The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's The Score (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, Looch wrote:they had problems having one part of it manufactured and in budget. Them being a large company couldn't make it commercially viable and thus I bought the rights back for a commercial release.

At this point,why buying back the rights sold BEFORE the release of the limited book edition ? If they can't manufacture it and be commercially viable... the rights should die like that! You first stated that the routine came out BECAUSE you sold the rights BEFORE producing the limited edition book. when you decided to bought back the rights, you then know that you'll make money on routine in a limited run of a book! It doesn't make sense, only that you take the opportunity to make profit of a situation without thinking of your custumers buying the BIG price tag of your limited book!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
The book was a lot more than just one trick so who really cares. Let the guy make some money.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3371 Posts

Profile of Looch
Just to let everyone know that since this thread has been resurrected there are just a few sets of the 100 left for sale. If you are on the fence waiting to decide, it might be the time to pull the trigger before they are all gone. Remember these will NOT be manufactured again, they take too much time and with me being a full time performer, I don't have much of it free.

Thank you again to those who continue to support my work, I appreciate you all. Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3723 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The Score is brilliant. While I have other Bank Nite routines, and many of them are quite excellent, The Score is the most astonishing, practical, and most clever of the bunch. The Score does not invovle taking out a crumpled bill or folded paper from the non chosen envelope, burt rather a rigid, solid piece of cardboard that takes up the entire space of each selected and non selected envelope. The envleopes can be shown front and back and freely handled by the performer and spectators. Besides teh method and the structure of the routine, what I love about The Score the most is its versatility. You can use the pre-made stickers that come ready made for you to use or you can print up your own labels on repositional labels so you can change the them of The Score whenver you want depending upon the venue you are performing or merely based on your whim.

The kit that is provided meticulously and lovingly crafted by hand. It is quite apparant that Loouch cares very deeply about the products that he provides to his customers and fellow mentalists. The downloable pdf as well as teh the video instructions are very thorough and clear.

Is it expensive? That is relative, but yes it is. Is it worth it? Yes it is. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3371 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
The Score is brilliant. While I have other Bank Nite routines, and many of them are quite excellent, The Score is the most astonishing, practical, and most clever of the bunch. The Score does not invovle taking out a crumpled bill or folded paper from the non chosen envelope, burt rather a rigid, solid piece of cardboard that takes up the entire space of each selected and non selected envelope. The envleopes can be shown front and back and freely handled by the performer and spectators. Besides teh method and the structure of the routine, what I love about The Score the most is its versatility. You can use the pre-made stickers that come ready made for you to use or you can print up your own labels on repositional labels so you can change the them of The Score whenver you want depending upon the venue you are performing or merely based on your whim.

The kit that is provided meticulously and lovingly crafted by hand. It is quite apparant that Loouch cares very deeply about the products that he provides to his customers and fellow mentalists. The downloable pdf as well as teh the video instructions are very thorough and clear.

Is it expensive? That is relative, but yes it is. Is it worth it? Yes it is. Highly recommended.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Firstly I want to say 'Thank you' for taking time out to review The Score, I appreciate it! Secondly, reading it, it is clear that you totally, 100% get what The Score is all about. I look forward to hearing what you come up with in terms of presentation. It's amazing to read people's ideas and approaches for their presentations that they are working on. I think in time when people have developed their routines, no 2 performances of 'The Score' will look alike.

Warmest regards and thanks
Looch

P.S There are 15 sets left of The Score!
Smile Smile
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
The magic Café - magicians selling stuff.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3371 Posts

Profile of Looch
Jheff has recently posted his review of 'The Score'

LOOCH
THE SCORE
Suggested Retail Price:£150
http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/score/

THE BLURB:
“The best method for Bank Nite ever!”

For years, Looch has developed an approach to the classic Bank Nite plot that enables the performer to have an unbelievable amount of freedom and flex ibility. The handling feels almost self-working and will fast become one of your favourite methods ever.

Professionals around the world have adopted Loochs method and are using it in their current stage shows right now! After years of false starts, it began to look like ‘The Score’ would never be released as a commercial item, but Read My Mind Ltd are delighted to announce the limited edition release of this incredible effect.

What’s in the box?

5 x ‘The Score’ cards
Set of Multi-coloured envelopes
Set of Black envelopes
Complete set of YOURS/MINE labels
Set of 1-5 numbers to customise the envelopes
Detailed eBook showcasing the original handling and alternatives
Downloadable video instructions

Edition Size: 100 sets

**JHEFF’S GUIDE**

WHAT IT IS:
Effect with Props

HOW ACCURATE OR COMPLETE THE BLURB IS:
It's as accurate and complete as possible without giving away the method.

SET-UP AND RE-SET:
As with most Bank Nite routines, it's just a matter of putting the cards into (or back into) the envelope to both set-up and re-set.

WHAT’S NOT INCLU DED THAT YOU NEED OR NEED TO KNOW:
This is an extremely limited edition. If you're thinking about getting this, don't think too much longer or you'll miss your opportunity. At the time of this writing, Looch only has a few left. If this interests you, I highly recommend you getting it right now.

SUITABLE VENUES:
Close-up, Parlour, Stage

JHEFF’S JUDGMENT:
Without question, this is one of the easiest and most elegant versions of the Bank Nite plot that I've seen and one that does not rely on electronics of any kind, but does require a labor intensive production which explains the price. This is a limited edition classic effect with a simple plot and Looch has created a very simple solution that you will perform if you get this.

**MY COMMENTS**
Without question, this is one of the easiest and most elegant versions of the Bank Nite plot that I've seen. The method does not rely on electronics of any kind, but does require a labor intensive production which explains the price. Everything you need to use is included in this handsome package.

As that method, let's just say it doesn't use the method that John Archer uses in his Blank Nite, nor does it use the method Richard Osterlind uses in his routine. In fact, it's much easier than both. However, you certainly can use the presentation from both and that's exactly what Looch describes. He does, as I will do, strongly encourage you to come up with your own presentation.

The only consideration tha t I can find with this is that what you're controlling is what's said on the card inside the final envelope. You cannot show that envelope having lots of cash in it, though the card can certainly say that the winner receives lots of cash. The four "losing" envelopes can have things in it, though, such as applause coupons and such. This really isn't much of a consideration, though, but if you already have a Bank Nite presentation in which the remaining envelope has stuff in it, then this may not work for you. On the other hand, you may decide to get this and change your presentation.

As you can see from the blurb, the package contains two sets of envelopes (one multi-colored set and one black) and stickers that you must place on the insert cards so that you can easily customize your presentation by making your own stickers. Please note that Looch includes both a downloadable PDF set of instructi ons (from his now sold out and highly sought after two-volume Black Project) and online video instructions.

This is a classic effect with a simple plot and Looch has created a very simple solution that you will perform if you get this. The catch, of course you knew there was a catch, is that this is an extremely limited edition. If you're thinking about getting this, don't think too much longer or you'll miss your opportunity. At the time of this writing, Looch only has a few left. If this interests you, I highly recommend you getting it right now.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wayne has always delivered for me. His AREA BT I still use and even bought another extra copy. I am still considering this but am probably late to the game. I have used BN in the past as an opener for repeat gigs but they always seem to fall short. I do not think it was the plot but what the audience deduced. After watching the trailer, this appears to be truly one of the best BN I have seen.

Curious if most use BN always as an opener? My opener is pretty much fixed for new audiences which is 99 percent.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Well on FB - it seems at least one person is planning [or already starting to use] this as a closer

The idea of it being good to open with - is that it's a major effect [in the way Bob Cassidy meant]

And it’s a simple plot – so it’s easy for people to understand what is happening

I bought AREA nano – and was not moved by it at all – as I felt it was a lot of work for a small reveal [compared to Harvey Berg BT – if I spelt that correctly]… but after The Score maybe I will need to revisit AREA [give it another chance] as maybe I missed out on the potential

Oh, so by that I mean I’m happy with The Score

I haven’t used it yet [in war conditions] – but I’m looking forward to putting it into a set or two

I would guess there are less than 10 copies left
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Duster. I had a pro friend also tell me AREA was not his cup of tea. I think it was because of the words not the method. I have used it for every strolling gig since I had it. Laminated the cover because of such use lol.

Glad to see you are happy with the Score. Most of my gigs are parlor or 30-60 people. Always good comments on here.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I would definitely say that those are the right size audiences

I may have to make a bigger version [of The Score] ... for the bigger shows... but

but...

I'm not sure that I would be able to...

To make it this well - took a lot of expertise

So there is definitely value in The Score from that front

I think the numbers speak for themselves, I believe 400 copies of TBP were sold... and it seems like only a handful made this up

Maybe you could just kidnap Jamie Daws, keep him in a cellar, and force him to make them for you - but it would probably be cheaper [once you factor in lost earnings due to prison time] to just buy The Score
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
In regards to AREA

I will have to look at it again

But I thought it was a lot of little bits of memory, and the reveals were not that exciting

Not that it was bad

Just that if I was going to put that much work into something, I wanted it to be 'more'

I have worked on some BT like Final Exam, and others - and felt that the work was worth the outcome

This should show two things,

first when I say I like the score [I'm not a Looch fan boy],

and second, that as everyone seems to rave about Area, I'm probably in the wrong and have missed the actual impact it has

Again I haven't done much more than start to put a performance together of The Score - so I have no real experience to recommend it or not. But I can say I'm happy with it, and looking forward to working it
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks very much Duster. The wear and tear of the goods is a valid concern to me but this or Archer version is a decision that needs to be made. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, Looch wrote:
My friend David Meade has recently recommended a reusable type label that can be printed using your home printer and can be peeled off after the performance. This now has created unlimited possibilities in terms of customising 'The Score' for different clients. You can now personalise your presentations for specific clients (Corporate or Private) I bought a pack of the labels and have been testing them, they are perfect!! Smile

That is very encouraging and may be worth the entire package.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Mindpro wrote:

"the greatest Bank Night routine ever created" - okay, why? In what way? Provide some reasoning and info to back up such a claim.

"I think this is a great purchase." Based on what? How so? In what way?

But it says nothing at all about his release. If you are trying to be helpful provide some insight, some reasons, some, details into the effect - what makes it different from other Bank Nights, what creates it's value.

Annoyingly I don't have Osterlind's BN (although I do have many of his releases)

But to compare it to Blank Night [Archer's]

Archer's version is:

1. much cheaper,
2. simpler to make
3. Archer's version you end up with [if you choose] unfolded bank notes and as many as you wish OR a message. Looch's version you can't have anything but the message.

Looch's version is:

1. slightly easier in terms of handling. I say slightly because both version are not very difficult. But even slightly easier is worth somethng... personally The closer I was to the audience the more I would prefer to be doing The Score

2. Unlike Archer's version The Score you can use different envelopes [colour/etc] in the routine. You couldn't do that with Archer's, as that routine has to be the same envelope design/colour and so you must do the presentation with words/numbers/etc on the front of the envelopes and 'not which colour envelope do you want'... The Score you can do either

3. One last difference [that I can think of at the moment] is the final envelope, if you wish [in The Score] after you take out the 'Winning' message, that envelope is totally clean [not sure why you would feel the need to have anyone check that, but if you wanted to you can with The Score] - Archer's version you end dirty

For me personally - I don't want to do the money gotcha finish. And as I said before I'm happy with this version, and even though I have Archer's I'm glad I got this one.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On May 24, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Mindpro wrote:

"the greatest Bank Night routine ever created" - okay, why? In what way? Provide some reasoning and info to back up such a claim.

"I think this is a great purchase." Based on what? How so? In what way?

But it says nothing at all about his release. If you are trying to be helpful provide some insight, some reasons, some, details into the effect - what makes it different from other Bank Nights, what creates it's value.

Annoyingly I don't have Osterlind's BN (although I do have many of his releases)

But to compare it to Blank Night [Archer's]

Archer's version is:

1. much cheaper,
2. simpler to make
3. Archer's version you end up with [if you choose] unfolded bank notes and as many as you wish OR a message. Looch's version you can't have anything but the message.

Looch's version is:

1. slightly easier in terms of handling. I say slightly because both version are not very difficult. But even slightly easier is worth somethng... personally The closer I was to the audience the more I would prefer to be doing The Score

2. Unlike Archer's version The Score you can use different envelopes [colour/etc] in the routine. You couldn't do that with Archer's, as that routine has to be the same envelope design/colour and so you must do the presentation with words/numbers/etc on the front of the envelopes and 'not which colour envelope do you want'... The Score you can do either
y
3. One last difference [that I can think of at the moment] is the final envelope, if you wish [in The Score] after you take out the 'Winning' message, that envelope is totally clean [not sure why you would feel the need to have anyone check that, but if you wanted to you can with The Score] - Archer's version you end dirty

For me personally - I don't want to do the money gotcha finish. And as I said before I'm happy with this version, and even though I have Archer's I'm glad I got this one.

That is one great comparison, thanks Dustman!
Smile
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of espmagic
"Looch's creation "The Score" is the best AND most flexible system for any Bank Nite/WinnerLoser preparation you can imagine!"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Collectors Item.....Looch almost sold out if not already. Shhhhh ESP Magic....lol, let this one be for just the select...lol

Decomposing Bank Smile
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Ok this is not exactly ‘Victor Kiam’ – but I liked the score so much I bought a second copy
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Me too! Its even fun to play with. Smile And the best part? It is or should be not available anymore. MINE ALL MINE. Get it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's The Score (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL