The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Slim Hip Pocket Mullica Knockoff? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
To qualify

The zip not being the correct colour was a big clue it might not be real

And even if Pengiun had of sent a 'knock off' - it may well of not been Penguin's fault

I'm not saying they did

But also I do note that the company is offering to exchange the wallets and admits they are not correct/normal...

... I didn't think it likely Penguin had sent a fake

If 'Penguin deserves an apology for the public statement' I'm not sure... as there was reason for the doubt

I think maners would suggest maybe something along the lines of...

'I'm glad, even though it looked like [with the different zip colour/feel] it was a knock off and not the same it was real... phew... and thank you Pengiun for your help, I coudln't believe you would sell knock offs - I'm happy I was right. Thanks'
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Jaybs wrote:
Actually, I was just trying to ask a question to validate if it was legitimate or not

"I think Penguin sent me a knock-off version of it."

You did not write this in the form of a question.

Penguin deserves an apology for your public statement.

Why is doing that so hard?

It’s really not a matter of it being hard, but a matter of me not letting you be the sole voice for the public in deciding if my post warrants an apology.

Let me just throw this hypothetical example out there – let’s say I purchased a pair of brand name shoes on Zappos and I post on a public forum like Reddit that “I think the shoes that I just received from Zappos might be a knockoff” just so that I could validate from other Zappos shoe buyers if my shoes were legitimate or not. Let’s say a Zappos rep happened to stumble on the thread and explained the situation. Most readers would probably not take it as an attack on Zappos and my assumption is that most consumers are also not going to immediately believe that Zappos is suddenly running the largest online fake shoe market from my one post.

I applaud Acar and Tim T. for how professionally they handled everything. Since they represent Penguin, if they were to contact me to let me know that they were upset by my post and would like an apology, then I am more than happy do do so. I’m not really in the “too big of a man to apologize/can't get off my high horse to apologize” business, but I can't support the business of "one man speaks for all of us."
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:

And yeah, it's a real shame that instead of bickering back and forth on a magic forum that I would want to pick up a phone and discuss it like an adult - god forbid.

You're a real, "do as I say, not as I do" sort, yeah? Or do you really see no hypocrisy here: "Everyone should be cool with me publicly accusing a company of selling knock-offs. And if they do have an issue with it, they should address it with me privately."

I'm not saying you need to apologize, but chastising people for not calling you on the phone in regards to an issue *you* chose to bring up in a public forum is ridiculous.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:

And yeah, it's a real shame that instead of bickering back and forth on a magic forum that I would want to pick up a phone and discuss it like an adult - god forbid.

You're a real, "do as I say, not as I do" sort, yeah? Or do you really see no hypocrisy here: "Everyone should be cool with me publicly accusing a company of selling knock-offs. And if they do have an issue with it, they should address it with me privately."

I'm not saying you need to apologize, but chastising people for not calling you on the phone in regards to an issue *you* chose to bring up in a public forum is ridiculous.

Nope, I was merely offering the option of messaging or calling me directly to prevent this thread from filling up with back and forth quibble. Do and say what you will, that's the beauty of freedom of choice/speech, but speaking of hypocrisy, I should have stopped my end of the bickering on this thread a few posts back. So, I'll wrap up my say on this thread. If you want to talk more, you know how to get a hold of me. Cheers!

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, The Duster wrote:

To qualify

The zip not being the correct colour was a big clue it might not be real

And even if Pengiun had of sent a 'knock off' - it may well of not been Penguin's fault

I'm not saying they did

But also I do note that the company is offering to exchange the wallets and admits they are not correct/normal...

... I didn't think it likely Penguin had sent a fake

If 'Penguin deserves an apology for the public statement' I'm not sure... as there was reason for the doubt

I think maners would suggest maybe something along the lines of...

'I'm glad, even though it looked like [with the different zip colour/feel] it was a knock off and not the same it was real... phew... and thank you Pengiun for your help, I coudln't believe you would sell knock offs - I'm happy I was right. Thanks'

Good post and you shared very valid points, thank you.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
Actually, I was just trying to ask a question to validate if it was legitimate or not - if it rubbed you the wrong way, then that's on you, but please bear in mind that I posted it without any malicious intent. I decided to start a post on the Cae because I figured this was an open forum and I could get input from magicians if it was legitimate. I trust the opinions of the everyday magician because I consider a majority of their opinions to be unbiased. For the record - I've been a Penguin customer for multiple years and overall, I think they're great.

Jaybs, I'd just give up now dude., Most of the people here barely touch magic,m they are essentially profesional arguers who can take the tiniest of things and turn it into a seventeen page post.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I just got this. For the first thing it is most definitely NOT the "Highest quality custom-made black leather wallet." Sorry, it's not.

If you tell me the product is and I quote the "Highest quality custom-made black leather wallet." it better be the likes of JOL or perhaps like my phantom wallet etc. Not this.

Because, to me, by stating this in the ad and me receiving anything BUT the "Highest quality custom-made black leather wallet." it makes the entire product a ripoff. Sorry, no, I'm not sorry. It's just the way I roll.

Second, it's simply cheap and thin. I don't think it can be an everyday carry wallet. And as a wallet, (most wallets are tough and last a life time) it should be able to be carried and sat on everyday. Not this one. I would be afraid it may not last long.

Third, it's in the category of I'd say $35 unless you are willing to pay 40% or more for a name.

does it work ok? Yea, it's works ok. Could it be my everyday wallet? No, not mine. Maybe every other day. I like my mental wallet to be my everyday so when I'm sitting around doing nothing or waiting in the Dentist office I can pull it out and putz around with it and recall all the stuff that's in it.

So anyway, I'm getting an annihilation wallet tomorrow and I'll be able to compare the two.

J

PS: I like Jaybs routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Slim Hip Pocket Mullica Knockoff? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL