The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Ah, Scott, you have me intrigued. Thanks for the tip! Yet one more item I must own (is that my wallet I hear screaming?).

Regarding extreme methods (such as multiple Ravens) and magician’s thinking, I have to say that I have been suggested (off-line) at least one rather EASY coin sleight for this thing (which incidentally can be combined with the modified Ramsey subtlety that Michael Sibbernsen suggested).

There is also a silly method which has to do with how you position yourself relative the spectator when you reveal the coin (Docc’s method wouldn’t be anything like this would it?).
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2002-08-02 06:22, David de Leon wrote:
Ah, Scott, you have me intrigued. Thanks for the tip! Yet one more item I must own (is that my wallet I hear screaming?).

Regarding extreme methods (such as multiple Ravens) and magician?s thinking, I have to say that I have been suggested (off-line) at least one rather EASY coin sleight for this thing (which incidentally can be combined with the modified Ramsey subtlety that Michael Sibbernsen suggested).

There is also a silly method which has to do with how you position yourself relative the spectator when you reveal the coin (Docc?s method wouldn?t be anything like this would it?).

Nope. No special positioning (other than the fact that no one should be able to see behind your back when getting the coins ready, that is).

It is fun seeing the various methods that are being suggested, though. It's like a peek into each magician's/mentalist's mind.
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
develish deception is a great trick it was done to me at tannens, and it has a lot of possibilities besides the standard way of performing it, its awesome and ill tell you why.
Because it gets the spectators involved. The first time the magician guesses which hand the coin is in you think... ok it was luck, second time u think, ok luck again, 3rd time u think ok he'll get it wrong this time, 4th time they'll think what the heck is going on,5th time they are determined to make u fail, and 6th they give up and accept u have magic powers (not in any partivualr order), its not a trick where they just sit and watch but one where they are involved and get to challenge the magician, i know the secret to it and i must say its an ingenius idea
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
There's a somewhat cumbersome version of a "coin in the hand" trick in Christian Chelman's "Cappy Tales." I like the method though, and there's a lot of possibilities for streamlining the gimmicks.

I suspect a slightly renovated analog wristwatch could allow someone to make the method more compact. There's also the possibility of using other items besides a coin.
asmayly
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio, Texas
301 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Can anyone tell me what is the thing the spec is holding in their hand (that you guess what hand it's in correctly) since Gauci says it isn't a coin.

-Thanks,
Asmayly
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
it's a small ball...the size of a gum ball....

hope this help...

take care

kuffs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL