The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlock 5.0 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
What is the difference between this and the original?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, MrBrown wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Open up your mind wrote:
What is the difference between this and the original?

this isn't using the App Store because his dev account was banned as he was trying to get round their rules.

You have no idea what you are talking about. This thread is about an update to the original version. That is a new one.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
The original version can't be updated because it's no longer in the App Store. No replacement is available through the App Store. Cardistry Master, I'm afraid yet again it's you who doesn't know what he's talking about.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

I know he has a web version now but this thread is about the original App Store one.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
The App was removed from the App Store because the App mimicked the Lock Screen and this is not allowed under the App Store guidelines unfortunately.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I own this , bought from the app store.

How do I get it onto my new phone ? I have asked on the facebook group but no response.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
You can't.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
The App iUnlock 5.0 is no longer available on the App Store. We have built a temporary WebApp version called iUnlock Elite. You can purchase this at The Fraternity and if you are a Pro purchaser you can request a discount with proof of purchase. iUnlock Elite has a lot of features and is a really great alternative to the App Store version.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, Myke Phillips wrote:
The App iUnlock 5.0 is no longer available on the App Store. We have built a temporary WebApp version called iUnlock Elite. You can purchase this at The Fraternity and if you are a Pro purchaser you can request a discount with proof of purchase. iUnlock Elite has a lot of features and is a really great alternative to the App Store version.

Is this web app only temporary?or is it here to stay ?as I was going to purchase it ,there would not be much point if it’s going to go eventually
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
It’s here to stay. I have an amazing developer Badasha Khan working on it full time. We will continue to build this version and make it even better.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, gassaox wrote:
Quote:

Is this web app only temporary?or is it here to stay ?as I was going to purchase it ,there would not be much point if it’s going to go eventually

I think he meant the native app would be better but the webapp is the best option for now. Its really good also. Badasha is a good developer.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Quote:

What about the people who had paid for your app on the App Store?

Are you saying that they have to pay again and buy another app ?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

There’s nothing he can do for now. He said he will make it available to all previous purchasers when he can.
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
What about all the people who supported this effect, and now cannot use their purchase. At the end of the day, the developer took a risk unbeknownst to purchasers who are now have to pay you again ?
All owners who are should be upgraded to the web version without charge .
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
You don’t have to pay anything.

Who’s going to pay for your new App whilst we wait for it to come back to the App Store?

You do know that you don’t actually own the App right? Please read the App Store agreement. Apple can take any App from us without question or refund.

All the money you guys pay goes to the developer not me. If you don’t want to pay them simply wait.

Myke
X
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3772 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
If I remember my history, and I could be wrong here, Apple used to be a lot more flexible when it came to magic Apps. I seem to remember there being a point where Apple suddenly started to refuse approval to magic apps that imitated the standard functions where previously they had allowed it. I seem to remember this impacting several apps that had to start jumping through a lot of hoops to get through the approval process in order to get around Apples policy of not allowing apps to mimic the built in functionality.

Unfortunately most magic apps need to mimic the normal Apple UI in some way and if Apple clamp down too hard we could see the end of quite a few very popular apps. It sucks but it is what it is. I remember a similar situation with USPCC where they stopped allowing gaffs of Rider backs and we had to switch to Mandolins. Not quite the same but unfortunately when it comes to apps you are to some degree at the mercy of Apple Android in that they can change their UI etc and make some magic apps obsolete.

As frustrating as it is (and I paid for IUnlock pro so I know the pain) with any app there is a chance that it will become obsolete due to changes in the tech.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
You are 100% correct Mark. One Apple reviewer allowed us to do one thing then another reviewer would refuse it.
GaMBiT_101
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide
146 Posts

Profile of GaMBiT_101
Can someone help me get into contact with Myke Phillips, as I have tried messaging him a number of times with no reply. My issue is that I changed to a newer IOS device and when I went to the App Store, I couldn’t find I UNLOCK YOU MIND or Augure. I want to find out how I can download them into my new device. Thank you
"Being able to do tricks, doesn't mean you're able to be Entertaining!"
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1165 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Read the above messages, about 10 up from yours. It’s no longer available on the App Store.
casco1
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of casco1
So I have to buy it again if I want to use it on my new phone, right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlock 5.0 (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL