite amount of time. For example the gimmick I currently use has been the same one for the past year and a half.

If you need a new one I believe penguin will have replacements.

Mark Calabrese
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Shuffle System by Mark Calabrese (46 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL