The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destinesia Large - Real Time Crib Device For Stage Or Close Up (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Several years ago when performing at a gig, I use a very primitive crib device which aided me when performing bookstests. During the performance, a little girl shouted out that I had a list of words and she could see them. It absolutely killed my confidence with that particular way of cribbing and so I went back to the drawing board. I ended up creating a beautiful James Bond style utility built into an ordinary post-it note pad that would not only hold a much more comprehensive crib, but would also allow me a real time peek, whilst the spectators attention was focused right at the moment I was doing it. But thanks to this ingenious little device, it is totally invisible AND vanishes instantly meaning no one has a chance to see it! As I developed the pad, I noticed I could use it for some super sneaky magic too. One of the most organic add a number pads you can imagine and an awesome visual ink changing pad. The product itself has been developed and developed and now I hand make everything, using a laser cutter to cut the pieces and then hand assembling the pieces. Plastic coated so they last ages and made from the finest card stock I could find.

It became a hugely popular product for me but I had many people asking if it could somehow be built into a larger reports style pad. So I went back tot he drawing board. Assembled all of the best quality materials I could and created the new Destinesia Large pad! Built into a smart black reports pad, you can fit more information inside and gain a real time peek of information with no suspicious moves and without any fear of anyone catching you! Made with super thick card and plastic coated with a leather effect plastic. It blends so well into the pad, you wont even see it when you first look!

With the new Destinesia Large, you receive the Destinesia Folio an inside is a black plastic covered flip pad. Fitted to the pad is a Destinesia Large gimmick. In-front of that, you'll find your Post it note version of Destinesia with the gimmick already installed! In the back compartment, you'll find a printed large crib for Steve Delas All About Eve Booktest and Mother Of All Backtests Pocket (My two preferred backtests) You'll also find a smaller crib included. You'll also find a spare Destinesia Large gimmick and the instructions page. This gives you a link to a downloadable video which teaches you everything you need to know!

I have only released this to my Newsletter followers before today because each set takes a very long time to assemble so stock sells out very quickly!

In the fairness of honesty, I also filmed a video showing you exactly what you receive so you can make an informed decision if this is for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bWfcxd7LeY

To find outmode about Destinesia Large check out: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/destinesialarge

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
902 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Looks great Jamie, congrats
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
THIS IS STUNNING!

I've been using destinesia since it came out and find it an invaluable tool. I use for the EVE booktest mainly now as a back up.
It's in my pocket and at any time if I'm not confident with relying on my memory, it comes out and I'm safe.
This means I can perform with full confidence.
So, that's why I use it.

This pad is a brilliant upgrade for me. I love the size and again, like the post it, you are hiding some very sneaky stuff in a perfectly natural object.

I make a lot of gimmicks, including methods used here but would never think of this application and for that Jamie is a complete genius.

So not only is this something I use every single gig it's also a prop I've taken a lot of inspiration from and who knows what Jamie will come up with next.

10/10 from me on all levels.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
What paper size does the pad uses? Are refill pads available in the States?
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
It’s a really good idea with many more uses than just a crib. It has a lot of possibilities!

Dan
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Aww Steve, you are the bestest! Steves given a couple of awesome tips in the Facebook group too!

magic insight, the size of the pad is pretty standard but I have spares on the site incase you need them! If not, you can just pop the gimmick out (its only held in with double stick tape) and put it into your own pad! Smile

Thank you Dan! The thing with this is, I really do use it and anyone that sees me gig will see one of these on me! I truly believe it to be an invaluable tool!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18244 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Jamie - do you sell the pad gimmick on its own, so I can buy a regular pad of my own liking and pop the gimmick in please?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destinesia Large - Real Time Crib Device For Stage Or Close Up (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL