The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
64 Posts

Profile of cho7
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, cho7 wrote:
My other concern is that I read a review which was saying that you can do this with a borrowed deck. No you can't, unless you somehow "alter" the deck of your friend, but according to my personal definition of "borrowed-deck-friendly-trick" this trick is not one of them.

This ABSOLUTELY can be done with a borrowed deck. It is entirely possible you missed the tip as to how that is possible.

It was so long and boring that I play it fast forward, so I may have missed the tip, yes Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Full review coming shortly.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
163 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Everyone,

I'm truly excited to share this with you all.

Yes - this is a Magician fooler but more importantly, it's a fun, easy routine that real people love.

If you see me lecture on my US lecture tour that I'm currently on you will see this live, I know you'll love it.

Thanks all.

C
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I don't know Chris personally, but have Skyped with him a few times, back when he was going to release IDD.

Chris is a smart cookie, who has some great material out there.

I must admit the only routine of Chris's that I have used in the past is IDD, but this One Card Poker will be my second.

Basically, what you see in the demo is what you get.

You can use your own deck, or with a little imagination if you want to fool your fellow magicians, you can borrow a deck and do this.

This is something that will totally fry laymen and magicians because of the structuring of the routine and all the shuffling that is done.

The method is 2 parts, and I like the way that it is layered, very beautifully pieced together.

This is something that you will use and be ready to rock and roll anytime anywhere.

You can do everything hands off, and you don't even have to touch the deck.

For $9.95 this is a no brainer. highly recommended, and worthy of study.

Chris credits all the right people for this sort of effect, from Chad Long, to Ben Earl, and more.

Great download, and well worth the price.

Love these types of effects that seem so fair.

This is the type of magic you would probably see buried in a Steve Beam Semi Automatic book.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
64 Posts

Profile of cho7
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, cho7 wrote:
My other concern is that I read a review which was saying that you can do this with a borrowed deck. No you can't, unless you somehow "alter" the deck of your friend, but according to my personal definition of "borrowed-deck-friendly-trick" this trick is not one of them.

This ABSOLUTELY can be done with a borrowed deck. It is entirely possible you missed the tip as to how that is possible.

I replayed the video, sorry I'm still missing the part where he says something about this. To be honest, I'm still playing it with a lot of fast forwards because I can't possibly watch a 1-hour long video for such a simple trick.

I think this trick is not for me anyway. BTW I don't think it' a magician fooler too, while there are several card tricks on P3 which wow-ed me, this one is not one of them. But I guess it will depend of magic history and habits of each of us.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Best it remains a secret from you, then. Some things you should have to at least put the work of watching a one hour video in. If you can’t do that well, I just don’t know...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1893 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just bought this and love it...I especially like the fact that it includes several live performances, so you can get a better understanding of the flow of the routine.
Maybe not for everyone, but I'm happy I bought this, and will def use it.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It's hard to take people seriously that can't be arsed watching an hour vid and giving it a go...

I liked it, very minor set up...you can do it impromptu, but a) what normal person owns a deck? B) bring your own tools to the table, you've been hired

I have an idea for a subtle wordy version of this using flash cards...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there a requirement to p@@m the aces whilst the remainder of the deck is shuffled?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Is there a requirement to p@@m the aces whilst the remainder of the deck is shuffled?

Nope. And nothing has to go back into the case either.
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4835 Posts

Profile of RNK
So is there a full uncut demo of this? I am only asking because some here are saying that this is a magicians fooler. If that is the case then I would think there would not be a problem showing a full uncut performance vid? Fair?

RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very good point Bob. Thank you Iain.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
A full uncut demo would not reveal any useful info to you. This is GOOD. Best $ spent on a single effect.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
163 Posts

Hey Everyone,

So I have a day off from my USA Lecture tour, and wanted to check in again.

Cho7 - I've spent many years thinking about my Magic. The things I really perform like this, and everything else, I could talk about for much longer than an hour. I'm glad that you like the effect, and by no means do you have to watch the whole thing however...I've read, watched, re watched, re read, thought about and re examined every piece of Magic & Mentalism I've seriously wanted to perform, spending much longer than an hour doing those things above. I always try to over deliver, as I wuld rather give you a full download with every detail covered than not.

Also remember that this download is aimed at multiple skill levels and multiple levels of understanding.

I hope some of you make it out to one of my lectures and see this live.

What I LOVE about this routine is the playful presentation I've created, that ends with a VERY surprising conclusion.

In buying this or watching the trailer you already know the end result, but spectators see the production of four aces as a total surprise, and that's why this get's such great reactions.

I'm so happy to hear that so many are already using this.

I appreciate the support.

Christopher
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I hope christopher you can make it to Long island NY
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well it’s very reasonably priced, and unlike most Penguin products there’s no useless (to us anyway) items sent in the post.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4835 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, MitchC wrote:
A full uncut demo would not reveal any useful info to you. This is GOOD. Best $ spent on a single effect.

Lol. Really? If you think I am looking to suss the method out you are greatly mistaken MitchC. If it's really that good and a magician's fooler there should be no reason and uncut demo video cannot be posted. When the Creator makes the statement that this is a magician's fooler then my thoughts are let's see a full demo video.

As a matter of fact you just stated that an uncut video will not reveal anything so apparently you must agree that and uncut demo video can be posted?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4646 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Lol. Really? If you think I am looking to suss the method out you are greatly mistaken MitchC. If it's really that good and a magician's fooler there should be no reason and uncut demo video cannot be posted. When the Creator makes the statement that this is a magician's fooler then my thoughts are let's see a full demo video.

As a matter of fact you just stated that an uncut video will not reveal anything so apparently you must agree that and uncut demo video can be posted?

But it's important to remember that what very well may be a magician fooler after the first viewing may not continue to be after repeated viewings so I can understand why a full demo is often not provided in these instances.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
927 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, videoman wrote:

But it's important to remember that what very well may be a magician fooler after the first viewing may not continue to be after repeated viewings so I can understand why a full demo is often not provided in these instances.

That's a GREAT point, videoman!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
163 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I could not have said this better myself. Trailers are not here to give out free Magic. The OCP trailer is very fair, the effect is as shown and described.

And RNK - it's less than $10... I would understand your viewpoint if we were asking $100 or $1000.

I hope that helps.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL