The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1647 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Gotta laugh at all these people demanding "full performance demonstrations" before parting with their cash. We oldies remember the printed catalogues, The number of times I was burned as a youth by a description that made it sound like I was buying REAL MAGIC!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1647 Posts

Profile of Ross W
One question about this: how practical is this to put either before or after other tricks, without a deck switch?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Very easy... incredibly easy set up..
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1275 Posts

Profile of Jared
I watched this last night and my gosh talk about OVERKILL! While the trick itself is pretty good I was practically screaming at my computer monitor for having to watch 1 hour and 7 minutes of Chris's explanation. This was already mentioned before but honestly 15-minutes would have been a generous amount of time for the performance, credits, and explanation. If nothing else, why couldn't they have divided this into two segments: (1) quick explanation, and (2) detailed explanation? Honestly, this was borderline torture.
castype
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of castype
I felt the same way. I must have said 'OK we get it!!!' out loud 20 times. Pretty decent trick regardless.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
163 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
I'd rather be thorough than not. Smile
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
924 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Ross W wrote:
...We oldies remember the printed catalogues, The number of times I was burned as a youth by a description that made it sound like I was buying REAL MAGIC!

I guess you're right, Ross, I AM getting old. I remember the old 'Abbott's' catalog. Easily an inch (2.54cm for my European friends) thick. The overwhelming majority of the effects were pretty bad (sorry, Percy), but God did I love when that catalog arrived at my doorstep.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
I finally got around to checking this out and I have to say that I do like this. Nothing knuckle busting that allows you to concentrate on your performance. I do apologize to Chris for giving him a hard time. Though, I do think a full demo could have been released without most not being able to backtrack and figure this out. I do think this is practical and the deck can be used for other effects.

Overall a very nice release Chris!

RNK
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Ross W wrote:
One question about this: how practical is this to put either before or after other tricks, without a deck switch?

no deck switch needed. 30 second set-up.

J
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Good trick, especially for 10 bucks. I do wish there would be a less suspicious way of burning the cards. (Any ideas?) I do love the "card you could have picked" reveal though. I did the trick on some friends... it was not a "hard" audience, but they really enjoyed it. (I am a hobbyist.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL