The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Baffling Blocks by Eric Leclerc (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Any one buy this and have a review?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,this Vanishing Inc. exclusive is available at quite a few magic shops!

I like it. It is relatable as an object in the real world.[Lego]
More so then a mini Pizza paddle.
So as in the jumping gems trick it uses the same number force so you can show all the lego tiles change to that
colour.
The vanish [on the online explanation video] is the flip stick move.
It is a good size[about 7 inches]and you get a few different colour tiles to repeat it.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Baffling Blocks
Creator: Eric Leclerc
Publisher: Amaze kids
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: all
Video Run time: 19:43

Whether you're a working pro, or are looking for a new prop to entertain children in your life, get Baffling Blocks and you'll be baffling the young and young-at-heart faster than they can say, "I love LEGOs."

It's a great strolling magic trick that is fun to perform for kids and their families because, when you tell them you made your first magic trick from LEGO blocks, it's believable and captivating. Better still, the prop is immediately familiar to everyone!

My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nygB98Jcxw

Top Jimmy
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Top Jimmy
Great product, entertaining tutorial. Kids love it
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
It's a shame that this doesn't seem to be getting much attention since I'm guessing most people look at it and think it's just another hot rod or you just need to do the paddle move.

It goes over very well with children AND adults. Who doesn't remember playing with blocks like this?

If you're looking for a knuckle busting hard to accomplish effect that gets mediocre reactions, this isn't the effect for you.

If however, you are looking to actually entertain people with something that is easy to perform, this is GREAT!

I'm going to get a second one so that I can have multiple force colors by doing a swap but not having to reset them.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, barts185 wrote:
It's a shame that this doesn't seem to be getting much attention since I'm guessing most people look at it and think it's just another hot rod or you just need to do the paddle move.

It goes over very well with children AND adults. Who doesn't remember playing with blocks like this?

If you're looking for a knuckle busting hard to accomplish effect that gets mediocre reactions, this isn't the effect for you.

If however, you are looking to actually entertain people with something that is easy to perform, this is GREAT!

I'm going to get a second one so that I can have multiple force colors by doing a swap but not having to reset them.

I think the main reason people are holding back on this effect is that many of us have and use Turbo Stick which is very versatile in its many applications, I have seen a few people selling Baffling Blocks already which I must admit surprised me as I personally like the look of it.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, barts185 wrote:

I think the main reason people are holding back on this effect is that many of us have and use Turbo Stick which is very versatile in its many applications, I have seen a few people selling Baffling Blocks already which I must admit surprised me as I personally like the look of it.

I'm actually going to get a second one so that I can swap and show a different color to the same group without having to change the blocks so I'll be looking out for anyone selling one at a bargain price.

I have, and like, Turbo Stick - but didn't hesitate to get this. 4 billion find a card tricks, and people will get another find a card trick, but don't want two paddles? I'm not sure if that's more sad or funny but to each their own. Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2018, barts185 wrote:

I'm actually going to get a second one so that I can swap and show a different color to the same group without having to change the blocks so I'll be looking out for anyone selling one at a bargain price.

I have, and like, Turbo Stick - but didn't hesitate to get this. 4 billion find a card tricks, and people will get another find a card trick, but don't want two paddles? I'm not sure if that's more sad or funny but to each their own. Smile

4 billion card tricks which is why I enjoy coin magic haha
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Mine just showed up today and I love it. The color change really catches people off guard. A few people have asked me if electronics are involved.
The only adjustment here for me is getting used to the weight of the paddle. It's not heavy but definitely not as light as Pizza Paddle or the small hot rods.

Overall I really like this one.
v.kapoor
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of v.kapoor
Does anyone have a routine they've figured out that they like with this?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, btwigg wrote:
Mine just showed up today and I love it. The color change really catches people off guard. A few people have asked me if electronics are involved.
The only adjustment here for me is getting used to the weight of the paddle. It's not heavy but definitely not as light as Pizza Paddle or the small hot rods.

Overall I really like this one.

Are you using the classic hot rod force in your routine?
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
David Regal gave this a good review in Genii magazine, and I looked it up. After looking at a couple of videos about it I ordered one. This thing is great!

The online instructions come with a couple of different ways to force the color other than the hot rod force. David Regal in his review says that he wants to bury the hot rod force at sea or something like that, and I agree. If you are all interested in it, this is a great prop and you should buy one while it's available.

Also, watch Eric's performance carefully. He does not use the flip stick move to vanish the paddle, Danny Orleans does but that's different.
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
I received it and there are pros and cons of course.
Pros ; It’s a great idea , It’s organic in the sense that everyone knows Lego,
It’s a decent size so the colours stand out , It’s very durable and should last a life time ,
It’s hands on so much as you could let kids attach the pieces themselves,
Cons ;
It’s top heavy so takes some getting used to,
You need a special detaching instrument such as a knife to detach the pieces.
That’s the main disappointment for me because if you were able to detach the pieces without external parts
then you could add so many great routines. The very premise of Lego is putting it together and being able
to take it apart and repeating. If you could do that and add magic in between it would be better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Baffling Blocks by Eric Leclerc (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL