The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Trumpet (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5387 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I've been trying to purchase a vintage spirit trumpet at auction for years now, but never knew about this gimmicked version...

https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/spirit-trumpet
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Wow, nice find.
I've never heard of this before now.
Thanks for the share!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2579 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
But... A regular trumpet and a mini speaker would be cheaper.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5387 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Perhaps. But they are very difficult to find, and when you do, they can cost hundreds if not thousands at auction. Unless you have a source, which would be awesome!!!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2579 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Spirit trumpets?

Brand New, collapsible, $100 shipped.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Does anyone ever pay attention to what I share with those of you on here? Time and time again I keep telling you where to get one of these for around $50 providing there in stock that is also I recently I released a program on how to actually use this very item. You can do a lot more even in low light with a S.T. providing you know how to use it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0928r3s8nv9jwq......png?dl=0

I will also say this - in the early and later works written by magicians on the subject of the trumpet and in the photos shown therein those works are based on incorrect information and the methods used are wrong. Even parts of the descriptions they use giving details about the trumpet are incorrect. There is a good reason for these mistakes too but its not what many of you think it is. As a so called real trumpet can do a lot more than the so called gimmick version. I tell you that much and I tell you they do it way better than most of the gimmicked versions made within the last 80 or so years. But what I wont say on here is where and how to get one again for that you will need to search.Only because I told you many times where to find one. Yes they real ones are getting harder to find but they are still around but Frank is getting old and how much longer he will be make them is unknown. He also uses that same dyes that made the trumpets that Dunninger, The equipment to make spirit trumpets is even harder to find almost as hard as finding the right information on how to use one.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3822 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I'm still looking for a real vintage trumpet for my collection.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Why not just make one from some poster board? You can get it to "talk" using the method described in I believe Oracle magazine.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3822 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Because I've a museum and use only authentic objects.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, The Curator wrote:
Because I've a museum and use only authentic objects.

I'd love to see it some day but I'm a bit scared and live in Europe.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
510 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
The Curator lives in Belgium I believe Smile
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

"Why not just make one from some poster board?" I can think of a number of reasons that would be a complete waste of time.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
823 Posts

Profile of lin
Https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-SPR-TRUMPET/1

Vintage cardboard, possibly unsuitable for certain applications.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4411 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
At "Spooked in Seattle," they have a vintage spirit trumpet on display. If they ever decide to close up and sell their collection, there's quite a few items I'm planning on acquiring (along with the vintage wooden original Ouija board and planchette).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5387 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Seeing that the spirit trumpet is one of the iconic tools from the spiritualist movement, I'm surprised there hasn't been more offerings of a gimmicked version. It is such an odd and unusual looking prop that its presence alone would raise the hairs on people's arms.

This was the last one I saw at auction 10 years ago: https://www.martinka.com/martinka/auctio......ID=16955
I believe it sold for $850...too much for me at the time. I'm sure there have been others offered since, but they are few and far between.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

I'm surprised there hasn't been more offerings of a gimmicked version. Why would one need a gimmicked version? That is the real question!
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
This strikes me odd asking that question on a magic forum.
It would be like wondering why someone would want a trick coin/deck/etc, when there are plenty of tricks using regular coins/cards etc. Why does one NEED a scotch and soda to vanish a coin? The answer is they don't. Need never enters the picture.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
716 Posts

Profile of Winks
"Why would one need a gimmicked version?" Hey, MentalistCreationLab, can I borrow your ghost for my next show?
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Stoltz I thought at first you might have gotten what I was implying but alas you missed it. Think about some more what I asked and where the question was asked could be part of the answer.

Here is part of the issue the magicians of yore got it wrong too, as they never looked in to what was actually recorded. They compared this device what they already knew based on assumptions from previous learned knowledge elsewhere. They did no know how to use the device either which is evident by what they documented. Later on when many people (speaking mostly of charlatan types) came in to the picture they too based what they knew based off these incorrect sources as they were easily to obtain and recorded in the newspapers during the period which are all wrong because the source for this information was obtained for those who were wrong. Now think about the question I asked again. When you get it it will feel like you just dropped something heavy on your toe. Which by the way spiritualist never used with the trumpet. Just pointing out that is not a cryptic part of the message.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I'll just say this then: I'm afraid of the DARK!
And I hope you know I love you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Trumpet (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL