We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » As the Crow Flies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Who knows about this book by Raymonde Crow?
Any review about this one?
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
You might ask him. He's here on the Café under the name Darrin Cook.
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Yes, I'm here. The book was recently reviewed by David Regal in the April 2004 issue of Genii magazine. He concludes with the following: "Good tricks, good writing, good illustrations, good price." Shane of online-visions.com gives it a 9 out of 10.

The book features the routines that I use for my restaurant work, with an emphasis on engaging presentations and practicality. Since I am an unknown, the book has been priced to give the potential buyer a very tempting offer.

I'd be glad to answer any questions, and I'm willing to support purchasers in any way that I can.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I own the book and have found it invaluable. I especially like the work with Chocolate Coins, and tasetful Coins Across. All of the stuff is very practical, and you will more than likely actually use all of it.
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
254 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
I also own the book, and I love the material. I suggest this book to anyone looking to get involved in restaurant magic.
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Thanks, Ugdini and Zombie Boy.

Although some of the routines have changed and new routines have been added, I regularly perform the material in the book on a working-for-tips basis. If it doesn't entertain and fool, I don't get paid. I can say the the routines get laughs, entertain, and fool.

Check out "Dead Kennedys" and "Mother-In-Law Who Would Not Die." These are funny, very fooling effects that work without reset. I've got a ton of mileage out of these.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I have been on the fense with this for quite some time.

What throws me is that the guy who wrote the book is David Cook, yet the title is the magic of Raymonde Crow.

Can someone explain to me the relevance this has with Raymonde Crow? Is it David's performance name or something? Or is it a play on Raymond Crow who was featured on Magic magazine and does the naked Zombie ball?

Forgive for my ignorance here if any..Just curious....
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I believe this is just a stage name. The material is top-notch, and one of the nice things is that he organizes everything into sets, depending on the type of audience. I love his presentation for the ambitious card, "The Mother-in-Law Who Would Not Die", and his "Dead Kennedys" almost makes me want to go back to using kennedy halfs instead of Morgans. This is one of the best books on restaurant magic you will find and certainly well worth the price.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Solrak,

First, it's Darrin Cook, not David Cook. David Cook is the due who won American Idol last year. Second, his real name is Darrin J. Cook. His "magician" name is Raymonde Crow. There is, apparently, also an Australian magician named Raymond Crowe, where the "e" is at the end of the last name instead of at the end of the first name. That may be the source of your confusion.

I edited, laid out, and published this book (and helped Darrin on some of the patter), so I am obviously biased, but I can tell you that it is full of strong material. I've seen Darrin/Raymonde perform it in the real-world and it gets the money. I wouldn't have put my name on it as the publisher if I didn't think it was good stuff.

As the Crow Flies is currently available as an instant download eBook on the "Books" page of my website for a mere $20. As others have said, it is well worth the small investment. http://www.scottfguinn.com

You might also be interested in his sequel, "The Bird's Eye" available a little farther down the same page. More great routines, tips and advice, and also only $20.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Thanks for the clarification, I will definatley check it out....
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » As the Crow Flies (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL