The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ThoughtCast pad (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
So here go the new wireless impression pad by thoughtcastapp.com
The ad says:
"The new revolution in wireless impression pads is here! No electronic pens, no pressure sensitivity, and use any pen!
Plus a boatload of features you can't find anywhere else! Know where your spectator is drawing while completely blindfolded,
what they're drawing while your phone looks like it's on the home screen, and there's WATCH SUPPORT!
All at a price that starts at HALF (YES HALF) of the price of any other wireless impression pad out there!"

And so the price is 599$
I think it must be good especially if a smaller versions would be available.
But the size of it could be a problem though

Click here to view attached image.
magic11ryan
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
Omg this looks like a game changer
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3772 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I love my Mindbuster but I must admit this is very interesting.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
I got answer about size:
Height: 10.5 in. (266 mm)
Width: 7.3 in. (186 mm)
Thickness: 0.28 in. (7 mm)
Weight: 13.4 oz (380 g)

So don't think it's a game changer, 380 grams is too much)
But any pen (even crayon and sharpie) and the price are nice.
I think it may be a good choice for someone who want to use table.
And also an idea for the seller - if you can't make it smaller, so make it bigger and it can be used as a stage table for spectators to write.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1565 Posts

Profile of elimagic
For clarity. Yes you can use “any pen” however you have to attatch the sensor ring to the pen.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Not sure the weights such an issue; preordered one, so shall see...
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1276 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I wanted to push te buy-button until I saw that the seller has put the video on Youtube and explained everything to the whole world.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3772 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The video appears to be unlisted so does not show on YouTube in searches. So whilst hosted on YouTube it does not appear to be on show to the whole world.

Weight on the other hand could be a problem. Labco pads may cost a lot but you get what you pay for. Soren’s support is absolutely top notch and the new range of Mindbusters are absolutely awesome.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1276 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Waterloophai wrote:
I wanted to push te buy-button until I saw that the seller has put the video on Youtube and explained everything to the whole world.

Indeed, the video appears to be unlisted so does not show on YouTube in searches.
I was a little to quick with my criticism.
Apologies to the creator.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
102 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Just Pre-ordered one myself- looking forward to testing out this product. According to the creator they are closing pre-orders on the 15th and hope to have them shipped out a week or so after that.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
The video appears to be unlisted so does not show on YouTube in searches. So whilst hosted on YouTube it does not appear to be on show to the whole world.

Weight on the other hand could be a problem. Labco pads may cost a lot but you get what you pay for. Soren’s support is absolutely top notch and the new range of Mindbusters are absolutely awesome.

Mark

I agree with you 100%. You cannot beat Labco for quality and service for this type of device. Period. One question I have is how do you put that ring on a pen and not have it stick out like a sore thumb? Thanks.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1411 Posts

Profile of Jared
I love my Mindbuster (the new clipboard version). It was a terrific purchase and it works reliably. But the low price of this offering is quite intriguing. However, I didn't care for the ring magnet solution for the pen. I would opt to buy one of the deluxe packages that have the magnet inside the pen such as the Sharpie. For my money, you're better off spending the extra cash to have everything self-contained.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
102 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Yes that is the package I purchased. You may also be able to use a gimmicked pen like used with the parapad.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12329 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, magic11ryan wrote:
Omg this looks like a game changer

Scrabble?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This look promising indeed. But I've sworn off pre-orders. Not willing to spend - in this case hundreds of dollars, on something not yet road tested or reviewed by people who have actually purchased it.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2018, Stunninger wrote:
This look promising indeed. But I've sworn off pre-orders. Not willing to spend - in this case hundreds of dollars, on something not yet road tested or reviewed by people who have actually purchased it.

I've done that for a while and it is a good idea. No kickstarters for me either.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
102 Posts

Profile of ckelley
From checking in on their private fb group it seems several people have been beta testing in shows with good results
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MRAC
I had the board for a few month now. Will not discuss anything here but you can PM me if you want.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The ThoughtCast Ad states:-

Quote:
This is the ThoughtCast app and Watch Mode Upgrade, for users who already own a . . Slate . . . This does not include any hardware.

ThoughtCast Base App + Watch Mode - Price $549.00

It will be worth noting that you are paying a whooping $550 JUST for the special App package developed for an already available commercial item. Plus you need to add the cost of Hardware i.e $200.

The commercially available Slate has its own App for iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC and Android (presently for a limited select Android phone devices). I see no sense in wasting ones own hard earned money for a an App that has some extra additional features (which might be useful for the few highly professionals). But for the rest, I would suggest making use of the Slate and its own App. I have the Slate and its own App is very adequate for gaining the desired info in real-time. I personally feel that the exorbitantly priced ThoughtCast App is meant for the Rich-n-Famous mentalist.

As seen in the demo video, it will be worth noting that no special thought has been given with regards to camouflage and concealment of the Slate. The Slate is merrily slipped into a folio type pad and that's it.

For those who are interested in such a device, I would like to suggest that one checkout the "e-Sorcery By Ian Hamilton - DIY electronic peek Whiteboard/Blackboard" - ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9671 ). For $30 you will learn and understand the basics of a full fledged working system which is very cleverly disguised. It will also help you take an educated decision.

These are my very personal thoughts on the subject, take it if you like it or please lets move on.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
paul1804
View Profile
New user
Manchester England
3 Posts

Profile of paul1804
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
The ThoughtCast Ad states:-

Quote:
This is the ThoughtCast app and Watch Mode Upgrade, for users who already own a . . Slate . . . This does not include any hardware.

ThoughtCast Base App + Watch Mode - Price $549.00

It will be worth noting that you are paying a whooping $550 JUST for the special App package developed for an already available commercial item. Plus you need to add the cost of Hardware i.e $200.

The commercially available Slate has its own App for iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC and Android (presently for a limited select Android phone devices). I see no sense in wasting ones own hard earned money for a an App that has some extra additional features (which might be useful for the few highly professionals). But for the rest, I would suggest making use of the Slate and its own App. I have the Slate and its own App is very adequate for gaining the desired info in real-time. I personally feel that the exorbitantly priced ThoughtCast App is meant for the Rich-n-Famous mentalist.

As seen in the demo video, it will be worth noting that no special thought has been given with regards to camouflage and concealment of the Slate. The Slate is merrily slipped into a folio type pad and that's it.

For those who are interested in such a device, I would like to suggest that one checkout the "e-Sorcery By Ian Hamilton - DIY electronic peek Whiteboard/Blackboard" - ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9671 ). For $30 you will learn and understand the basics of a full fledged working system which is very cleverly disguised. It will also help you take an educated decision.

These are my very personal thoughts on the subject, take it if you like it or please lets move on.

Smile

Hi, I think you misunderstood the ad for Thoughtcast.
The basic package which is $599.00 does include the impression device. A spare board is available for $200, what it states is that you must already own the Thoughtcast system to use the board.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ThoughtCast pad (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL