We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Outlaw (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Is Outlaw still in business?
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
They have a website. But that doesn't make it a 'business' by any normal meaning.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Sad what’s happening to someone who provedex such good service in the past.
balzar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of balzar
I would like to acquire "Down the hatch" by Brynmore.
Is this best done through Outlaw Effects?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
241 Posts

Profile of greerj
He is on the Café, as Brynmore14, I believe. He will probably answer this himself, but you could always send him a pm. Pm me if you need help with searching for how to do that.
balzar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of balzar
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2018, greerj wrote:
He is on the Café, as Brynmore14, I believe. He will probably answer this himself, but you could always send him a pm. Pm me if you need help with searching for how to do that.

Thank you greerj. I have done as you suggested. I appreciate your help.
jedburg
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jedburg
Coming in to this thread a little late. Be careful before you buy from Outlaw. I ordered a set of coins from him back before Christmas and he has yet to send them. I've emailed him dozens of times and gotten lots of excuses. He's since stopped replying at all. There are other threads where others are in a similar situation. On a positive note I was able to find Down The Hatch and the Roxanne Effect from Brynmore and they are both amazing!
Terrormaster
View Profile
Regular user
New England
139 Posts

Profile of Terrormaster
Definitely do not order direct from Outlaw, most of their products were created by third parties on commission. Inquire about what product you're looking for here and if the original creator is around these parts they'll most likely reply and help where possible. Bryn's a great fella (and the creator of the effect you're looking for). If he can help he will.

-TM
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Im selling an unused Deadwood on ebay at the moment if anyone is interested!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
What a fantastic prop! I'm not sure if Tim created it or not, but I no longer see it on the Outlaw Effects site. Were the rights for this also bought by Gemini Artifacts?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
bud.scott
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Daisydog wrote:
Im selling an unused Deadwood on ebay at the moment if anyone is interested!

Yeah, I have it in my watch list, but with shipping to the US it's out of my price range.

I'd love to have it, if it doesn't sell give me a ding.

Bud
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
73 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
What a fantastic prop! I'm not sure if Tim created it or not, but I no longer see it on the Outlaw Effects site. Were the rights for this also bought by Gemini Artifacts?

I don't think so, it's not listed in the message send by Vic, like the rest of the wooden items.
Tim builded it but I don't know if the original idea / concept was from him or Rick Rothbart, and who own the rights.

What a fantastic prop indeed !

Pascal
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Deadwood is a Gemini item as well. Originally conceived by Paul Noffsinger, I received the rights over a year ago along with the Haunted Doll.
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
For my part (idea and $$$ to start production) in DEADWOOD, I was promised THREE boards. I only received one. But, I am glad that several made it out into the world and that it gets some love from the people that own it. I hope that one day we get to produce it again. When given the opportunity to transfer the rights to DEADWOOD (and the rights to several other OUTLAW products that I owned) to Vic, I didn't think twice. Vic is one of the most trustworthy and honest people I know. I have 100% trust and confidence in Vic and Gemini and am so proud to be just a small part of Gemini's expanding product line.
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
73 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
That's great, thanks for the information Vic.
A release is planned in the near or more distant future ?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Watching this entire transition from OE to Gemini take place is for our small bizarre family, quite historical. Five or ten years from now after Gemini has continued to grow and bring us these now classic props and even more innovative magic, we'll look back at this journey and "remember when."
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2018, Pascal974 wrote:
That's great, thanks for the information Vic.
A release is planned in the near or more distant future ?

You never know but I doubt it. If I recall those were made by Karl F. who no longer produces effects any longer. But never say never..
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
73 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
Yes that's right, concept by Paul Noffsinger and produced by Karl Feret.

May I ask you a question Vic ?
What should I do if I've got an idea / a concept, but don't know how to produce it, or whether this is feasible or simply a good idea ?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Vic, can you say why Karl stopped building? It's a shame as I always liked his work.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Sorry to have missed this thread,but if anyone wants Down the Hatch, you can indeed get it direct from me. Just shoot me a pm and I'll happily help. Thanks for your interest in my effects. The Roxanne Effect is available through Vic too Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Outlaw (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL