The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9736

Spectators find four aces from a shuffled deck. Hope it's really that good. Any reviews?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Chris lectured here in NC recently and fooled the room with this. I bought his notes on it for 2x the price of the Penguin download and am very happy with it. Easy to do, and some great thinking in the routine.
Kevin Reylek
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It really is that good. There is so much room to venture presentationally. I don’t get excited over card tricks, but this one is something I’m really excited about.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does this require multiple specs to perform??
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3133 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Does this require multiple specs to perform??

Good question. Can it be adapted to a one on one performance?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Could you deal three poker hands to one person? 'Ever play Blackjack and split your hand? It's merely an Ace assembly not a 'tossed out' assembly.

Here is another assembly by the Late Great Eugene Burger. Do you think one spec could be the helper through the whole effect as if it were a one on one demo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGaJ90rXoAU
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This really is a wonderfully choreographed piece of magic! Perfect for dinner situations! Highly recommend!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok, apart from the usual recommendations, can anybody answer the question, can this be performed on a SIngle spec?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yes, can absolutely be done one-on-one
Kevin Reylek
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
As Kevin said, it's perfect for just one person - We had a lot of groups and couples that evening, but there is also a performance (it's in the trailer) where he shows just one guy as his friend wasn't too keen about being on camera!

When working with groups; Chris gets everyone involved in the shuffling, but when it's just one person; they do the shuffling all by themselves. Doesn't affect the effect in any way at all! Smile
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Excellent. Thank you both.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2712 Posts

Profile of John Long
Can this be done with a spectator's deck?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, John Long wrote:

It requires a minimal set up; so with a little creativity and thought, I guess you could - but Chris teaches doing it with your own deck, not a borrowed one, so you're always ready to go as long as your cards are in your pocket! Smile
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
135 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:

No. If you saw the complete performance you would easily see through it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Dave the Knave wrote:
Quote:

No. If you saw the complete performance you would easily see through it.

But this is a magician fooler, no?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Quote:

It requires a minimal set up; so with a little creativity and thought, I guess you could - but Chris teaches doing it with your own deck, not a borrowed one, so you're always ready to go as long as your cards are in your pocket! Smile

How long does it take to set up the deck?
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Quote:

How long does it take to set up the deck?

Probably overnight.

You're finding four cards. How long do you think a "minimal set up" with four cards might take?
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
64 Posts

Profile of cho7
Well, it's in the end a very easy effect mostly based on a technique than many of us already know. So easy that I actually wonder why the video is sooooo looong. Seriously, 1 hour, which could have been reduce to 10 minutes. I never felt so bored by playing a video before.

TBH an uncut performance will have lead me to the trick, so I wouldn't have buy it.

My other concern is that I read a review which was saying that you can do this with a borrowed deck. No you can't, unless you somehow "alter" the deck of your friend, but according to my personal definition of "borrowed-deck-friendly-trick" this trick is not one of them.

My 2 cents
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, cho7 wrote:
So easy that I actually wonder why the video is sooooo looong. Seriously, 1 hour, which could have been reduce to 10 minutes. I never felt so bored by playing a video before.

Totally agree ! I got extreme anxiety watching this tutorial. Could have been 10-15 minutes tops....but he HAD to do about 76 ribbon spreads for no apparent reason. OK... I LIKE the effect, so I'll not gripe too much about having too much explanation.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, cho7 wrote:
My other concern is that I read a review which was saying that you can do this with a borrowed deck. No you can't, unless you somehow "alter" the deck of your friend, but according to my personal definition of "borrowed-deck-friendly-trick" this trick is not one of them.

This ABSOLUTELY can be done with a borrowed deck. It is entirely possible you missed the tip as to how that is possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL