The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Seventeen more.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Congress needs to quickly send out both prayers and good thoughts to help prevent the next one.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, greerj wrote:

Congress needs to quickly send out both prayers and good thoughts to help prevent the next one.

Indeed, prayers and good thoughts should fix the problem.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/florida......ved-guns

A student at the affected school said he remembered Cruz as a "troubled kid" who enjoyed showing off his firearms. "He always had guns on him," the student told WFOR-TV.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Something I've always been interested in about politicians, and professional spies who go over to the other side--they sell out for so little money. It's kind of embarrassing. I mean everyone has his or her price, but so low? A couple of thousand is pretty much chump change.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
All life is important, but I wonder if one of these 17 people could have been a potentially great entertainer or scientist. What has the world potentially lost because of these needless deaths? Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:
Seventeen more.

A fact of humanity we just have to live with. How are you gonna fight this? GUN control! LOL! It's "HUMAN" control that we need. "Freedom" prevents that. This "freedom" we enjoy, allows a certain percentage of..."these people". Seventeen. And a hero coach. I dunno friends. You could put me in a room with guns, rocket launchers, anti-aircraft and ground-to-air missiles...I'd go to my grave having never touched them. Other people...I have a friend in Florida that has a collection. Scary stuff, some most definitely illegal. He could go nuts. He won't, but he COULD.

This perp BRAGGED about guns, gave OBVIOUS signs he was unstable. It happened anyway. And on it goes...

Doug
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree Doug. So many kids are growing up in the abyss without any oversight, without any teaching, without any love, without so much. These people are products of their human creators. And unfortunately, it's so sad that these selfish people are having children. Where were the parents of this 19 year old with all these guns? I think the parents should be charged as well! There is a lot of good in this world but there is a lot of evil as well! And if there is no one to teach and point these kids in the right direction, evil will get a hold of them. Guns cannot speak, teach, and encourage people to be evil and commit evil acts. People do that.

Where was the oversight and security for this school? Why did they let this 19 year old in the school when he was not a student there? Proper oversight and protocol could have helped prevent this.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Not to mention social media and entertainment (video games) kids grow up playing. I feel these play a huge role in the conditioning of young minds for the worst. That's where parents need to be very diligent and involved heavily in their kids lives. Though, I just found out that this 19 year olds mom died when he was born and his dad died in November. But it still doesn't excuse how he obtained these guns and the poor oversight of the school by letting this kid into the school.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, RNK wrote:

Though, I just found out that this 19 year olds mom died when he was born and his dad died in November.

It doesn't change anything, but that is different from what I've read / heard (in the Sun Sentinel and elsewhere). There it says he was adopted at birth. His adoptive mother (not father) died November (of last year). Her husband died several years before that. I suppose it may well be true that his biological mother died giving birth, I dunno.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browar......ory.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
A place we could start is by getting people to acknowledge what it means to be a parent. There is a bit more to it than intercourse, pregnancy, birth, and send them to school.

I can guarantee you my 18 year old daughter knows the difference between right and wrong.
I cannot guarantee you she will never make a mistake or do anything wrong.
I can Guarantee you that if she started showing signs of being unstable... Started talking about killing... Went looking for weapons... I would know. I would take action and get her help... Why? Because I am a parent.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Maybe not by myself, but staying silent makes me part of the problem.

Besides, I won't stay alone.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
A place we could start is by getting people to acknowledge what it means to be a parent. There is a bit more to it than intercourse, pregnancy, birth, and send them to school.

I can guarantee you my 18 year old daughter knows the difference between right and wrong.
I can Guarantee you that if she started showing signs of being unstable... Started talking about killing... Went looking for weapons... I would know. I would take action and get her help... Why? Because I am a parent.

AMEN! If you are involved and active in your child's daily life, you will have a much greater chance in identifying if there is a serious problem developing with his/her mental state.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Though, I just found out that this 19 year olds mom died when he was born and his dad died in November.

It doesn't change anything, but that is different from what I've read / heard (in the Sun Sentinel and elsewhere). There it says he was adopted at birth. His adoptive mother (not father) died November (of last year). Her husband died several years before that. I suppose it may well be true that his biological mother died giving birth, I dunno.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browar......ory.html

Yes, biological mother died giving birth I believe. Point is, if you are going to be a parent by adopting or biological means, BE A PARENT!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

At least this approaches the social issue from a standpoint of useful action. Change what you can.

Maybe other things need to be done as well who knows? But without this right here you can pass all the oppressive laws you want and it will not change a thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
A place we could start is by getting people to acknowledge what it means to be a ...

citizen
...to all the coins I've dropped here
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Agree Doug. So many kids are growing up in the abyss without any oversight, without any teaching, without any love, without so much. These people are products of their human creators. And unfortunately, it's so sad that these selfish people are having children. Where were the parents of this 19 year old with all these guns? I think the parents should be charged as well! There is a lot of good in this world but there is a lot of evil as well! And if there is no one to teach and point these kids in the right direction, evil will get a hold of them. Guns cannot speak, teach, and encourage people to be evil and commit evil acts. People do that.

Where was the oversight and security for this school? Why did they let this 19 year old in the school when he was not a student there? Proper oversight and protocol could have helped prevent this.

+1000000

if those issues were addressed, the crime probably wouldnt have happened. But people don't want to address that in any meaningful way, JUST BAN GUNS!

I notice that hardly anyone has addressed the killings in Chicago. only 1 1/2 months into the new year and there's already 250 shot and 56 dead. Let's be consistent guys, if you want to address gun issues, why not address them where there's the most killings with said guns?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes addressing the social issues that cause one human being to devalue another's life enough to take that life IS the solution.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yes addressing the social issues that cause one human being to devalue another's life enough to take that life IS the solution.

Not to mention armed guards in schools.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
"But it still doesn't excuse how he obtained these guns and the poor oversight of the school by letting this kid into the school."

He obtained them legally. Look at Florida's gun laws. You don't need a permit or license, and can buy AR-15's upon turning 18.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL