The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1630 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Gotta laugh at all these people demanding "full performance demonstrations" before parting with their cash. We oldies remember the printed catalogues, The number of times I was burned as a youth by a description that made it sound like I was buying REAL MAGIC!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1630 Posts

Profile of Ross W
One question about this: how practical is this to put either before or after other tricks, without a deck switch?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Very easy... incredibly easy set up..
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1232 Posts

Profile of Jared
I watched this last night and my gosh talk about OVERKILL! While the trick itself is pretty good I was practically screaming at my computer monitor for having to watch 1 hour and 7 minutes of Chris's explanation. This was already mentioned before but honestly 15-minutes would have been a generous amount of time for the performance, credits, and explanation. If nothing else, why couldn't they have divided this into two segments: (1) quick explanation, and (2) detailed explanation? Honestly, this was borderline torture.
castype
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of castype
I felt the same way. I must have said 'OK we get it!!!' out loud 20 times. Pretty decent trick regardless.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
136 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
I'd rather be thorough than not. Smile
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
848 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Ross W wrote:
...We oldies remember the printed catalogues, The number of times I was burned as a youth by a description that made it sound like I was buying REAL MAGIC!

I guess you're right, Ross, I AM getting old. I remember the old 'Abbott's' catalog. Easily an inch (2.54cm for my European friends) thick. The overwhelming majority of the effects were pretty bad (sorry, Percy), but God did I love when that catalog arrived at my doorstep.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4711 Posts

Profile of RNK
I finally got around to checking this out and I have to say that I do like this. Nothing knuckle busting that allows you to concentrate on your performance. I do apologize to Chris for giving him a hard time. Though, I do think a full demo could have been released without most not being able to backtrack and figure this out. I do think this is practical and the deck can be used for other effects.

Overall a very nice release Chris!

RNK
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Ross W wrote:
One question about this: how practical is this to put either before or after other tricks, without a deck switch?

no deck switch needed. 30 second set-up.

J
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Good trick, especially for 10 bucks. I do wish there would be a less suspicious way of burning the cards. (Any ideas?) I do love the "card you could have picked" reveal though. I did the trick on some friends... it was not a "hard" audience, but they really enjoyed it. (I am a hobbyist.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Card Poker by Chris Rawlins  (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL