The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sovereign Sandwich by David Jonathan (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
A sandwich effect that allows the spectator to shuffle the deck. Well done, David!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9683

Magic that happens in the spectator's hands is always the most powerful.

David Jonathan set out to enhance the "sandwich" plot by creating a clean and deceptive approach where the spectator makes the sandwich on their own! What sets Sovereign Sandwich apart is its authenticity. Your spectators will achieve an implausible feat all on their own as everything appears to happen out of the performer’s control. It looks and feels genuine, and most of all, it is completely baffling.

EFFECT: The two black kings are displayed and dispersed in the deck. The cards are thoroughly shuffled by the spectator, who then inserts a freely chosen signed selection anywhere in the pack. The spectator genuinely mixes the deck again and again, then the cards are immediately spread out to find the signed card is incredibly found directly sandwiched between the two black kings! The cards can be examined!

Comes with special Gimmicks printed on USPCC Bicycle Rider Back stock (available in Red or Blue)
Nearly self-working! No sleight of hand! Easy to learn!
Practical and versatile method
Multiple handlings taught, including an In The Hands version (no table required)
Online instructional video with nearly 50 minutes of detailed explanations
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks! So this is my approach to the sandwich plot where the spectator makes the sandwich themselves from a deck they continuously and legitimately shuffle. It feels hands off as everything happens out of the performer's control and it leaves the spectator with a nice puzzle as to how they accomplished this improbable moment.

The trailer is a no frills, full performance - no sneaky edits to hide anything. With a lot of complaints of edited trailers lately, I wanted put an honest performance out there. A lot of thought has went into building deceptive layers to the method, so I would rather not show an edited performance where people would just assume its not that clean, so what you see is what you get.

I also teach some alternate handlings, including an In The Hands version that does not require a table.

Its currently available from Penguin, or from myself directly (link is in my signature). Happy to answer any questions.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I viewed the video of this new trick it looks awesome!!!! Thanks mr. jonathan for giving the entire performance so we can see EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Adam
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks, I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

FYI, there is a launch special for this effect that is running through the end of the week (more details in the link in my sig)
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just ordered this and saw the instructional video. It is very easy to perform and I look forward to receiving the cards and practicing it. The price is not bad for this handling of a classic. It will be the method I use from now on. My only put off, if you can call it that is the online instruction part but then again I'm old fashioned and prefer written instructions or dvd. But I've gone to writing up short instructions on my effects anyway and find that writing them out helps me to remember the order of handling better. But again that's just me. Overall I'm very happy with this. Nice job on explaining it as well.

Btw what is the special that is running til the end of the week? I could not find that on your signature.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's a bonus effect that you get for free if you order Sovereign Sandwich.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thanks Magic KL I ordered through Penguin Magic do you know if its just sent with the cards or is it an online thing? I think I'm going to like this but I'll be using a handling I'm working on in my head but need to wait and see if its a practical handling.

Good magic to all,

Eric
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Eric. Very happy to hear you like it.

The nice thing about the method is once you understand the core principle of how it all works, its very versatile so you can come up with your own different handlings. The presentation in the trailer is just my approach, but it can be accomplished a number of different ways. Also, the special cards you receive can be used to create other very different effects with, which I think is a nice bonus.

The launch special is you get a free download of my effect 'Serial Sense' (spectator predicts the serial number of their own bill). That was just a a little something for folks who order direct from me, but I'm happy to share it to anyone who ordered from Penguin as well- just shoot me PM and I'll send you the PDF.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thank you David for the PDF! This too is a very nice well thought out routine. I'm really looking forward to test running Sovereign Sandwich. It has always amazed me when an effect that is mostly done in the hands of your spec can create such a great outcome. This has to be the cleanest version of this type of effect imho.

Good magic to all,

Eric
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Just wanted to announce that this routine has been updated with a revised handling that now flows together more fluidly.

I filmed a new full performance here so you can see exactly how the effect now plays out: https://vimeo.com/324858147

The new bonus tutorial can be accessed at the link that comes in the package.

(Also, use the code SAND30 on my site to save 30% off this through the end of this week!)
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
David, effect looks Good!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2019, Rizzo wrote:

Thanks, Rizzo! I've been getting a couple of questions on this so I figured I would answer them publicly...

This does not use R/S or sticky stuff - the supplied gimmicks do nearly all the work for you. Also, with a tiny bit of thought, you could use the same deck before or after this routine. Hope that info helps.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
jugagien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jugagien
David,
Will there be any promotions or discount anytime soon? Looks really good and clean!
Thanks!

Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2019, Rizzo wrote:

Thanks, Rizzo! I've been getting a couple of questions on this so I figured I would answer them publicly...

This does not use R/S or sticky stuff - the supplied gimmicks do nearly all the work for you. Also, with a tiny bit of thought, you could use the same deck before or after this routine. Hope that info helps.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, jugagien wrote:
David,
Will there be any promotions or discount anytime soon? Looks really good and clean!
Thanks!

Thanks! Nothing planned at the moment, been focusing on some upcoming releases, but you never know!

FYI this was just released through Murphy’s today so it should be available at your favorite magic shop now.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey there!

I just posted a review of Sovereign Sandwich on my YouTube channel!

Check it out here!

Hope this helps you out! Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:
Hey there!

I just posted a review of Sovereign Sandwich on my YouTube channel!

Check it out here!

Hope this helps you out! Smile

Great review - thanks for sharing!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - Sovereign Sandwich by David Jonathan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabajG7o16I
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
This gets discussed on the PropDov live.

It is a highly effective yet easy sandwich effect.
https://fbwat.ch/1LscKBTfuuoCJJ7c
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Propdog give the most honest reviews out of all the magic shops.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sovereign Sandwich by David Jonathan (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL