The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Skeletons From the Closet - Issue Two (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
That was either a direct provocation or my name's Billy Idol (?). When I've been planning on releasing #4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 all at once and something like this occurs...

I have been deliberately quiet and not posting lately because I am all out of sorts and it's not wise for me to be speaking with people when I am like this.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hey sudo, be kind to yourself, this'll pass...and this place isn't worth your emotional energies right now...go and do what is healthiest for you right now as best you can...
I've asked to be banned
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Well. Sorry about that. I asked first to be sure, and then I hope this servers at least to clarify if anybody had the same doubt as I had. I loved #3 and that's why my interest.
GazelleR
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
130 Posts

Profile of GazelleR
Sudo, please consider Iain's advice. As eager as we all are to to benefit from the wonderful insights that you present in "Skeletons From The Closet", your health and well-being are worth so much more.
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Please note that Sudo made it clear that previous issues will be sold once a new issue is released.

It's Sudo's generosity that he shares his work with us. We CANNOT share his work with anyone. Never!
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
If previous issues are needed, contact Sudo and buy them. They are worth your investment. If he has shared them with you, be thankful to him and appreciate his creativity and thought process.

No one has the right to share his work.
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Hey sudo, be kind to yourself, this'll pass...and this place isn't worth your emotional energies right now...go and do what is healthiest for you right now as best you can...

Iain - thank you. Sincerely.

To everyone else: I'm 'ok' and everything is 'fine'. In the grand scheme of things, I may have likely over-reacted a little (?) as I'm prone to do so very often. But just for the record, if you'd like something from me - just ask. It may take me some time to get back to you - but I always do so eventually. It's just that I can only handle some things - like this place - in small doses sometimes. Not that there's something wrong with the Café (there isn't), it's just 'me'.

People will share files with friends. Most deny it, but it happens often and is commonplace. I don't care about that one bit - it goes with the territory and times we live in. It is absolute foolishness for anybody to release work through a digital medium these days and expect otherwise. Just don't put it in my face is all I ask. Smile

Have a great day people.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Once again please accept you all my apologies. It really was an innocent question, I guess as initial distribution was "free" (I got #3 from pm'ing Sudo directly) I assumed it was OK to ask. In fact I asked for the previous issues directly also to Sudo, but I got no answer and really didn't want to bother anymore.

English is not my 1st language, that doesn't help either.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2018, Recoplon wrote:
Once again please accept you all my apologies. It really was an innocent question, I guess as initial distribution was "free" (I got #3 from pm'ing Sudo directly) I assumed it was OK to ask. In fact I asked for the previous issues directly also to Sudo, but I got no answer and really didn't want to bother anymore.

English is not my 1st language, that doesn't help either.

I understand and there's no need for apologies - though I appreciate the gesture. I haven't really been replying to anyone's messages for a while now for the most part. It wasn't just you. I realize that I'm not always the easiest person to understand for those who haven't gotten to know me a little. I don't mean to be so complicated. It always seems that no matter what I do, it results in some sort of controversy - even if I'm simply being quiet and keeping to myself. Everyone's always upset with me for some reason or other no matter what I do - good or bad. It's hopeless. If you can hold on a few days or so, I promise to get you sorted out with those back issues, ok?
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I've thought about this some more...

I started this project as an act of good will and good intention and I meant it. My personal life has always been a complete and utter mess and I've made a lot of terrible mistakes and choices in my life. I figured that doing this was a way of salvaging something decent and good out of this mess. I don't enjoy feeling upset or having hard feelings with anyone - I already have enough on my plate. So if you guys want to share these with each other, then knock yourself out - with my blessing. But only Skeletons may be shared - not any of my other works. I am clearly not in this for financial gain and never have been. My life has always revolved around the constant search for brief moments of temporary happiness and internal peace that money simply cannot buy.

That said, I won't get into details but if people want to occasionally purchase something from my site or send a donation it would be greatly appreciated more than you know. I rebuilt my site a few months ago and have only uploaded one back issue of Skeletons and one other release. Again, further proof that I am not financially driven or I would have already uploaded all the other things to my site that *should've* been up already.

I'm grateful to have a small audience of readers who seem to enjoy what I have to offer in my work. The only thing that could make me happier at this point is if some of this material actually gets used to bring wonder to the faces of others through their use in performance. The world is so woefully short of wonder these days...

I've probably said far too much here that I will be embarrassed by when I read it tomorrow - but it's the truth.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Just started reading this and what a start! Effect one of issue 1 is beautiful. Thanks for all this great work Sudo!
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Devereaux
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
67 Posts

Profile of Devereaux
Not sure if this post is still being followed, but I stumbled on this thread searching for chess routines and fell in love with the premise that Sudo described. I reached out via PM last week but not sure if his mailbox is full or not?

I have purchased numerous of his other effects yet never heard of this one before. Although I know he said "Skeletons" could be shared, I would rather go directly to him...willing to purchase.

Sudo, if you happen to see this, I hope you are well and always look forward to discovering your work!

Greg
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Devereaux
Not sure this is what you're looking for but are you family with "the Grand Master Gambit" by Brian Watson in SYZYGY?
Definitely has a chess premise.

Found it on page 63 of SYZYGY the First Five Volumes or Volume 1, Number 14.

Hope this helps...
Cheers,
Larry
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Ooopppsss
i.e. FAMILIAR...
" 'family with "the Grand Master Gambit' "
Devereaux
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
67 Posts

Profile of Devereaux
Thanks H20design- I am familiar with that one as I have the SYZYGY and it is great as a quicker one phase effect. I was able to purchase En Passant with help of another Café member with money going to Sudo. I love it-- it greatly expands on the idea with a full three phase routine with the opportunity to do reveals in a plethora of ways. One of the reveals for the phase of predicting the order of the pieces could be done with TAP (Architect of Predictions) although I have not tried it in performance and not entirely sure a photo on your phone would be appropriate in the context of the routine, but it does offer a perfect prediction.
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
That sounds Smile Devereaux

Good luck using this and stay Safe!

Larry
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Hi guys,

Am interested in En Passant; tried contacting Sudo via email and PM too. Anyone knows if this routine is available for purchase somewhere?

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Sudo is a very nice guy with a whole lot piled on him. I don’t currently have a way to contact him instantly, but give it a bit of time. I’ve had it take months to get an answer, but so far he has always gotten back to me, even if not right away.

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Skeletons From the Closet - Issue Two (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL