The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A magician that could use some support (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EllisJames52
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh PA
51 Posts

Profile of EllisJames52
I never would’ve thought my first post on the Café would be like this. I’ve been struggling with some GI problems for a while. After 2 months of tests and no results, I got diagnosed with IBD earlier tonight. This is gonna follow me for the rest of my life. I don’t even know how to process that yet.
I’m 18, and I’m going to college in Boston next year, and I was planning on performing regularly. What if I have a flare up during a gig? How can I be a reliable person if I can’t depend on my GI tract.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Pay attention to the doctor's instructions. Find out what causes flare ups and avoid those things before a gig.

As a reference, Dynamo has Crohns which is also a GI disorder and he seems to be doing alright for himself.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
IBD is a diagnosis of exclusion. I would guess your stomach and colon have been checked. It can be controlled and you'll learn triggers...stress and worry don't help.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Chris and Tom are both right.

When you are 18 , "the rest of your life" is a long time. Since this diagnosis is becoming more common, there is a lot of research going in that direction. You never know what could be discovered.

Take heart. A positive attitude is helpful in all health matters as it helps you to heal.

We are pulling for you EllisJames52.

-Mary Mowder
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
What Mary said.

Jeff
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I also highly second the suggestion to really take your doctor's instructions seriously. Do your research on what you can and can't eat, and really focus on the right diet for you. With the right control, you can lead a very good life, but if you ignore what you need, it can lead to cancer, as it did with my nephew.

All the best to you.

KJ
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You are still on my prayer list at almost daily Mass.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
My daughter has recently been diagnosed with Crohns. As Mary mentioned, it (and IBD) are manageable, and theres a lot of research in the area now. Listen to doctor, talk with nutritionist.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A magician that could use some support (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL