The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Memory of Harry Anderson (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
One of THE FINEST comedy magicians the world has known.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZJbwBjMo8
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
hocuspocus38
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus38
So Shocked to learn of this. Only 65.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Anaheim, CA USA
181 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Horrible news
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I was very fortunate to meet Harry Anderson in the early 80's at the Magic Castle during a fund raiser for David Copperfield's Project Magic. I saw Harry Anderson perform the Card Sword effect and was floored...it was the first time I saw this effect. The way he performed this was so engaging and so much fun to follow along with. He was very entertaining and will be missed. His family is in our prayers.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2179 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Does anyone know if he was a Christian. I believe he was recently in a Christian film where he played an atheist. Didn’t know if anyone knew. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed.
R_B_C
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, Texas
65 Posts

Profile of R_B_C
I was lucky enough to meet Harry at a T.A.O.M many years ago. He was a genuinely warm and caring man. God Rest Him, he will be missed.
R_B_C
"If you can't convince them, confuse them." -Harry S. Truman
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4718 Posts

Profile of RNK
Such a funny and engaging human! RIP Harry.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11801 Posts

Profile of John C
Only 65...heck I'm only 62
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3699 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My magical hero. Proud owner of one of his famous Night Court ties and a few fedoras that he helped me pick out. I was just looking for one of his old emails last week and then this. So sad. RIP Hat.
Wandering Man
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Wandering Man
Way too early. Smile
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8540 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I actually first saw & enjoyed Harry from his wonderful show, "Night Court." It was always very funny, and I just enjoyed the judge character that Harry played. It was quite a while after, that I found out that he was also a fine magician. This made me smile as I loved magic as well. I always wondered then, why they didn't let Harry do more or some of his magic on the show, it would've been great and right in character with his fun-loving judge character. Smile Even loved his bits on "Cheers" as well, always liked catching whenever he'd drop in there. Always even more fun on the show. Smile

I was saddened to read about his passing. He was so talented and his magic was just a joy to watch. I keep seeing that fine "Hat" of his, it was his signature as to himself, and now something we all will fondly remember him by.

Condolences to his family.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
756 Posts

Profile of scott0819
News reports are pretty vague. Does anyone know if this was a possible suicide? I hope not but it seems to happen far too often in our community.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
The news article I saw said "natural causes".

Loved Harry's Polaroid Money routine. And, Needle Thru Arm, of course. All of Harry's magic was great.

I just ran into Turk Pipkin at the liquor store a few weeks ago and I told him I was a long time fan of his and Harry's. And, now this.

Robert
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
662 Posts

Profile of egoli
A few years back I was chatting to him and mentioned a story I had heard from Kozmo about a tourist who asked him to take a photo of her. Harry happened by and offered to take the picture and only after he left the lady remarked that he looked a lot like Harry Anderson. Kozmo confirmed to her that it was in fact Harry Anderson!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2018, scott0819 wrote:
News reports are pretty vague. Does anyone know if this was a possible suicide? I hope not but it seems to happen far too often in our community.

The 911 call is easily listened to online, and quite clearly indicates that it is a cardiac arrest call.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Great article about Harry even though it was written by a layman-
http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/magic......-7084125

I didn't know he owned a magic store and stage club some time ago. Did anyone here get out to either place?
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
873 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Had a short but brief chat with Harry at a World Magic Summit when it was still held in Washington DC. I was waiting for an elevator and lo and behold there he was when the doors opened. I invited him to our annual magic spectacular benefit here in Kona Hawaii and he was very interested as he had visited the Big Island and liked vacationing here. So when I got home I wrote to him and he wrote back and on his stationary was taped a very small chunk of wood and next it was the words "From the desk of Harry Anderson". Genius idea that made me laugh out loud. You don't know how much I wanted to steal that concept and use it for my own. But knew that I couldn't. He never did come do our show.....

Rest in Peace Harry. Mahalos for all the joy you brought to the world.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
Does anyone know if he was a Christian. I believe he was recently in a Christian film where he played an atheist. Didn’t know if anyone knew. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed.

I do not know and I haven't been able to find any info regarding so but here is the film he took a part in.
http://www.amatteroffaithmovie.com/meet-the-cast/
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1318 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Nice obituary in SF Chronicle today (NY Times writer). Harry had his jaw broken doing a shell and pea hustle in SF when he was 21. Morphing from the street hustle into stage magic and acting turned out the better for all of us. I also didn't know that he had his own magic shop in New Orleans. RIP Harry Anderson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Memory of Harry Anderson (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL