The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
CardCarrier
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of CardCarrier
Looking forward to the Penguin Live Act for Paul - noticed the trailer is up!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Me too. He always presents you with thought provoking effects.
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
I'm very pleased to announce that at long last my Alakazam Academy, "A.C.T.S of Mentalism", that I filmed back in April, is now available as a download.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-marc-......ril.html

Almost 9 hours of content. Here's what one reviewer said:

"One of the best Mentalism lectures I've seen. The material is so clever, and the teaching is so thorough. The billet work instruction alone is worth the price of the entire course. This is real-world Mentalism that you can tell has been tested and perfected through actual performance. I was a fan of Marc Paul's thinking before, but this lecture solidifies him as one of the Greats in my mind." Fred Bert.

Thanks Fred...you made my day!
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
These videos are real nuggets: I always had a weakness for billet work but your thinking behind each routine is absolutely fabulous (the passages concerning Telepathy Plus and Challenge Thought 2 must not be missed on any pretext). In all honesty, it had been a long time since I had enjoyed watching mentalism videos so much. You have created 2 videos henceforth unavoidable for anyone interested in billet work. Congrats Marc!
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2018, bofx wrote:
These videos are real nuggets: I always had a weakness for billet work but your thinking behind each routine is absolutely fabulous (the passages concerning Telepathy Plus and Challenge Thought 2 must not be missed on any pretext). In all honesty, it had been a long time since I had enjoyed watching mentalism videos so much. You have created 2 videos henceforth unavoidable for anyone interested in billet work. Congrats Marc!

Here's the thing about Marc's online lectures. The three online lectures that I have recently seen (Penguin Live, Alakazam Academy, Penguin Live ACT) are all amazing. There is a small bit of overlap but that is actually a benefit in context of witnessing the evolution of effects.

That being said, my personal favorite is still the Academy course but the other two are definitely must-haves in my opinion.

I agree with bofx regarding Telepathy Plus and CT2 from the Academy course, so SO good!
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
60 Posts

Profile of garys
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, marcpaul wrote:
I'm very pleased to announce that at long last my Alakazam Academy, "A.C.T.S of Mentalism", that I filmed back in April, is now available as a download.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-marc-......ril.html

Almost 9 hours of content.

Marc thanks, this is a great lecture. Thank you for sharing your closing close up effect. I finally got around to buying the deck last week. I am already using this now. I am like most magicians, buy loads of stuff but never use most it. That fact that I am using your closing effect is a testament to how great your teaching is and how strong the effects are. I will also be using a number of items that you taught.

It's good to know that everyone can buy this Alakazam Academy once again. I would highly recommend this to anyone whatever your level.
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
THIS IS A TREASURE!!!
8 hours of material and advice and his experience that you can keep for a life time… and for this price!
Thanks Marc.
Cheers
Pourang
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
Very nice and professional material. I am satisfied with purchase.
aks
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of aks
Excellent material!

I met Marc maybe 16 years ago at the Young Magic Circle when I did more close up, he showed me my first mentalist routine and to this day I still speak about it.

Excellent material, well worth the money even just for the billet techniques.
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
76 Posts

Profile of Karli
Tried this 4DT with 3 envelopes yesterday with Nick Einhorns variation and I gotta say that its a lot of things to remember that way. 2 pictures and 2 words at the same time in the correct order. If you can do that, really good.
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Karli,
I know you are probably fine with the memory work but for those who are not here are a couple of solutions...
Switch from Nick's handling back to my original handling and that means you only have to remember two pieces of information OR stick with Nick's but only have them draw a picture (rather than a picture AND a word) that will also bring the memorization back down to two pieces of information.
The routine really is very flexible and can be changed easily for individual needs.
I hope that helps.
Marc
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of Lior
Always better to learn from a real world workers.
I know Marc for many years now and I love his
thinking and they way he build his routines.
I just got it from Alakazam. Great stuff.
Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I would not have taken billet work seriously without Marc Paul's course. A bit late to review it. I had seen tons of things, the best materials, on billets but my real world sensibilities told me they were simply not convincing or professional. Enter Mr. Paul. Superb handlings which also show how high the bar should be set in modern billet work. FRankly, I was tired of all the propless 1000 question "mentalism" and amateur presentations. This was the opposite. Superb. Marc is also a scholar and gentleman as well.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1245 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I got it by download. It was a very good lecture.
Honesty, I am a fan of Marc Paul, I like his stile and material.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
This is the trick. Marc Paul's mentalism seems just like the real thing.
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
It is BRILLIANT. The best video/workshop/download I EVER bought on mentalism!!! I can now finally update/upgrade my 4DT and Name/Place... guys, if you pass this by you REALLY miss out. Watching these 9 hours of Marc Paul at the Alakazam Academy was as meaningful and useful to me like meeting Bob Cassidy 25 years ago and seeing and learning some of his effects. 10/10. 100% recommended.
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
78 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Absolut Fantastic ! The thinking behind Telepathy Plus and Challenge Thought 2 is beyond awesome. And with Name and Place you get a nice performance variation of an all time classic.
For a beginner you also get a jump start in billet technique.

A lot of value for the money. This lesson / workshop definitly stands out ! So fully agreed with all others: 10/10. 100% recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL