The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Omen (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Any feedback on The Omen by Chris Congreaves? Debuted at Blackpool.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Reminded me of R. Paul Wilson’s predator wallet trick Psycho Killer, but with a deck of cards. I didn’t buy it because it’s a one trick deck.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I had the absolute joy of being able to see this deemed over and over. First ill say, this will be going into my restaurant gigs because I really do like it that much! I saw it deemed for the first time Friday morning and it fooled me. Then, throughout the convention, the reactions from very well known and established magicians were great. Theres nothing I love more than someone performing a trick to me and it fooling me. It is a one deck effect but it absolutely warrants carrying it. Being able to have more than one spectator involved is brilliant and for gigging situations, getting a couple of people from a group involved in a trick at the same time creates a great dynamic and helps keep interest. Couple that with the fact there is a prediction, shown at the beginning, THEN you read their mind, THEN when they think the trick is over you hit them with that incredible kicker, it is three totally fair, totally baffling climaxes which each hit stronger than its predecessor. It handles like a dream, is incredibly clean and totally fries! I think Chris and Alakazam have done a Wonderfull job with this effect and I cant wait to get to working it!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I was already a fan of iContact which is also by Chris but that did have one small compromise. With Omen Chris has removed the compromise so that the spectator has a completely free choice when they name any card. I really like this even though it is a single trick deck.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I too love icontact but like mark said,it was slightly restricting but this has solved the minor problem that icontact has. This is fantastic and it’s a deck that will definitely not be going into my bottom draw....I would love this to be made with Phoenix cards. Perhaps I can make it up myself, will have to see if cardshark sell the cards needed
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, AceFace wrote:
I too love icontact but like mark said,it was slightly restricting but this has solved the minor problem that icontact has. This is fantastic and it’s a deck that will definitely not be going into my bottom draw....I would love this to be made with Phoenix cards. Perhaps I can make it up myself, will have to see if cardshark sell the cards needed

I did exactly the same thing. Card-Shark sells all the necessary, so I made up two decks.
I don’t like many one trick decks, but this is pretty hard to beat.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Any description of this effect or when it will be available? I'm a big fan of CC's stuff
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
One card is selected from a deck another is merely named (completely free choice of all 52) both have been cleanly predicted in advance in a novel way. If you are familiar with icontact this is similar with the compromise removed to allow a completely free choice of named card.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I saw this demmed at Blackpool, and it's a very nice trick. The only thing that put me off is that it looks like a variation on the (ingenious) principle used in Childsplay, which I currently use when I am doing close-up. I may be wrong, but it looked very similar to me.

Regardless, it looks very practical (despite you having to dedicate a whole deck to it), and like everything Mr Congreave puts out, a real worker.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Release date, anyone? Thanks.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Bought at Blackpool and I think it’s kills
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
956 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, jaizon wrote:
Release date, anyone? Thanks.

Jaizon. Omen will be released very soon within the next week or two according to there last vlog on the 23rd February. And Peter Nardi (Alakazam) will be doing a live launch via facebook and youtube. But no official date as yet.

Stay tuned in.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
So glad you guys are enjoying it, I must say I’m very proud of it, I think it’s my best creation to date, the reactions are just fantastic. I left one guy with his mouth open saying he’d got goosebumps.
Not sure on release date but as GTX says it shouldn’t be too long now.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The reactions on this are great. Did it today and they took photos of the reveal because they were so dumbstruck.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Omen (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL