The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pandora - an out for any occasion. (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Hello all,
Fraser Parker has just put out a principle by myself. It works as an out for any occasion that it is needed, but also allows for the spectator to think of anything that they want, and as the performer you can reveal it with no writing down. With no process.

Pandora by Mitchell Kettlewell:
http://www.fraserparker.co.uk/pandora.htm

The secret of Pandora has remained a mystery throughout all of eternity.... Until now!

Mitchell Kettlewell brings to you a devious technique that will allow you to have an out for literally ANY occasion. Practicing a propless routine and worried it will fail? With Pandora, there’s no need to – it’s secret will save you in every situation.

All you need is a pen and whatever you would normally write on to reveal your spectator's thoughts.

There are no gimmicks or flaps or any other strange workings; you use the writing implement and piece of paper or billet you would normally use to write down your impressions – yet, you will always have a safety net, to fall back on!

Yes, it uses the clever use of linguistics as well as the ability words have to shift perception and change reality for others, in order for it to work.

Not only does Pandora have applications as an ‘out for any occasion’, it can also be used within a routine to have your spectator randomly think of anything, as a secondary piece of information; and with no process, you nail it!

In this first in the series of old style booklets, Mitchell explains in-depth, the Pandora technique and its other applications, as well as many of his other underground principles, methods and theories that will allow you to take your existing Mentalism to new heights.

When Mitchell was first coming up with this, Fraser insisted he write it down immediately, so that he didn't forget it – it really was that good!

Now, the secret is finally here. What will you do with it?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Looks very interesting...I'm hoping this is good. I may order!

Sleepy
The_March_Hare
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
I'm struggling with how to describe this effect and hopefully Mitchell doesn't kill me for giving away too much because I cannot be direct without giving away the method but I don't want to be too general in description either.

This is for people who are fans of Peter Turner and Fraser Parker, without a doubt. I would say that this is also for someone who is an intermediate to advanced mentalist because it is bold but also requires a certain level of experience to perform it. You have to have good acting skills and not be afraid of the minimal d*** reality. Yes I said it, there is some d*** reality but... the participant can talk afterwards and there is nothing for the rest of the audience to find out. The participant can say whatever they want and nobody will view it less impressive. I think that it will be viewed as if you were sorting through thoughts and then stumbled upon the one that you wanted to focus on.

The technique itself is sort of a lingustic trick that allows you to build the deception of your mind reading routines, while making it seem like you know more information than you actually do. In this way it works kind of like a good reading does, except that it is not a reading at all. I will be using this from now on to harvest additional hits and increase the deception of the routines that I already perform.

Is it worth the $50 or so that they are asking for it? If you are new to mentalism, don't like DR, and don't like taking any sort of risks, then no but if you like Peter Turner, Michael Murray, and other mind reading that has some sort of risk involved but with a major pay-off at the end then this is definitely for you. Furthermore it will add to the deception and it might even make you more willing to take some risks for the sake of increasing your reputation.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for that, it was really helpful!

One question, you said it requires you to be "bold" but if this is an out, shouldn't it be more or less 100% surefire?

Sleepy
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:

One question, you said it requires you to be "bold" but if this is an out, shouldn't it be more or less 100% surefire?

Sleepy

I’d say his was Bold in the sense that the method is a maybe a little ‘out there’, but it is indeed 100% surefire. The only time it will go wrong, is in the case that your spectators are not controlled - even then the method will still work, the effect is just mildly weakened.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, MitchellK wrote:
Quote:

Sleepy

I’d say his was Bold in the sense that the method is a maybe a little ‘out there’, but it is indeed 100% surefire. The only time it will go wrong, is in the case that your spectators are not controlled - even then the method will still work, the effect is just mildly weakened.

Thanks for the reply! Appreciated!

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just another question..is thus out still impressive to the person you are performing it to?

Sleepy
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
Just another question..is thus out still impressive to the person you are performing it to?

Sleepy

It is, yes. Therefore, if they do expose the mild DR, nothing is lost from the performance from anyone else’s perspective.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18594 Posts

Profile of IAIN
In what way would this be better than say, NW or PW?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am going to wait for some reviews on this. Given the outlay for what is a download I'd like to know how practical this is in the real world and if it is something I could definitely use.
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, IAIN wrote:
In what way would this be better than say, NW or PW?

Each has it positive and negative. It’s down to the performer I guess as to what they wish to use. With Pandora, no hidden writing is done, so there’s not much to get caught out with. The showing of the committed information (on the performers part) is done almost instantly after the naming of their thought.
NW and PW are options to utilise as an out. If the performer has already used these such techniques then this is an alternative. Pandora also doesn’t require th eperformer to have anything on them (except a pen and paper, which can of course be picked up somewhere on the fly - receipts/napkins, and a pen.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18594 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah,that's the mechanics though..stuff that the participants don't see or are aware of. If I need pen and paper for this, then that's no different for PW...

I guess I'm asking which looks cleaner and more of a straight line... presentationally I mean.
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Yeah,that's the mechanics though..stuff that the participants don't see or are aware of. If I need pen and paper for this, then that's no different for PW...

I guess I'm asking which looks cleaner and more of a straight line... presentationally I mean.

I’d say that they are both the same - pandora looks exactly as it should (as if you have nailed the exact information they thought of). Therefore, it in some way achieves the same thing as NW or PW does. With outlook and what the techniques provide (an out).
The_March_Hare
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
Quote:

Sleepy

Hi Sleepy, I apologize for replying late... late nights at work and what not.

I would say that when I said "bold", I think that some people will get a bad case of magicians guilt at what they are getting away with and therefore be afraid of it. I think that like most mentalism, you need some acting skills and some performance chops as Mitchell said. It's not an out like "The Gift" by Angelo where everything is above board. This has some mild duel reality but as far as the people talking afterwards, there is nothing to get called out on or anything. Everyone is fooled but just some people see a method like this and think "I'm afraid" and never attempt it. I think that the only way you could get caught is if you go into it without confidence and being casual about it.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
So many busy days... Wanted to chime in with my thoughts.

Subscribe if you haven't already, hit that like button if that's your prerogative and share the love if you found something useful.

See you soon,
-Jacob
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
399 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, NeilS wrote:
I am going to wait for some reviews on this. Given the outlay for what is a download I'd like to know how practical this is in the real world and if it is something I could definitely use.

The product page says we will receive a booklet sent out April 16th, and a pdf will be sent within 24 hours of purchase.

Unfortunately, 0% of material from Fraser/Taylor has been usable for me--and some of the advertising copies have made me quite annoyed upon finding out the actual handling. Watkins, I've been more pleased with, and Turner has been hitting grand slams left and right.

My question is--is this usable in the setting of a stage show, or is there some blatant compromise I'm going to have to make visually or intellectually that will either weaken the climax into a "meh" performance, or open the door to participants being confused?

I loathe the use of confusion that has been present in many previous releases.

In purchasing Pandora, I would expect a simple principle that I can apply to at least half of my psycho-mechanical material without an intellectual compromise(confusing the participant with lack of clarity and then reframing or procedural confusion to gain information).

The price tag is awfully high for the claim, which leads me to believe this has merit--but I'm wary of the brand's former work.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I have the same doubts as you. Although I haven't liked Fraser's work much, I've really loved Taylor's and Turner's.

I'm not sure if I should purchase this or not?

Sleepy
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, NeilS wrote:

The product page says we will receive a booklet sent out April 16th, and a pdf will be sent within 24 hours of purchase.

Unfortunately, 0% of material from Fraser/Taylor has been usable for me--and some of the advertising copies have made me quite annoyed upon finding out the actual handling. Watkins, I've been more pleased with, and Turner has been hitting grand slams left and right.

My question is--is this usable in the setting of a stage show, or is there some blatant compromise I'm going to have to make visually or intellectually that will either weaken the climax into a "meh" performance, or open the door to participants being confused?

I loathe the use of confusion that has been present in many previous releases.

In purchasing Pandora, I would expect a simple principle that I can apply to at least half of my psycho-mechanical material without an intellectual compromise(confusing the participant with lack of clarity and then reframing or procedural confusion to gain information).

The price tag is awfully high for the claim, which leads me to believe this has merit--but I'm wary of the brand's former work.

||sean ||

Hi there,
This requires no reframing or anything, it looks exactly as it should if you were to perform the routine and it runs perfectly (using Pandora as an ‘out’ does not detract in any way).
I hate that I can’t say much more without giving the method away.
Sorry! And thank you.
Mitchell
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
For those on the fence, one thing I think is fair to let you know is that this isn’t an out you could use in exactly the same way you could PW or NW... what I mean is with those 2 other methods you could literally walk up to someone and ask that they name any anything and get a success, whereas with Pandora there would have to be something that happens prior to asking the same thing.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, Johnsypoppins wrote:
For those on the fence, one thing I think is fair to let you know is that this isn’t an out you could use in exactly the same way you could PW or NW... what I mean is with those 2 other methods you could literally walk up to someone and ask that they name any anything and get a success, whereas with Pandora there would have to be something that happens prior to asking the same thing.

So for example if I m doing a propless piece as an introduction...I won't be able to use this as an out?

Thanks

Sleepy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pandora - an out for any occasion. (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL