The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool Effects Hit or Miss List (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, Charming Cheat wrote:
What was that 8 of diamonds trick?

It is not a wallet but a Mini folio (which fit in the jacket pocket anyway!) we had a HUGE feedback and Im glad the people saw it live! We have a long list of preorders at the moment. If you missed my live on facebook where I explained all the features, join my private group:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/123115324412681
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, Doomo wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, baobow wrote:
Did anyone get to play with Tony Miller's RFA Wallet or Luca's Fox folio/wallet?

We sold out of the RFA wallet mid day 2... Then the Real Mans SpeedLoader was gone as was MoFo...So it was a good time for us.!

Tony

Would have been even better If you’d taken more Tony lol
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Been practicing bliss which is a cool effect ,but using this idea of loading bill
I started to do bill to wallet ,using my wallet even better card to wallet ,using my existing tool I have
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
Quote:
Wherever the spectator points is an 8 of diamonds.
What is its name?

Might it have been The Destiny Deck? http://card-shark.de/thedestinydeck/

Strong routine.
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Deej1 I am sure is correct in saying it’s the Destiny Deck , some excellent routines come with this deck as well imo Tarik 🙂
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, Deej1 wrote:
Quote:
Wherever the spectator points is an 8 of diamonds.
What is its name?

Might it have been The Destiny Deck? http://card-shark.de/thedestinydeck/

Strong routine.

One way force deck Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ve just ordered the last of the RPG decks from Alakazam.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Unlucky.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
From you I’ll take that as a compliment.
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, baobow wrote:
Did anyone get to play with Tony Miller's RFA Wallet or Luca's Fox folio/wallet?

Yes, I've got the RFA and two more besides, the Badger & Triple-Threat. They come with contributions from Jack Carpenter et al. Can't go far wrong when ol' Jacks involved.
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Been practicing bliss which is a cool effect ,but using this idea of loading bill
I started to do bill to wallet ,using my wallet even better card to wallet ,using my existing tool I have

Greetings 'Gassaox' Could you please expand a little more on your moves for Bliss? are you changing the load or delaying it? sounds interesting. Cheers.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
I change my load as I do not load with it in a fist position ,I have both hands ,fingers straight and load as I describe how flexible and bendy the new notes are,I demonstrate this ,bending the note with two hands and also loading it,then I cover the bill as still bending and that's when I vanish it unseen ,then go into my theatrical patter and vanish
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Let's explain all tricks here. Yes, let's do that! Not. Take it downstairs.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, jaizon wrote:
Let's explain all tricks here. Yes, let's do that! Not. Take it downstairs.

Ok ballsed up should not have mentioned the position but not once mention how it wirked
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
I am certainly one of Mark Masons biggest fans but the peek with the dummy iPhone was one of his worst effects imho . Could even see the peek info from the spectators side of the table. Mark could sell umbrellas to Ducks but that doesn’t always mean it’s good, best wishes Tarik 🙂

Totally disagree. Multiple very respected performers raved about Mark’s Eyephone so I went to see it. That includes Tim Trono and Rob Gould.

It’s a killer. It’s no More or less angle sensitive than the outstanding Chris Kenworthy Telethought 2 wallets. As performers we manage. We watch our angles. We try to be aware. The peek is bright as day, and as long as your spectators are not behind you, or encroaching on your side - they will see zippo.

I predict Mark Mason will sell loads of these. It’s a really cool concept and natural improvement of the Telethought.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, TuneHV wrote:

Actually there are 3 videos for it right here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Ki1Ga......g/videos

Looks really fun. Not sure about corporate performances, but must have anyway
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
While the Eye Phone looks intriguing because it is not a wallet, I'm not convinced this is any better than some of the excellent peek wallets that I already own. I have a few issues with the Eye Phone. Firstly, all iPhones go into "sleep" mode when not being used (the screen goes black). But the minute you pick up an iPhone (even to move it) the screen lights up and the icons etc. become visible. This is a discrepancy with the Eye Phone because the screen will always stay in "sleep" mode...And let's face it, nobody carries around a phone in the OFF position.

Secondly, I've had more bad experiences with the filter technology than good. While we may do a good job of spectator management by being cognizant about our angles etc, but you cannot control a spectator from moving. If they gesture even a foot or two in a different direction then you may run the risk of them seeing what you see. Moreover, the filter technology works best in bright daylight. I have had numerous issues trying to see the writing in lower-light conditions like at a cocktail party in a hall.

Another issue with the Eye Phone is the extra pocket space it will require. You will need to carry two phones around with you at all times. I would much rather have a small peek wallet in my back pocket that contains a few other things (billets, business cards etc.)than a second phone.

Finally, whether you place the business card onto the back of a phone (in a pocket) vs. a wallet it's moot point. There is no advantage in either case. IMO the best solution is still Michael Weber's handling with his Seer wallet. You place the wallet into your pocket WITHOUT looking at it. The peek comes later during a casual gesture when there is no heat.

My needs will certainly differ from yours. But the details as mentioned should be taken into consideration. I agree that the concept itself is interesting and novel but at the end of the day does this outweigh the practicality of a wallet?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My iPhone does not light up if lifted. It’s a setting that must be enabled. Most only light up when home button pressed or, iPhone X when you touch the screen.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Is there any video of the Eye Phone?
Also I don't know any person whom's iphone lights up when lifted) it's funny
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Guys, I don't know about your iPhones but mine is an iPhone 8 and it does light up when lifted while it's in sleep mode. But anyway, this is only one consideration of the several mentioned above.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool Effects Hit or Miss List (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL