The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cleaning Scotch and Soda (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

graeme_p_
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of graeme_p_
I've got the English 10p-2p version and want to know the best way to clean them.

Thanks.
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Probably Polish, it works for the centavo
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
You could use this product called Tarn. X and use a Q-tip to clean your coins. Or use aluminum polish to clean your coins.
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
Which type of polish is best?
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
Don't use the chemicals. Go to a jewelry supply shop and purchase a jeweler's cloth. These are wonderful for cleaning all sorts of small metal objects.

These are really two cloths. One is a polish cloth and the other is used for buffing.

All total about $8 and it lasts forever.
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
I cleaned my copper/silver piece with Brasso. The only problem is that it now has a shine on the copper side that won't go away. So, after the real copper penny has tarnished a little, the two coins don't match. I had a spectator pick up on this the last time I performed it. I guess now I'll just have to keep both coins highly polished.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-04-25 16:46, Dawai wrote:
You could use this product called Tarn. X and use a Q-tip to clean your coins. Or use aluminum polish to clean your coins.

Tarn X didn't work well on my coins. It cleaned them up for about four hours, then they had all sorts of terrible stains and such.

I find that vinegar and salt works the best.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Don't use TarnX!

Silver polish works well. That's what I use.

Something else that works is taco sauce. Put a copper coin into some taco sauce and leave it for a few hours. When you take it out it will be shiny copper.

And we eat this stuff???
Daniel Faith
graeme_p_
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of graeme_p_
Thanks for the advice
Ernst VCO
View Profile
New user
that has really been trying, but only has
52 Posts

Profile of Ernst VCO
I cleaned my Scotch and Soda with salt and vinegar, but it made the gimmick half look a little pinkish, like it removed some of the finish, has anyone else had this problem?
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
I prefer keeping my silver shiny and my copper dark, for contrast personally.
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
I use an electric ring cleaner.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Acetone?
Bob Magic
View Profile
New user
San Diego, California
90 Posts

Profile of Bob Magic
Try 'Wright's Silver Cream' found at most super-markets in the USA and probably available in Great Britain. Use a Q-tip and very light pressure until you get what you want. If you use an identical coin to produce after the miracle polish it too.

-Bob
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Use Wright's Silver Cream for the half dollar and his Copper Polish for the Centavo. Good luck!
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
I still think they look "more real", sic., tarnished. And you loose value if you polish your coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cleaning Scotch and Soda (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL