The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The One Behind Principle (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
In my several published routines using this principle, I always start with three coins, ideally handed to me by a spectator.
I later ditch one and use a sleight or pseudo sleight or gaff to display three.
The final vanish is powerful since there is no coin to hide.

I was introduced to this approach by Harry Shilling in 1957 who used a coin box and rattle gimmick to full advantage.
He would go from four coins to none, one at a time, using various sleights. But at any moment there was already one less than believed.

Several effects in T.U.C. Appreciation use this approach

Also as Larry indicated, the use of Invisibility as a Framing concept works well here.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Dear Funsway, you have given out a "worth its weight in gold " principle here, starting with a number, ditching one and using a false count or gaff to display three. I respect you greatly and the other later contributors who pointed out the need for a better use of principles and magic, of course with the one goal of delivering miracles, not puzzles, to our audience. thanks a million .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The One Behind Principle (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL