The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers coins! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I recently ordered some coins from Roy Kueppers. I picked up a CSB (Ike dollar with black Chinese coins), along with a matching shell, and three extra matching Chinese coins.

All I can say is “wow”. The workmanship is fantastic. The gimmicks are absolutely flawless, and I’m very happy with the look of the Chinese coins (a main concern of mine as I was shopping around). But I think if you read any review of any of the top coin guys, you’ll find them to all be very positive regarding the workmanship of the coins themselves. But there’s more.

Roy was very easy to get ahold of, was very responsive, even as I kept adding to my order and changing my mind throughout the process. My order shipped very quickly, with a tracking number and arrived as soon as could be expected, given that it was coming from Canada. In an unusual turn of events, an extra coin set was also mailed out to me by accident, which was completely my fault, as I kept adding to and changing my order which made the situation more confusing than it needed to be.

Roy asked me to call him, and explained what had happened. He was nice enough to send the correct order out as well, just days after the incorrect order was on its way to me. He simply asked that I mail him back the incorrect coins when I received them. What OUTSTANDING customer service! He was easy to talk to, and super friendly.

Quick side note: I keep using the word “incorrect”, but again, that was totally my fault because of the bone headed way I placed my order. Just using “incorrect” to differentiate between the two packages that went out.

Anyways... the correct order arrived quickly. The “incorrect” order did not. It may have gotten trapped in customs, or lost by my highly incompetent mail delivery person... but it took FOREVER. In fact, at one point, I started to worry about how this was starting to look!! Could you imagine? “Yeah Roy, these coins are great, thanks. And oh, by the way, you know those extra ones I said I’d send back? Yeah, I never got them... sorry.”

They eventually arrived, and I let Roy know right away. He couldn’t have been more pleasant and easy going about it. In short: Roy Kueppers is the man. Pleasant, responsive, efficient, and does fantastic work. He’s definitely got a customer for life. If you’re one of these guys doing research about who you should start buying your coin gimmicks from, you can’t go wrong with Roy. Tremendous.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I have bought a few coins from Roy and everything you stated above is right on. He was very easy to talk with and the coins look great. He is a good alternative to other coin gaff makers.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, wonderful craftsman and gentleman...Just a pleasure to deal with. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
Fairfax
57 Posts

Profile of mrjinglesusa
Agree with all the above.

I bought some Walking Liberty coin sets (the ones needed for Eric Jones Metal 2 - Glitch Change, OXF, and Copper/Silver). They are magnificent.

Took a little longer than Roy first estimated but I kind of expected that from my reading of custom coin gaff guys and their timelines.

He was very responsive to all my email inquiries about estimated completion and when it had been a few weeks after his original estimate, he was very apologetic and made it a point to focus on completing my sets and got them out to me in a couple days.

So if an original estimated completion date from Roy comes and goes, don't fret because you'll get your coins and they will be well worth the wait!
Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
I wish he would have included a Canadian Toonie in his lethal tender...I'm spending $10 to have one sent to me. I probably shoild have shopped around more but I am too anxious to perform it.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I agree with the others who have had a great experience with Roy Kueppers' coins. I have a c/s set, fl****, expanded s***, sun and moon with s***. All great quality, and an easy buying experience. Can't recommend his products enough. I also have a few other items he manufactured for other magicians' products and the quality is just superb.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2018, Daston wrote:
I wish he would have included a Canadian Toonie in his lethal tender...I'm spending $10 to have one sent to me. I probably shoild have shopped around more but I am too anxious to perform it.

The Canadian Lethal Tender does include a Toonie:

http://magicstore.ca/?product=lethal-ten......115eb4b3

Todd
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Fine review. I have some s**lls from Kueppers. They are of the finest quality and work really well. And it's cheap also Smile
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Fantastic service and products! I just ordered through email and received within the month!
I’ve NEVER HAD a bad experience with Roy!
My fave coin man!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Roy has done several coin sets for me.
All have been flawless and his customer service
is great too.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Roy's work is great.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I have purchased and agree with the others who have had a great experience with Roy Kueppers. I have some older versions and they still hold the value and quality!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I found Roy to be the opposite ie when I tried contacting Roy which was quite sometime ago now he didn't reply at all, having said that from what I have seen his workmanship is good though.
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, warren wrote:
I found Roy to be the opposite ie when I tried contacting Roy which was quite sometime ago now he didn't reply at all, having said that from what I have seen his workmanship is good though.

I sent him an email a couple of weeks back and have had no reply. I sent another just in case the first didn’t get through, and sadly no reply to that one either.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:
Quote:

I sent him an email a couple of weeks back and have had no reply. I sent another just in case the first didn’t get through, and sadly no reply to that one either.

He is one of those that you need to call. Since he is in Canada, you can get a Google voice number in the US to call him no charge.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

He is one of those that you need to call. Since he is in Canada, you can get a Google voice number in the US to call him no charge.

I'm in the UK - it makes timing calls at the right time a little more difficult. I know it's not impossible, but it does mean email is so much easier - it gives people chance to reply whenever is most convenient.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
As I'm in the UK I've never heard of google voice calls so at least I've learned something new Smile perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the email option from his site so as to save confusion as most of us assume if you have a business email for your business that you would check the emails and reply to them.

In the end I was able to order from Todd Lassen via email so I was more than happy with my purchase but I'll take on board your advice as there aren't enough quality coin gaff makers out there unfortunately.
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
As I'm in the UK I've never heard of google voice calls so at least I've learned something new Smile perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the email option from his site so as to save confusion as most of us assume if you have a business email for your business that you would check the emails and reply to them.

In the end I was able to order from Todd Lassen via email so I was more than happy with my purchase but I'll take on board your advice as there aren't enough quality coin gaff makers out there unfortunately.

Did it take you long to get in touch with Todd by email? I'm tempted to get some stuff from him and start the process soon, given I know it will take quite a while..!
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in the UK - it makes timing calls at the right time a little more difficult. I know it's not impossible, but it does mean email is so much easier - it gives people chance to reply whenever is most convenient.

When I called, he called me back on a weekend. So if you leave a good time, he will call back.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
Quote:

Did it take you long to get in touch with Todd by email? I'm tempted to get some stuff from him and start the process soon, given I know it will take quite a while..!

It took me quite a while to get in touch with Todd via various emails but it was worth the wait as his work is very good, I have a sun & moon set from him and a walking liberty [ set and both are top notch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers coins! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL