The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 'Just Chance' for kids - Forcing Dice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hello,

I have been thinking about routines, for kids of all ages, around the 'Just Chnace'/Bank Night theme. Specifically using forcing dice as I have recently happened upon some.

I cant decide whether making the kids lose is a good way to go. I have thought about letting the kid win something small, let them sit back down, then reveal that all the other boxes/envelopes had better prizes that they 'could have won'.

Alternatively it could be turned into a game show where they do win the prize, but where is the magic?

Are there any effects out there that people would recommend that don't make the child the loser?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
Joe
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's "Merry Christmas Carousel" from The Wizards' Journal # 15 is all about how: "Kids get lucky at Christmas. The proof of this is how easily they take all your prizes when you spin the Magic Merry Christmas Carousel and have them choose the brass ring." While it is not about using forcing dice, the plot of the child always winning is possibly one you might like.
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Thanks Jim! I’ll look into it 👍
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Let me get this straight..

You want to go to a party and manipulate the children by teaching them to shoot craps using loaded dice? Smile

The thought of an adult going to a party to use loaded dice to control the way the dice lands and disappoint children by allowing them to win a minor prize and demonstrait what losers they are by opening envelopes with better prizes is unconscionable

I think you may be resented by the parents if you start to shoot craps with the children and basicaly teach them how to gamble.

AND THE COMMENT; “Alternatively it could be turned into a game show where they do win the prize, but where is the magic? ‘

The question is, where is the magic if they lose? Where is the magic if they win?

The answer is it’s not magical either way. It’s shooting craps with loaded dice

My suggestion is, leave the loaded dice at home for children’s shows and perform magic Smile
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
Hi Joe,

Get this routine called 'The Dice is Right' from Practical Magic in the U.K.

https://practical-magic.com/products/the-dice-is-right

It has comedy and the child comes out as the winner. The child's prize turns out to be much better than the other prizes that initially sound grander and more flashy. Those prizes are revealed to be comically awful.
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Brilliant! Looks like what I’m looking for. I’ll check it out - thanks!
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
On Max Maven’s Nothing, he does a routine with a die and six paper bags. The bags that are won have terrible prizes, the one left for Max he’s the good prize.

For kids, do it with one kid. The numbers he rolls are the bags he eliminates. The anticipation is that his final prize will be the same, so getting a $2 bill or a toy will seem better by contrast.

Patrick
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
If you like the forcing dice, might want to check out Martin Duffy's huge stage size, full set (for all the numbers). A review and link can be found here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 'Just Chance' for kids - Forcing Dice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL