The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Now Appearing at the Chamber Of Magic - Orlando, Florida (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Fred Becker, Fred Moore, and Tim Scarbrough are now appearing regularly on a rotating basis at Orlando's newest dinner theater, The Chamber Of Magic - located in the Skull Kingdom Haunted Attraction on International Drive in Orlando, Florida.

The three interactive comedy magicians work right alongside ghost magicians that appear in the mirrors and wall posters that seem to have a life of their own in this one hour family magic show.

Ticket price includes an all you can eat serving of pizza, beer, wine, and soda. For more info, visit Skull Kingdom's web site at:

http://www.skullkingdom.com/

If you're planning a trip to Orlando, don't miss it!

Lyndel

Posted: May 8, 2004 9:14am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the May 2004 performance schedule for the Chamber of magic Dinner Theater located in Skull Kingdom's Haunted Attraction on International Drive in Orlando, Florida:

Fred Becker - May 1-7, 24-26

Fred Moore - May 8 -10, 15-17, 27 -31

Tim Scarbrough - May 11 -14, 18 - 23

Come by and say hello if you're in the area!

Lyndel
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17439 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's great to see another Magic Show in Orlando.
Good luck!!!!!
I'll try to get down there this week.I didn't see the times. I'll check again.
David Koenig
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Thanks Slim King!

Yeah, we are excited about the new show and think it is unique from others in the Orlando area because of the room itself being interactive.

Be sure to say hello when you come to the show!

Lyndel
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Here is the appearance shedule for the rest of June at the Chamber Of Magic on International Drive in Orlando, FL:

June 18, 19 - Tim Scarbrough
June 20,21,22,23,24 - Fred Moore
June 25,26,27 - Tim Scarbrough
June 28,29,30 - Fred Becker

Come on by and catch one of the shows if you're in the area!

Lyndel
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17439 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Lyndel's show was great! A fantastic deal. Pizza, beer, soda, pretty waitresses and some cool magic. All for about $20. One of the best "Bang for your Buck" shows in Orlando.
Thanks Tim for sneaking me in the back door, Ha Ha! I owe you one.
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
516 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Is that whgole thing still going on ? I heard that Lundell left and not sure Beccker is there anymore either
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17439 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I heard something like that too.....???? Is the place still open?
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
The show is stil running. I am not sure who is still performing. maybe try giving skull kingdom a call.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
I went a few weeks ago, I got the name of the magician and now It's slipped my mind.

The show was pretty good. Nothing to write home about. I saw the show previously when Lyndel did it and on both occasions I had a non magician with me (a different person for each show). On both occasions the reaction of the non-magician was luke warm, some good stuff, but no miracles.

I'm by no means a good magician, I don't perform in any sort of professional capacity, strictly amateur, mainly with cards but on both occasions I was told that some of the stuff I do was better than anything in the show. That shouldn't be the case if magicians are earning a living.

I know "Out Of This World" and "Twisted Sisters" are hard to do on stage, and they are also hard effects to beat, but there's a lot of great stage magic that could be done.

Also on both nights the audience numbers were pretty low. I guess with all of the entertainment possibilities in Orlando a magic show is going to be low on peoples list of things to see.

One of the weaknesses I'd see with the show is actually the thing Lynel pointed out as a selling point. The interactive Room. This is a pet hate of mine but the jokes that the Ghosts tell are awfull. Truly awful. It also leads to whichever magician is performing having to perform Two effects because the Room is equiped for them. Neither effect is strong enough that every magician should be forced to have them in their show.

I did go back to give it a second chance, but on balance I couldn't really recomend Skull Kingdom's Magic show. It's a shame because it's a nice venue. I really don't know what could be done with it.

-MM
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
My visit to the theater in the beginning of the year was much the same. Skull Kingdom does allot of advertisement and has a good location which is what brought us in on a Monday evening. After the show I walked away with a different outlook from watching another performer, but I was surprised that the magic was so “amateur”.

I thought that the interactive room distracted from the show, in fact the only thing that I liked was the card effect using a magic poster on the wall. Otherwise the remainder of the show was "stock" presentations with what would appear to be items just purchased from a dealer, with no real flow to the show. I don’t recall the name of the magician, or know if he was a temporary “fill in”; but I know that I expected far more even if it only cost me $40 for the pizza and show. I think that the right performer, combined with a little remodeling of the stage and seating could make the venue better than its competition down the road.

During the show I had the pleasure to sit next to a booking agent who was on vacation. He continually asked me what I thought during the show, and I admitted that my opinion might be different due to also being a magician. In the end I learned a great deal of things regarding what agent's do & don't look for when booking talent- which was extremely valuable.

Come to think of it, I guess I did get my $40 worth after all.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Bunnyman
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Bunnyman
The current resident performers are:
Joe Constantine with fill in shows performed by James and Joe of It's Unbelievable Magic. The cost is still less than $20.00 and includes the dinks, pizza and hour long magic show. Shows are at 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
Joe Constantine does a "traditional" show while James and Joe do a "medieval" show. Both acts have web sites that are easy to find.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I went a short time ago when I was in Orlando doing a trade-show. This is definetley a "Do Miss" show. The show itself was OK at best and the dinner was cheap and served on paper plates. The whole thing gives entertainement a bad rap.
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I am going to try and see if I cna get in there and revive this show. Im not sure who is there now, but I think this could be a great oppurtunity. Any thoughts or suggestions about this?
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I found out Joe Constatine is Still there and a new duo called Diamond And Ruby..... Is there a way to look these two up?
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Now Appearing at the Chamber Of Magic - Orlando, Florida (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL