The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this esp routine a marketed effect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
The esp routine at the beginning of this video clip, is it a marketed effect by Jermay or does it appear in one of his video releases?

https://youtu.be/M6feZ7wNpmM

Thanks.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Yes, it's one of my favorite routines of his. It's on one of the recent DVD sets he released. I believe Jermay's Mind.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Watched it. At the end, it gives a 2010 copyright; The Jermay's Mind DVD set came out a bit more recently than that, but the performance is consistent with the ESP Card material in the first of the diet's four DVDs.

Incidentally, Jermay garbled some of the early explanation about Rhine's experiments. That story is worth getting right if you are going to tell it.

George
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Watched it. At the end, it gives a 2010 copyright; The Jermay's Mind DVD set came out a bit more recently than that, but the performance is consistent with the ESP Card material in the first of the diet's four DVDs.

Incidentally, Jermay garbled some of the early explanation about Rhine's experiments. That story is worth getting right if you are going to tell it.

George

The “Diets 4 DVD’s”? That confused me a little. So this is or is not in Jermays mind? If not, what the proper name of the dvd set you’re referring to? Sorry for my confusion.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
It’s called Zenner on Jermay’s Mind.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I watched the first couple of minutes and then added it to my Watch Later list. Yes George, Jermay got a lot wrong in just a few seconds. First they are Zener cards, not Zenner cards. They were developed not by Rhine but by his associate, Karl ZENER (hence the name) and in the 1930s, not the 1920s.

Of course these inaccuracies don't detract much, if at all, from the entertainment value of his performance.

But I think it's fun to mix fact with the fiction of our performances.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Incidentally, Jermay garbled some of the early explanation about Rhine's experiments. That story is worth getting right if you are going to tell it. George

Care to give us the right story?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
People misspell Karl's name because they mispronounce it. It's ZEE-ner, not ZEN-er.

Jermay's presentation is great, but I don't think much of the plot, because the method is far too obvious to any clear-thinking person.

ZeneRhyme:

The insight for Joseph Banks Rhine's
Choice of perfect E.S.P. designs
Came from the demeanour
Of Karl Edward Zener:
Square, circle, star, cross, wavy lines.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
". . . about half of the time, people were right, and half the time, they weren't."

Actually, with five symbols, people would be wrong by chance about 80% of the time, and only right 20%. Of course, in running through a deck, the odds will vary a bit, since there's a limited bank of 25 cards (5 of each symbol).

If I had a person who got the cards right 50% of the time, that actually would be strong evidence of something going on not explainable by chance.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this esp routine a marketed effect? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL