The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's The Score (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Matthew, I hope I didn't 'hit a nerve' with you when I used the words 'fan club'. You've wrote it twice in your last two posts. I have no problem with you, in fact if memory serves we spoke on DM a few years ago. I think it was about an ACAAN effect, but I can't be sure. The problem I had is that your opening post said nothing about this effect, and the follow up posts were no better. That can't be beneficial to anyone looking to buy. After reading more detail about this, I am sure it is very good but as I stated earlier, Richard Osterlind's was always my preferred choice of bank night routine. I certainly never felt 'stupid' performing that.
I rarely buy these days. It took me years to know what effects work best for my me and my persona. I haven't changed my show in about six (6) years and it might be another six before I consider doing so.

I stand by my comment of fan club, but it was directed at you in particular, rather it was a general comment.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Typo - using phone, should read, 'wasn't directed'.

By the way elimagic, have you performed ALL of the bank night routines prior to purchasing this one?
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3373 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Looch wrote:
Here's a quick preview to show the cleanliness of the method (ignore the screen shot, it looks like I'm high on something)

https://youtu.be/8L6Vj03kpWM


I'm going to be honest. That preview did little to sell me on it. I didn't see "cleanliness." I didn't see the backs of the envelopes, putting the last envelope down like that wasn't/didn't telegraph clean, and, it was fast, but I definitely saw a move. And no, maybe the audience wouldn't notice. but...

s


Just picking up a couple of points, you can if you want show both the front and backs of all envelopes it makes you feel better. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, it all depends on what I'm doing with it. As for putting the envelope down, keep it in your hand if you prefer...
Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Matthew, I hope I didn't 'hit a nerve' with you when I used the words 'fan club'. You've wrote it twice in your last two posts. I have no problem with you, in fact if memory serves we spoke on DM a few years ago. I think it was about an ACAAN effect, but I can't be sure. The problem I had is that your opening post said nothing about this effect, and the follow up posts were no better. That can't be beneficial to anyone looking to buy. After reading more detail about this, I am sure it is very good but as I stated earlier, Richard Osterlind's was always my preferred choice of bank night routine. I certainly never felt 'stupid' performing that.
I rarely buy these days. It took me years to know what effects work best for my me and my persona. I haven't changed my show in about six (6) years and it might be another six before I consider doing so.

I stand by my comment of fan club, but it was directed at you in particular, rather it was a general comment.


Innercircle,

No nerves have been struck. As stated several times, the main point of me posting the thread was to share the fact that Looch has put out a wonderful new limited release. For people interested, they should look into it. If not, don't bother.

As I also stated, there are other wonderful options out there. This, however, is by far the cleanest, most direct, and certainly allows for the most customization in my experience.

I also used to perform Osterlind's. It has served me well over the years.

As for me thinking that people who perform the traditional bit of winning all the money are stupid, well I guess no one knows how to take a joke Smile

Best,
Matthew
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Typo - using phone, should read, 'wasn't directed'.

By the way elimagic, have you performed ALL of the bank night routines prior to purchasing this one?



Definitely not! There are so many that would be nearly impossible. But then again, neither have you. My point is that you have lots of negative thoughts on a product that you do not have and actually know the workings of. If you don’t see the merit in the score, then don’t buy it. If you are happy with the current versions out there, the stick with those. But don’t attack those that see value in a product and find tha the small difference about that product add up to give serious merit to how good it is.

Also, it’s okay as well to purchase something from someone because you like the way they think and approach plots. I don’t see Looch as a “creator” I see him as a “worker”. I know that he has developed the routines and props in front of real audiences under he riggers of not ideal performance situations to develop them. Now I won’t name names, but many other products come from “creator” that don’t perform for audiences regularly, or, perform mainly for other performers. Clever thinking but usually not workable and dependable in the grind of real world performing, specifically corporately.

Because I know Looch is a worker, his products appeal to me by that alone, despite the small specific details about the score that pushed me to buy it. I liken Looch to Bill Abbott for the comedy magic world. His stuff is practical, works, and comes with routines that have been run through hundreds of not thousands of audiences....

Just my thoughts,
Eli

Al the
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
How can I take you serious after a rant like that! Smile

You claim something is the 'best ever', however by your own admission, you haven't tested all the different versions. On that point alone, you can't be taken seriously. However I do take umbrage with you when you accuse me of being 'negative' about the product. Exactly where have I done this? You will find I haven't. You don't have to lecture me about Looch, I am very familiar with his work.

Point to be learned for you - if you're gonna accuse me of being 'negative', at least back it up with facts. Otherwise you can't be taken seriously and you're simply embarrassing yourself.

Just my thoughts...
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9861 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Mindoro, you seem to have a personal agenda here it seems. If not, your comments definitely read like this. Eli


Nope, not at all. Looch is a great, well-respected guy here and I just wanted to keep the focus on and to hear about the product itself, not just one person's thoughts and ramblings on Bank Night.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Mindoro, you seem to have a personal agenda here it seems. If not, your comments definitely read like this. Eli


Nope, not at all. Looch is a great, well-respected guy here and I just wanted to keep the focus on and to hear about the product itself, not just one person's thoughts and ramblings on Bank Night.


No worries Mindpro. I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say in some of your other posts but figured I'd just let you know how they were coming across. I agree, let's talk facts about The Score, not personal opinions about every bank night ever made since noone has tried them all and this thread isn't about all the others, it is about "The Score" (that's for you. innercirclewannabe. ) Smile

Best,

E
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9861 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
I liken Looch to Bill Abbott for the comedy magic world. His stuff is practical, works, and comes with routines that have been run through hundreds of not thousands of audiences....



Good comparison, I completely agree.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Mindoro, you seem to have a personal agenda here it seems. If not, your comments definitely read like this. Eli


Nope, not at all. Looch is a great, well-respected guy here and I just wanted to keep the focus on and to hear about the product itself, not just one person's thoughts and ramblings on Bank Night.


No worries Mindpro. I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say in some of your other posts but figured I'd just let you know how they were coming across. I agree, let's talk facts about The Score, not personal opinions about every bank night ever made since noone has tried them all and this thread isn't about all the others, it is about "The Score" (that's for you. innercirclewannabe. ) Smile

Best,

E


Good lad. I'll wait until you send me the posts where I was negative about the effect.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Mindoro, you seem to have a personal agenda here it seems. If not, your comments definitely read like this. Eli


Nope, not at all. Looch is a great, well-respected guy here and I just wanted to keep the focus on and to hear about the product itself, not just one person's thoughts and ramblings on Bank Night.


No worries Mindpro. I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say in some of your other posts but figured I'd just let you know how they were coming across. I agree, let's talk facts about The Score, not personal opinions about every bank night ever made since noone has tried them all and this thread isn't about all the others, it is about "The Score" (that's for you. innercirclewannabe. ) Smile

Best,

E


Good lad. I'll wait until you send me the posts where I was negative about the effect.


Well, you are trying to invalidate my opinion because I haven't tried every Bank night known to man... I find this pretty negative and ironic since by the same logic, you also can't have an opinion because you haven't tried them all either. Who has???? Far too many to even count. Let's keep this thread on track with discussions on The Score and how it stands on its own and the individual aspects of what makes it a great working piece.

Once I work it in a few shows, I'll share some thoughts on it.

-E
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
You are probably a nice guy and I don't mean it personally, but I can't take you serious. You have twisted and turned yourself inside out. You cannot show where I was negative about the effect. Furthermore I never offered an opinion on it. Let's leave it there. I hope it sells out and I wish you success with it.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
May I interject at this point to say that Looch is kind to animals,gets his round in and smells nice...

Maybe a nice review in the appropriate section will be healthier?

I think we only spoke out originally because someone was saying it cost too much and we have a couple of reasons as to the costing...might be wrong but that was my reasoning at least...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3373 Posts

Profile of Looch
I think within the next few days people will be recieving their orders, at that point they will be free of course to share their thoughts. In the meantime here's what Lee Earle has to say about it:

“Whenever Mentalism is made simple, visual, and to the point, it becomes both enjoyable and marketable. As a former manufacturer and back-of-the-room dealer, I know how difficult it is to develop a product with these qualities. Looch obviously has invested substantial ’skull sweat’ to consider every possibility and delivers an item that is all of the above - and quite easy to perform as well! This one is a keeper!”

Lee Earle
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, innercirclewannabe wrote:
You are probably a nice guy and I don't mean it personally, but I can't take you serious. You have twisted and turned yourself inside out. You cannot show where I was negative about the effect. Furthermore I never offered an opinion on it. Let's leave it there. I hope it sells out and I wish you success with it.



Read my post again, I mention what negativeness I was talking about pretty clearly, so not sure where your confusion is. You also seem to disregard everything i’m saying which is fine by me because clearly to others reading, it isn’t me turning things round but you avoiding the fallacy of your own logic as I pointed out. I welcome further discussion by pm if you would like to keep the conversation going so we don’t distract from the thread. ps. Thanks for calling me a nice guy Smile i’ll take that as a compliment and I wholeheartedly agree with that point. Smile

To everyone else offering value to the thread, i’ll post a short review once I get my copy of the score the comment on some of the claims in the advert and video. I’ll probably wait to share my full thoughts after I work it in a few shows to give it a good go.

Ps. Looch posted a cool presentation using the score on his facebook page for his company so if you have ordered it, you will want to check that out!

Have a good weekend everyone
E
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3373 Posts

Profile of Looch
"Looch's The Score is a thing of beauty: Simple, clean, surefire and customizable! All of which allows you to focus on your performance and wowing your audience!" - Eric Dittelman
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3373 Posts

Profile of Looch
“Looch has created my favorite version of Bank Night”. Fabulous. This is most definitely something I will use. I’m for The Score!” - Jon Stetson
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Let's wait for the real reviews but having paid such a price , many will have a Choice-supportive bias.
Regards
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3373 Posts

Profile of Looch
Both Jon & Eric paid for 'The Score'

Heres another pro who this time watched it performed:

"I was lucky to see the Score when it just came out and I was fooled. Looch was standing next to me when he did it and it was so clean, that I thought it was real magic." - Lior Manor

You'll notice all of them are very well established pro's, Its very humbling to hear they like my work.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
586 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Right, here goes, a few unbiased comments that may or may not help anyone.

Firstly, to put it into perspective, I’ve been performing for over 50 years, for small and large groups, walkaround, table hopping, cabaret and stage. Smallest group, about 4 in a private residential setting. Largest was several thousand, on stage. So I’ve read, learned, used and discarded many effects, only keeping the ones that work for me. I’ve an extensive library, and I have a reasonable knowledge of what’s available and what’s been available in the past.

I own the Black Project, so I have constructed this myself from that book. I haven’t purchased this effect from Looch. I’ve tried to give a factual review to clear up some of the misunderstandings, but without giving anything away.

THE SCORE

Effect: is standard Bank Nite. The spectator picks the envelope you want him to, or gives you the envelope you want him to. There is nothing new in the base effect; it’s another way of doing Bank Nite, which is fine.

The presentation: it can easily be adjusted to suit the performer, like any Bank Nite. It’s a reveal of a selection, so the selection is up to you. They’ve picked their envelope, or given you your envelope, or they’ve chosen the prize, or left you with the bigger prize, or they’ve predicted what word will be chosen, Etc. etc. etc. It can and should be modified to suit you. You can easily change the presentation/reveal (in advance) to suit the event.

The handling: is simple, with generally good angles, and to me is actually cleaner than it appears in the video’s. The handling and move(s) are minor, well within the capability of most performer. I say most, as beginners often suffer the dreaded ‘guilt’; that’s a problem with them, not the effect. The spectators can all open their freely chosen envelopes themselves and display the contents. The method and easy handling allow you to focus on the presentation, which is exactly as it should be. I would perform this Cabaret or Stage; for me, the method precludes close up, both in performance and reset.

Originality and method: well, Bank Nite is hardly original, and the basic method used has been used in other effects in the past. Looch has married a good method to a great effect, and it works, very well, both technically and in presentation. I believe that most experienced performers could look at the videos and determine the general method (I'm always a little surprised by the number of well known performers who report that they were fooled when they saw this or that effect. It certainly didn't 'fool' me, but I don't measure the value of an effect on whether or not it fools me). Most beginners wouldn't know the method, which is where some of the disappointment may eventually come from; beginners who’ve assumed earth shattering secrets for the price paid.

Quality: I can’t comment factually as I’ve not bought this direct from Looch. However, I know of his work and can assume it is good quality. Those who own the Black Project should be able to construct this themselves.

I’ve tried to be factual above, but would also comment generally as follows. The value for money is so subjective that it cannot be answered. If you know what you’re getting and are prepared to pay someone to make it for you, then it may be worth it to you. You are not paying for a brand new method, or an unbelievable effect, or the solution to a huge problem. You are paying for a well made, solid routine, that does what it says on the tin.

Is it the best Bank Nite ever? Again, so subjective that it cant be answered or even asked, as each person will have a different definition of best. Is it better than others? Again it can’t be answered, as each person will have different criteria. Work out what you want and then contact Looch to see if it delivers. He can advise you, and if you buy it knowing what you are getting and knowing that it will suit you and your performance, then you wont be disapointed.

Finally (and this is the one that may get me flamed) I’m not overly happy when people sell material they have published in a limited edition book. I buy the limited editions partly because they are limited, and personally I believe that the material in them should be restricted to the purchasers. But, I appreciate that it may just be me, which is why I’ve put it in my opinions, rather than facts about ‘The Score’. Once you open that can of worms labelled ‘Ethics’, who knows what will come out!

I can clarify any of the comments I’ve made, as long as doing so will not give the method away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's The Score (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL