The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Square Cirlce Deception (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kannible
View Profile
New user
LAS VEGAS
56 Posts

Profile of Kannible
Hey, Shane W and I are building this effect, and have completed the frame, we need to make the inner tubes, and we are thinking of using poster boards. I want a more sturdy material but don't know what will work. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good material that will be easily made.
Thanks... Kyle
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22048 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How big is the tube? We need more infor. This has been discussed recently on the Café. You could do a search. Some usable tubes can be found at Home Depot according to the posts.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quaker Oats oatmeal tube or similar works very well. Cover it with decorative contact paper or if you prime it first you can spray paint it .
The load tube can be slightly smaller coffee can or other metal can
covered with flock or velvet.

However, as Wmhegbli states above, size is a factor. How large is the outside box (the "square") ?
x303
View Profile
New user
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada.
74 Posts

Profile of x303
Aluminum Chimney tubes different sizes!

Bob
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
There's a load tube!? Smile I'll have to get the dimensions but it is about 1 foot by 1 foot at the base and around 1 1/2-2 foot tall.
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Kroger coffee cans (large regular; smaller decaf) nest perfectly!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Another fine topic dragged from the basement, just in time for those pre-Christmas used magic sales.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Go to http://www.Uline.com
Search the Shipping Tube section. You will find what you need. Sturdy, lightweight and easy to work with. You can cut them to size with a bandsaw if you do not find the proper length you require. Just sand the edges and wrap with a heavy duty colored vinyl for the otter tube and wrap the B/A tube with the sticky back black felt or spray glue standard black felt.
There is my Christmas trade secret for my Café members Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I used 6 inch heating duct for my inner tube and I made my own outer tube from sheet aliminum. You can easily bend "two brakes" in opposite direction, then pull them together to engage/seat them, then pound them down and it has lasted for 5 years and counting. I don't have a professional break but just did it with wood and a hammer.
I have also made a larger SC using heating duct for both tubes.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Home Depot sells concrete form tubes of different diameters. For shipping purposes they construct the tubes to be of slightly greater or smaller diameters of the listed size so that they nest and more could fit in a truck or on a shelf. Example: A 6" tube could vary in diameter from 5" thru 7". These different diameter demensions will give you a closer fit for the inner tube.

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Square Cirlce Deception (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL