The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Has anyone heard about this? Did Greg change something, or is it just new videos?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I am wondering about that too.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1583 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Same here
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8033 Posts

Profile of pegasus
New demo with old clips. Assuming the ‘in the hand solve’ after spec has mixed it up being the improvement.

https://youtu.be/XZUT15U9cFQ
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2704 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Is there a price yet ?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4507 Posts

Profile of videoman
That is the same demo video used for the original Rubicon and the final one-handed solve has always been part of the routine. So nothing new there.
The price seems to be the same - $350.00.

Typically, with any new 2.0 version the new improvements are highlighted prominently but I never see anything new mentioned in conjunction with Rubicon 2.0.
Sometimes there is also a discounted price offered to previous purchasers as well but I haven't seen anything related to that.
Basically the same ad copy and price, with just the name changed to 2.0.

For those that don't know, Gregory Wilson recently had a heart attack but fortunately he has recovered quickly and I believe is heading out now for another lecture tour so he may not be able to respond quickly. I was hoping (admittedly selfishly) that during his forced down time during recuperation he may have a chance to come on here and clear the air about 2.0 but I can't begrudge him for not doing that. So as of now, it remains a mystery to the community at large what exactly is new, if anything, about 2.0.

The original is great though IMO and I really don't know what could be improved with it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1057 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I found it! I found it! We now know what the improvements are!

"Re-engineered cubes for maximum deception and easy handling!"

Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
I was at his lecture 2 nights ago and 2.0 was never mentioned.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1057 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
That's strange, it says "ready to ship" on his site.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8033 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The package has changed. It now states 2.0
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
132 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
This thread is a bit dated, but there was never a definitive answer. Without getting too much into the method, the improvement is in the construction and handling of the gimmick. I never handled 1.0, so I can't speak much to its construction, but I CAN say that 2.0 is solid and easy to use. The "updates" don't change the routine at all... it's all "behind the scenes". Smile
Tada!...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon 2.0 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL