The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Chinese Coins Matrix: New Generation (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I really wonder: why would you buy this, it only seems to make sense when you regularly do shows on a stage where what you do is projected on a screen? (Not trying to put the effect down, honestly curious)

It could possibly work for someone who does parlor magic, IF they have control over the lighting...I thought this would be the case for myself, did not work out, so will be selling...but generally, with possible exceptions, stage with camera is indeed the ideal way to present.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thank you for answering my question. So it really seems a very limited amount of gigs you can use this for. I can see why you are selling. How did you find using it? It would seem more like praticing a choreography with your hands than practicing sleights. Did you enjoy practicing with it or does the novelty wear off quickly?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Enjoyed practicing, easy to use, yes it’s like practicing choreography with hands
Very well made prop and customizable
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thanks, very interesting to hear.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Madhatter has it for $400.00. May I assume that it is not the "authorized one" since it says "The Chinese Coin Matrix (CCM) is similar —but not the same—as the one done on TV."
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......s_id=259
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
AFAIK, it’s the only one available until Sansminds releases their “authorized” one
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Any news on the sansminds one?
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
Check out my highlight video on youtube, I've performed this Live and the audience love it! and so am i. although I must admit you can only perform this in a certain occasion. but this can make you look more professional and more magical.

best! Smile

Akmal MagicationStudio
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
Akmal love the video men! just bought it after watching it...
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2018, danieltirado wrote:

And have you ever been in a situation where you can actually use it???? Curious. I cannot see this as even parlor. It's TV only . . . . Somebody tell me how to do this for real people in a real situation? I just tried people 10 feet back and only candle light with two candles. Cannot be done . . . . Considering using a transparent shroud over it as Henry Evans does with one of his great illusions. That would allow more real world use. The Shroud Matrix . . . . . Needed because the power comes from the witches shroud . . . . I'm dying up here . . . Try the veal . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2018, danieltirado wrote:

And have you ever been in a situation where you can actually use it???? Curious. I cannot see this as even parlor. It's TV only . . . . Somebody tell me how to do this for real people in a real situation? I just tried people 10 feet back and only candle light with two candles. Cannot be done . . . . Considering using a transparent shroud over it as Henry Evans does with one of his great illusions. That would allow more real world use. The Shroud Matrix . . . . . Needed because the power comes from the witches shroud . . . . I'm dying up here . . . Try the veal . . .

OMG, this post was excellent
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, Akmal Magication wrote:
Check out my highlight video on youtube, I've performed this Live and the audience love it! and so am i. although I must admit you can only perform this in a certain occasion. but this can make you look more professional and more magical.

best! Smile

Akmal MagicationStudio

Would have been better if not so heavily edited
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, Akmal Magication wrote:

best! Smile

Akmal MagicationStudio

what s the URL for your video? I'd like to see it.

Would have been better if not so heavily edited
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Looks like the original is now available it looks visual but completely impractical for most situations.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Video screen only, IMHO.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

It's getting roasted on Latest & Greatest.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Shin Lim killed it in his variation of using the rose act. In the right setting it slays. While I agree on the stance of the issues with knockoffs and deceiving consumers into buying a knockoff product (I.E. Magic maker’s) I think sansmind also needs to correct some “infringement “ on their end. Specifically their coin wallet. It’s a direct rip of tony miller’s one coin wallet. I know for a fact he emailed them stating he would like to be at least given credit (considering his mobius coin wallet has been out YEARS before their “new” coin pouch), he wasn’t given any type of “professional “ response. Pretty much was told “too bad”. With that being said, a mirror is a powerful tool ha. THOUGH, I CAN ALSO SAY, they have been doing their best to change their brand image. Their customer service could use work, but their products have been more transparent. I have 2 vapr units, absolute zero, fake and a light it up (which I love dearly and rely on them all). I think sometimes we (magicians) get wrapped up in the method we just paid for rather than the reason we just spent the money in the first place. Sansmind has me as a customer and some things they release I definitely hold off out of fear it doesn’t live up to the hype. Though, I can say I have been very satisfied with their products of late. I appreciate them calling out the knockoff companies and the retailer’s who carry their products. I just hope they can grow with the open mind they want others to have. Please don’t let this hold you guys back for I know your company has come a long way and have been much better in showing standards for your products.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Jxb1989 You are wise beyond your 28 posts. Glad to have you on the board. You're right on with your comments and you are clearly a seasoned Magi! Thanks for your comments!
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2020, StarManager wrote:
Jxb1989 You are wise beyond your 28 posts. Glad to have you on the board. You're right on with your comments and you are clearly a seasoned Magi! Thanks for your comments!

Thank you for the kind words. I’ve been in the art (and the drama that stems from it) for over 20 years. I used to be a member on here over 10 years ago but decided to no longer participate because of all the negativity and hatred being expressed (especially when digital dissolve was released and other people putting other’s down without a mod stepping in and saying something). It drove me away. Thankfully though it allowed me to focus on my magic and creativity without unwanted criticism and drama ha. A friend suggested I give it another shot since I’m older (non the wiser though ha) and have a bit more tolerance for things outside of my control. I wish to share and continue to grow not only within this community; but this art and business. I think magic has allowed me to find myself and my place within this community; even if it is to share a dose of reality from a place of love and not malice ha.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Chinese Coins Matrix: New Generation (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL