The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "So Dark" ...good for non-LUNAers? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Hello fine folks,

I've been writing a bit lately, coming up with some new routines and scripts, and I brushed off LD (___Diary) and Room Service and thought I should work out a really good presentation. I LOVE Room Service, and I like the Diary a lot, but have never used it performance.

I looked around and saw the "SO DARK" ebook.
It looks like the book would be really helpful for any related material, even if the specific details are different.
Am I right? Are the presentational ideas in "SO DARK" applicable to Room Service, LD, and other spirit type effects?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3207 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
A lot of the bizarre effects, such as you mentioned, share the same or similar method but a different theme. The OOTW is a perfect example. Therefore, I would say the answer to your question is YES for many of them. It's really all in presentation, anyway, so to share advice from another genre' of magic, "You can use a florescent TT if you use it correctly.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2611 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I agree. . .so dark is filled with many great ideas that can be used with other effects other than Luna!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Thank you both.
My small wad of extra cash seems to have ...magically disappeared, but I will be getting this soon!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I read this once a year. I have yet to perform LUNA, but so many of the performance perspectives inspire, that it is a regular source of inspiration.
Lancy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Lancy
Agreed. it certainly motivates me to get my mystery head on for various routines not just L~na
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » "So Dark" ...good for non-LUNAers? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL