The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New to bazaar magic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rkp
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of rkp
Very new to this genre and am wondering if Gemini effects is a reliable dealer. Some of the effects interest me, especially from Paul prater. Any concerns with ordering from these folks? Good customer service? Thanks in advance.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Gemini is one of the best in the bizarre biz. Order with confidence.

And welcome to the spooky side.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3214 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2018, rkp wrote:
Very new to this genre and am wondering if Gemini effects is a reliable dealer. Some of the effects interest me, especially from Paul prater. Any concerns with ordering from these folks? Good customer service? Thanks in advance.

You will find no problem with Gemini. However, stay away from Outlaw, as they are not dependable any more.

Hope this helps.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
240 Posts

Profile of greerj
Agree. Order from Gemini without worries. They deliver quickly and stand by their work.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome rkp! This is my favorite table in the Café. A lot of very smart, talented, and nice people. Beware of weepinwil though. His humor can be very deadpan.

You will soon come to realize that Gemini Effects is one of best dealers we have, and they represent many reputable creators. Paul Prater is a fantastic performer, and his props are equally masterful. He puts pride in his work and it shows. weepinwil speaks truth regarding Outlaw Effects. While their inventory seems vast, you will be very lucky if you receive what you paid for. Over the years they have come to earn a reputation that matches their name. However, at their peak when they actually made props, one of their master craftsman, Tim Wisseman, now works for Gemini. And his work is stellar.

Another dealer (such a cheap term in this case) to admire and cherish is Lebanon Circle ( https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk ). Dan and his team of creators deliver some of the best props in the bizarre world.

There are many other reputable dealers including Black Hart ( http://www.blackhart.co.uk ), and Vince Wilson's The Shadow Bizarre ( http://shadowbizarre.com ). For many more visit here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14 , or here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14 . A lot to take in and learn about.

Keep in mind, while there are a lot of posts here regarding props, and buying and selling, we also welcome with great interest, more intellectual posts regarding presentation ideas, effect premises, philosophy, interesting sites that feed into our art form. The props are seductive (I know...I am a collector and eat this stuff up), but the performance of what we do is what will evolve this kind of magic. We have seen many a great practitioner drift away from the Café because they felt this area was becoming too commercial and an area for pitching products. Again, I am guilty as charged as I have posted many a review, but I do try to post regarding other content as well, even as simple as a film, article, or book that me be of interest. After all, when all is said and done, knowledge is the most valuable collectable.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3214 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote: Beware of weepinwil though. His humor can be very deadpan.

You strike at my very heart, and after I was good enough to offer you a half price burial, if you would only agree to share a coffin with a stranger. I still love you though and will always be the last to let you down. "Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the crematory oven!"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Don't get dirty with your humor Willie. I refuse to get soiled by your commentary, or buried by some grave complaint you have.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3214 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
It is usually my customers that have a grave complaint.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Fair enough. I can dig it.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3214 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Novel Idea! A dig your own grave discount. Thanks for the idea.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm glad you understand my plot.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3214 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Not only understand it, but also will dig it.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
173 Posts

Profile of Station10
I will humbly throw out my offerings for you and others to consider too: www.blindeyemagi.com
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Alright. I could find myself being grounded to that link...
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
459 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Welcome to the genre of Bizarre Magic rkp.

Three pieces of advice.

Develop your own style and character. I think it was the late great Toni Andruzzi (Maskelyn ye Mage) who said something along the lines of - "Be something you are not, rather than someone you are not."

Also another of the late greats, Eugene Burger - "Less is more".

People love to be scarred a little.

Good luck.

Keith Hart (The Black Hart)
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1238 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Just because he didn't mention it,
Black Hart also offers some top notch products (his Black books are worth their weight in souls)
you can also leave your worries at the door as he is definitely a trustworthy gent.
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
rkp
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of rkp
I greatly appreciate everyone's insight and most helpful advice. I absolutely love the story telling involved in these type of effects. Look forward to ordering from Gemini Effects. I placed an order with Outlaw a couple of years ago and noticed at that time how bad their customer service was. Obviously, customers should not pay for a product and then have to spend weeks prodding the vendor as to why the order has not been shipped. Kudos to forums like this that allow for honest feed back on not only the effects, but also the vendors. Thank you again!
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
329 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Modestly here are books that can give you practical help.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/teb3

And LuLu is having a 20% off sale that ends tonight. Just use the code TWENTY18 when ordering for the discount. Note no space between the word and number.

Bigger Book of BOO! is considered a classic and Hidden Things shows a different take on things. Travelers Journal is a real trip around the World. And the new one MAM gives you a pile of spooky effects built around stories. Slash, Hack & Saw is a how to build things tutorial.

T. Everett Bookings, III
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2111 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I just want to throw in my support of what all these fine folks have said. Most of my favorite people in the world travel these darkened halls and most of them are top notch chaps and ladies.

Another bizarre friend to look in to is Paul Voodini. http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
It's a long way to where I'm going
443 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Rkp, good luck on finding your path! Don't forget to check out the Alchemy Moon products by Chris Gould. Regards, Luc.

PS for Weepinwil. Last week, I visited a cemetery with a friend. He wanted to visit the remains of his father. I only saw the names of his father's parents mentioned on the grave stone. My friend said that his father wanted to be cremated and spread out on the grave of his parents. My friend put his father's ashes in two flower pots and planted boxwood on top of the ashes. However, apparently one of the flower pots was stolen. So half of his father now probably resides in someone's garden or may be even inside somebody's house. Spooky!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New to bazaar magic (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL